[ATTENTION SHOPPERS] New auction tool: scam
Tuesday 21/09/2010, 18:12
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
39 messages
[ATTENTION SHOPPERS] New auction tool: scam
Euzebe - Legend English - Tuesday 21/09/2010, 18:12

Hello all,

I've seen several people trying to sell Rass, Kiki or Berserkgirl for surrealist prizes with a title saying the cards were the collector version (which wasn't).
It is scam and it leads to a ban.

I repeat :
It is SCAM and it leads to a BAN

So the idea is not as clever as it seemed.
« Previous1234Next »

2/39
Mystic Ranger - Hero - Time Conquers All English
Tuesday 21/09/2010, 18:24

But cant people see it is Rass and not Rass Cr?
3/39
Euzebe - Legend English
Tuesday 21/09/2010, 18:28

Yes they can of course and most scams work thanks to inattention. But still, it's clearly a scam attempt and it's not allowed here.
4/39
Grapple X - Legend - The Infinite Shoeblack English
Tuesday 21/09/2010, 18:30

If you look at the details of the auction, you can. But if you just see it at what you assume to be a good price for the collector, you might bid before realising. I think the auction feature could do with being listed like the market, with a link to the character's page and the level clearly marked.
5/39
Jyongri - Senior - Official PoxNora Guild English
Tuesday 21/09/2010, 18:43

I still can see auction still have scam description Kiki Cr but it is not actually if you see the card it is Kiki.
6/39
Steelie_MOB - Titan - Masters of Battle English
Tuesday 21/09/2010, 18:45

Lol, that actually is quite clever, or more stupid from the people who fell for it. i mean, if you have a sale in your privates saying Rass instead of Rass Cr or wathever it should be obvious
7/39
Toxica - Legend - Open Casket English
Tuesday 21/09/2010, 18:59

It's not clever-- it's stupid. Do they really think the mods won't noticed a stupid little trick like that? They're going to get banned the moment a mod spots that "clever" little move. It's incredibly stupid to think that it would work. It's basically a way of telling the mods "Hey! I want to get banned!"
8/39
FAST IS FUN - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 21/09/2010, 19:01

@Steelie: It's not just stupid people who fall for it. Some of the people who are putting up the sham listings are very well known, large card traders who really do have Kiki Cr, Rass Cr, etc. I can completely understand why someone would think that the auctions were legit and want to move to get their bid in.
9/39
Euzebe - Legend English
Tuesday 21/09/2010, 19:12

@PichuLove : in your sentence there is one word which always lead to a ban : "scam".
It is theft, so no, the sanction is not too harsh.
10/39
Steelie_MOB - Titan - Masters of Battle English
Tuesday 21/09/2010, 19:43

Ow wow even people who have kiki's etc do this ?

just been checking the auctions if i could find one of those, i did find one named 3Vickie Cr wich actually was only 1 vickie and i did find one of berserkgril. noone placed a bid on the Berserkgirl but the vicie one had a bit of 300k

« Previous1234Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals