DT Guide

DT Guide
Friday 30/09/2011, 04:07
Mr Intelijent - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
110 messages
DT Guide
Mr Intelijent - Guru - D-VersifiedEnglish - Friday 30/09/2011, 04:07

This is the long anticipated DT Guide. I have won DTs in both formats so should know what I am talking about.
These rules apply for both formats.

1.In DT there are two types of decks that generally see great results. The high damaging deck and the low star deck. A High damage deck is one where you will get at least two 6 damaging cards half the time or more. A low star deck in Type 1 Is a deck with less than 23 stars while in Type 2 it is usually a 9 – 10 card deck which is under 27 stars.

2.Normally I say to include these cards but not this time, Damage Reducers, Heal Cards and + Life cards will slow you down. Try not to include them in your deck and if you must then make it 1 Max.

3.Rule 2 being said, Jungo, Pussycats and Sakrohm will generally slow you down and dramatically lower your chances in any format. Recommended you do not use these clans even in half deck.

4.Try and go mono (1 Clan) as this will make your deck stronger. Sometimes the difference between winning and losing is drawing a 3/1 split and not getting the bonus you wanted or needed. La Junta and Montana are good examples for this. That rule only applies for the Low star deck. If you are going for the High Damage deck then using two clans will be the best way. A good example of this would be Bangers with All Stars or Uppers.
« Previous12345678910...1011Next »

11/110
Mr Intelijent - Guru - D-Versified English
Saturday 01/10/2011, 00:56

Lamar Cr
Rolph
Gil
General Cr
Eklore
Morphun
Kolos
Yayoi
Marco Cr
Ratanah
Guru Cr
Copper
Tanaereva Cr
Zatman Striker
Sylth
Rowdy
Ambre
Eyrik
Lyse Teria Cr
Oshitsune
Alec Cr
Kiki Cr
Shakra
Sigma
Hawk
Wee Lee Shann
DJ Korr Cr
Emeth
Bridget
Hugo
Vickie Cr
Smokey Cr
Kerry
Lou
GraksmxxT
Uranus
Caelus Cr
Jackie Cr

All of those cards gives you a 2 point penalty, if a card is temporarily banned regardless of who banned them, you will not receive the penalty.
12/110
-sCapeg0d- - Legend - Limit Break English
Saturday 01/10/2011, 13:32

First off ... great guide

I do have a query though ... Is it better to play the DTs in T2 rather than in T1? I have tried my level best to win a DT in T1 but I do not find that possible if not impossible. Had gotten my highest score of 342 points playing in T1 but have never won any

Coming back to my question, the BPs you earn per match in T2 is significantly higher than what you get in T1, isn't it? The only problem I'd see would be facing a 20* OP hand and trying to get the most BPs out of the loss. Isn't this a bit biased considering the fact that both T1 and T2 players give the same amount of effort into every match?

Lol, the above paragraph seems pretty irrelevant to the topic but I wanted some feedback on that issue.

So, to sum it all up ... Is playing the DTs in T1 worth it?
13/110
benjamin9099 - Novice - Organized Konfusion English
Saturday 01/10/2011, 19:34

I got 19th in t1 today
14/110
Sunday 02/10/2011, 06:56

@ (0P) sCapeg0d

Thankyou for the positive feedback, and I have won 8 DT's in Type 1 and only 3 in Type 2. I find that in Type 1 you do not run into rediculously overpowered hands. I find it more risky, sure in Type 2 with a 26 star deck you will get lots of points if you beat a 30 star deck but when you have your 12 star hand against Amber and Ulu Watu you will be in trouble. 342 points is actually very good you should be proud man, that's more then enough to win now a days, most people have gotten away on 315 points and lower and ended up winning a DT. I find the best Type 1 deck is a 25 star Mono with mostly 3 stars and one high damager. I have gotten 400+ with these two decks:
Mono Montana
Avola
Mona
Oscar
Edd
Giafrancio
Sharon
Spiaghi
Edd

Mono Sentinel:
Copper
Coby
Melvin
Martha
John
Skinner
Tobie
Lehane

Now those two decks I find to be really good, they have Mono power and become very strong, they conserve pills and it is basically a 2 sided deck, most of the time it's a 3HKO deck which means 22-27 points and if you get the 5 star it becomes a 2HKO deck which gives you 16-20 points. It is great because you can change your style. for first half you go 3 round hits and get lots of points then when you have less time and people play faster you can 2HKO which will give you quick matches. This is especially good in the last 5 minutes because if you play 2HKO you can fit in another match which is possible extra 25 points.
15/110
Sunday 02/10/2011, 07:23

Wow forgot two very important rules.

10: If you are in a match with less then 2 minutes left, either win or lose as quickly as possible. Just go for a 2HKO, if you have a 6 damager with three 4 damagers then fury the 4 damager. With this you are garunteed a quick win or a quick lose. If you win then you get 20 points and another possible 20 + if you lose you get a 6 points and another possible 20+ compared to a 20+ with no extra 6 points. Go for the quick match in those last few minutes. If you enter a match with 1 minute to go and you know there is no way you will fit in another match, take your time and don't go for the 2HKO try and win as many rounds as possible with your lower starred cards so you get more points.

Rule 11: If possible save a pill. Saving a pill will give you a bonus 2 points and if you manage to do that in 10 games then you get 20 points extra, it adds up. I am not saying that if there is a possibility you can lose to save pills but if you say 5 Pilled Avola against a 6 Pilled Nyema and they had no damage reducers and you had a Oscar. You are garunteed victory so you can save pills. This only works for one pill tho, saving 5 won't give you 10 so use all your pills except one (ONLY IF VICTORY IS ASSURED)
16/110
-sCapeg0d- - Legend - Limit Break English
Sunday 02/10/2011, 18:11

Hmm... well, I guess it's time to dust off my DT plays which I had left ever since I convinced myself that winning a DT isn't destined for me

thanks for the compliment and for reviving my hope

ps: was too engrossed in reading your earlier posts to notice the absence of the last "Rule" in the guide, lol
17/110
fisheatdog - Imperator - Organized Konfusion English
Sunday 02/10/2011, 18:59

The pill saving is for ko's only, not just winning
18/110
Monday 03/10/2011, 08:33

@ fisheatdog

Thankyou that is correct. '•No more than 2 bonus points in total for the “KO with remaining Pillz” bonus and/or “Life points over 12” bonus.'
19/110
Chi-Young - Veteran English
Monday 03/10/2011, 09:38

Your mono Montana deck only has seven chars, edd is repeated.
20/110
Tuesday 04/10/2011, 09:52

Ugh made a lot of mistakes, should of proof read guys sorry, the Montana deck is:
Avola
Edd
Giafranco
Sharon
Mona
Oscar
Spiaghi
Prince Jr

« Previous12345678910...1011Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals