DT Guide

DT Guide
Friday 30/09/2011, 04:07
Mr Intelijent - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
110 messages
DT Guide
Mr Intelijent - Guru - D-VersifiedEnglish - Friday 30/09/2011, 04:07

This is the long anticipated DT Guide. I have won DTs in both formats so should know what I am talking about.
These rules apply for both formats.

1.In DT there are two types of decks that generally see great results. The high damaging deck and the low star deck. A High damage deck is one where you will get at least two 6 damaging cards half the time or more. A low star deck in Type 1 Is a deck with less than 23 stars while in Type 2 it is usually a 9 – 10 card deck which is under 27 stars.

2.Normally I say to include these cards but not this time, Damage Reducers, Heal Cards and + Life cards will slow you down. Try not to include them in your deck and if you must then make it 1 Max.

3.Rule 2 being said, Jungo, Pussycats and Sakrohm will generally slow you down and dramatically lower your chances in any format. Recommended you do not use these clans even in half deck.

4.Try and go mono (1 Clan) as this will make your deck stronger. Sometimes the difference between winning and losing is drawing a 3/1 split and not getting the bonus you wanted or needed. La Junta and Montana are good examples for this. That rule only applies for the Low star deck. If you are going for the High Damage deck then using two clans will be the best way. A good example of this would be Bangers with All Stars or Uppers.
« Previous12345678910...1011Next »

41/110
Mr Intelijent - Guru - D-Versified English
Thursday 24/11/2011, 11:05

@ scUMgabz I do believe Copper is worth it but only if you already have him or are willing to spend that much money. If you really don't feel like spending 30k for one card that you would only use in DT than don't bother Havok is a suitable replacement but if you want to use him for DT and Dm and Survivor I strongly recommend you get him. He has a penalty but he has amazing power and damage he is great for quick 2hko and opens 2hko opportunities with a massive 8 damage.

As for Jakson replacing Coby well I find that silly. DT is the format with the least ammount of Soa and DR and it is primarilly about 2HKO so ofcause I would use Coby. He can KO with Skinner and with him 3HKO are garunteed while if you use Coby you could do 11 damage with Tobbie/Melvin/John/Martha and Lehane and Coby can 2hko with every card furied in the deck except Lehane and that's a very good asset.
42/110
0MissLdNoelCr - Hero English
Thursday 24/11/2011, 11:23

Ok thanks. Sentinel is my main clan but i only play them on t2 tournaments, always toppled by rescues or Uppers though. very good guide.
43/110
weirdgus - Imperator - Knights Ressurection Română
Friday 25/11/2011, 13:54

Haven't had much time to play and test this, Mr Tntelijent but I did do like a 21st place finish yesterday. Thanks a lot for the tips, spamming enter at the end of the fight really saves up a lot of time, however there are so many poor losers out there who spent 50-60 seconds pilling their last card even though the outcome was already clear
But the other tips were awesome too, I mostly just pilled my 2 star pulls, and I'd either win and earn 22-25 pills or lose and get like 8-12 ( T1 Tournament Room with the Rescue deck you mentioned above, without the +life options so Lothar and Larry over Krash and Pam over Anita). Btw in most cases Lothar is such a wonderful card, never realized it :o
44/110
Friday 25/11/2011, 17:32

Pills = points as much as the DT winnings are concerned anyhow, thanks again for the guide/help , very informative !
45/110
Saturday 26/11/2011, 05:06

Congrats on getting 21st! With practice I am sure you will start getting top 10 places quite soon. Good to see that the guide works

And Lothar and Pam are actually very good cards when it comes to DT which suprised me at first as well.

If anyone else follows the guide or uses the decks listed feel free to post your results. Also if anyone has tips they wish to add then that would be appreciated as well.
46/110
Iaidoka_HoA - Guru - Harbingers of Ares English
Saturday 26/11/2011, 08:29

Very nice guide. i was playing DT T1 and i reached top 10 easily using low star mono Junkz. i just need some practice so i can win my first DT soon.
47/110
Saturday 26/11/2011, 11:45

@ Iaidoka_HoA

That's very good I loved to use Junkz back in the day but havn't really used them since they lost Gil and Rowdy so goodwork placing top 10 with them.
48/110
Saturday 26/11/2011, 14:57

Well I got a Sentinel deck in order to complete the missions (with a very limited clinz budget ) for the Ld and started playing it in DTs a lot and suprisingly I finished 30th and 17th in two T1 DTs. At some point though, before I swapped out Rebecca for John, my deck had 23 total stars and somehow I won 30 points in a fight where I pulled 4x 2 star cards! Anyhow, I'd love some input on my lineup, I saved it as a preset here : http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=2098550

I find the way DT scores points is very odd though, just by winning rounds with 2* cards and getting KOed in the end I think I actually scored 12 points a few times O.o
49/110
Sunday 27/11/2011, 05:38

http://www.urban-rivals.com/game/rules.php?show=table

The second table shows how much points you get using a certain star card against another one. Thats why I encouraged using a 2 star against a 5 star if you have no hope of winning. It racks up decent points.
50/110
0_Pwned - Titan - † OVER KILL † English
Sunday 27/11/2011, 06:14

« Previous12345678910...1011Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals