If you will be making a card on this game, what will it be? 5

Thursday 11/08/2011, 13:31
Six Nations - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
2500 messages
Six Nations - Hero - Open CasketEnglish - Thursday 11/08/2011, 13:31

Create your own card! Any ideas, just post em!

Originally created by 6SimS-Sven followed by Mr Intelijent then by Edon EG and then by SadisticCynic

To start us off:
Kimi
4*
7/4 -3 opp damage min 1
bio-The third member of the Circle of Assasins, Kimi is a master of acupuncture and can throw a needle faster than you can blink, a quick shot to the jugular and you're dead.
« Previous12...186187188189190191...249250Next »

1881/2500
0AL Rush - Legend English
Tuesday 20/11/2012, 23:22

TheDoomBug says exactly what I thougt when I did these cards. Actually this bonus is less powerful than SoA, because there will be many situations when it doesn't be effective. It just make weaker all star ( is it really so bad ? ). It avoids that there are deck build with one dangerous card and many -X opp damages, in the other side, it doesn't do anything against Ulu Bangers etc...

( Sorry for my english, it's so hard to explain strategic things )
1882/2500
antolosi - Legend English
Wednesday 21/11/2012, 00:59

Yummyfish
3*
P=8
D=3
Ability : Confidence : Power And Damage +2
Bonus : Hellbent : Damage +1

Vonreagan
4*
P=8
D=4
Ability : Support : Power +1

JavaCat
5*
P=8
D=5
Ability : +1 Power Opp, Pillz Max, 6

Hellbent : According to the Power gap increased(you : P=10,opp : P=8,so +2 Dmg......Whether Max?)
Ability = Each to use pillz to +1 Power,Max X
1883/2500
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Wednesday 21/11/2012, 02:11

@AL Rush:

One of the tactical elements of UR is that your cards can modify attributes of the opponent's card. There are 4 attributes: Power, Damage, Ability, and Bonus.

With your cards, Power and Damage are always protected, as long as Bonus is...
And for 85% of cards, destroying bonus won't make them weaker (Imagine one of your cards fighting Pan from Nightmare or Ector from Piranas... Their SoB bonus is useless! SoB will only matter for a few cards, like Artus, Edwin, Tula, etc.)

The clan may look balanced at first, but it's ability to beat Pussycats, All Stars, go through DR, and ignore a wide variety of abilities and bonuses makes it overpowered. That's the unfortunate truth... The overall concept is very cool, though!
1884/2500
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Wednesday 21/11/2012, 06:10

What if he made the cards' stats more reliant on abilities? It would make them more vulnerable to SoA.

Alternative idea:
Confidence: Power and Damage Protection

This would make the first round more important and give the opponent a chance at preventing it from blocking their DRs and PRs. Unlike the Freaks, it wouldn't be so important that the first round is the matches focus, but it's still strong enough to motivate both players. It could also lead to interesting Revenge cards.

Examples:
Mowsekh
5* Hieraton
7/7
A- Revenge: Power and Damage Protection
B- Confidence: Power and Damage Protection

Daggin
2* Hieraton
6/2
A- +10 attack
B- Confidence: Power and Damage Protection
1885/2500
mahawirasd - Titan - Immortality English
Wednesday 21/11/2012, 06:21

+1 Ghelas, you summed it up quite succinctly

furthermore, i reckon the scripting it would require will make things unnecessarily complex...

perhaps revisiting somewhat 'simpler' clan bonuses such as "support: +1 pillz" would allow for more flexible card stat making...
if we rehash the discussion about that +2 pillz clan, my main objection was that a bonus of +2 pillz would mean that the cards would have to be given quite high base stats (7-8-9 power), whereas "support: +1 pillz" would allow more flexible stat making since we can balance the bonus potential with lower (5-6-7 power) base stats...
1886/2500
Wednesday 21/11/2012, 07:22

Addendum to my previous post:

By ability-reliant stats, I meant cards like Copper or SkrumxxT.

Although PaD destroys DRs and PRs, it doesn't provide any defense against Defeat: +Life or + Power cards. Additionally, SoB clans have other situations where their bonus is useless: Skeelz, mirror matches, and Rainbow decks. I think having another clan they'd be vulnerable to wouldn't be too bad.

The confidence I described has a few nice perks that I realized after posting. Against it, you would have to be more tactical of when and how you use your DRs. If you block one attack, you better be ready to fight on the next round. This makes one life gap card and three DR hands are less threatening. It also motivates the All Stars into being more aggressive against it (and vice-versa). It would be interesting to see how it could mesh with Frozn.

As for Support: +1 Pill, I do see positives to it (split hands are more balanced than a straight +2, low base power requires more effort to win, forcing choices between round-winning abilities or match-shaking ones), but it sounds like it would require steady care to insure the cards are weak enough to be balanced, but strong enough to see play. I am not overly confident the staff could create and maintain such a fickle beast. No offense, staff.
1887/2500
Six Nations - Hero - Open Casket English
Wednesday 21/11/2012, 08:57

Bruk Li
Fang Pi
7/7
+1 life per damage

overpowered to the extreme
1888/2500
mahawirasd - Titan - Immortality English
Wednesday 21/11/2012, 09:56

@TDB but but but... the Rescue?
what i mean is that such a clan would more or less force ppl to play mono or mono+Leader. Not that that's always a good thing, but imho it would be a good way to have more than one clan that's mono-oriented.

as for the POAD prot clan, i guess it's pretty doable. Nevertheless, they will need pretty good base stats or abilities to compensate for their bonus (or lack thereof). Kinda like the Skeelz, just that the Skeelz get "regular" abilities since they're pretty much unblockable most of the time. Even against most walls the Skeelz have pretty good average stats, so i reckon this clan would also need a similar setup.
furthermore, although your projections about its interactions vs All Stars and Frozn does seem interesting, i fear for T2 situations converging more and more into mindless 2HKO matchups (not that i have any love for T2, but yea, even more mindless 2HKO matchups)... or maybe that's a good thing? hahah
1889/2500
0AL Rush - Legend English
Wednesday 21/11/2012, 11:23

@ghelas

You said that the SoB of the Piranas is useless, that's right, but compare Ector and Pan with the 3* I made !

Malek ( who's -2 Opp Power, Min 3, I forgot the translation ),
5/6 vs 5/6

Maat
7/5 vs 7/6

Aaton
7/6 vs 7/6

Nour
8/5 vs 7/6

If you sait they're weak because the SoB is not useful, it's not true. OK I the cards I did are a little peek strong but it's really not because of the bonus. It's the same kind of bonus that Skeelz, skeel are quite strong againt Piranas Nightmare GHEIST and Roots but weak against the other clans. And the Hieraton are more strong in front of All Stars Pussycats, but weak in front of Ulu Watu Bangers Fang Pi Clang La Junta Frozn. There also weak againts attack changers ( Sentinel Rescue, etc... ) but take the avantage if the ability is -X opp damage or power.

Just compare and you'll see.
1890/2500
Wednesday 21/11/2012, 21:22

Bonus ideas:
Defeat: +2 Life = Similar to Pussycats, but exchange defense against raw damage KOs for defense against life drain
Defeat: -2 Opp Life, Min 2 = Another defeat clan, but helps drop your opponent into KO range. Also counteracts Jungo's bonus. Possibly malfunctioning robots that are dangerous to touch.
Pyrrhic: -2 Pill/Life, Min 4 = Winner of the round loses pillz/life. Functions like a combination of backlash and defeat.
Wager: +2 Pill/Life = Winner of the round gains pillz/life. Opposite of above.
Power/Damage = Opp Power/Damage = Would they even dare?

Ability ideas
Pyrrhic and Wager as listed above.
Power/Damage +1 per Opp Star
+X Attack per Opp Star
Copy: Opp Stats (Simplified way of saying "Power and Damge = Opp Power and Damage"

« Previous12...186187188189190191...249250Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals