Assuming UR keep releasing one new clan per year, there's probably gonna be a new one this spring/summer. What do you think their new ability is gonna be? My top picks are:
1. Protection: Power and damage. There's been a lot of new Protection: cards lately and I believe this is to make cards like Uranus, GraksmxxT, Spyke, Robb Cr and Caelus Cr less overpowered. Having it as a bonus instead of an ability would also make it difficult for Toro and Rolph users.
2. Copy: Bonus. This is often a good alternative to SOB that doesn't get too overpowered. I highly doubt Copy: Ability will ever become a bonus (just imagine copying SkrumxxT).
3. -6 Opp. damage min 4 (or something similar). Yeah this is kinda unconventional but I think it's possible. You'd have to rely on poison, +life and -life abilities to beat this clan. Perhaps a way to popularize Freaks?
4. Heal 2 max 11. Pretty much an opposite to Freaks.
– I want to know what bonuses you think are LIKELY, and not which ones you wish for. –
Perhaps a "Nullify X" bonus? X would be something such as "attack", "damage", or "power", and the Nullify ability would read: "Any changes to [whichever stat is affected] during the round that [the card or, in this case, clan] is played have no effect. Leader abilities are unaffected."
I understand it's kind of an upgrade of "Protection: X" as it would stop + effects, too, but I look at it like this: Best case scenario, it's an All Stop vs. double modification of the same thing (plus an ability/bonus--rather strong, to be sure); worst case scenario, it has no effect at all, like an SoA against Lohvak, Tyd, etc. It would, however, prevent that clan or card from changing the statistic, so it doesn't seem to be broken IMO. Thoughts?
Hey for all we know, there may never be another clan. i mean we have a lot and more than enough choice
@_wise_: UR probably make A LOT of money at the release of a new clan. If something is profitable, they will keep doing it.
New Clan Theme:
Power ranges: 2 to 6
Damage ranges: 1 to 5
Support: -1 Opp Power Min 3
Just random speculation, I think it might be something fantasy-themed, with the heal bonus being the most likely. But yeah, just a complete guess.