[INFO] DT guide for beginners - 5 key strategies
Tuesday 07/02/2012, 02:31
TnT_MeRm - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
16 messages
[INFO] DT guide for beginners - 5 key strategies
TnT_MeRm - Moderator - TRiNiTYEnglish - Tuesday 07/02/2012, 02:31

What is the Daily Tournament (DT)?

 Despite its name, DT is actually a tournament that happens every alternate hour which last for an hour every day.

Daily schedule based on your time zone, GMT +13:
[12:00 - 13:00], [14:00 - 15:00], [16:00 - 17:00], [18:00 - 19:00], [20:00 - 21:00], [22:00 - 23:00]
[00:00 - 01:00], [02:00 - 03:00], [04:00 - 05:00], [06:00 - 07:00], [08:00 - 09:00], [10:00 - 11:00].

 To play, all you have to do is go to one of these rooms: Type 1, Type 2, or ELO – fight using a valid deck and score as many battle points as you can during the duration of the tournament.

The key to success: (Results may vary)

1. Golden Rule: Play Fast (Win fast / Lose fast) & Don’t quit

“DT is not about who got the most wins - It's about points accumulated per minute regardless of the outcome. Always think about saving time off your game. Eg: 3x 2 minutes with 10 points (lose) will be the same as 1x 6 minutes game with 30 points (win)”

2. Choose your deck wisely:

→ a. Low star count:
- (T1) Less than 25 stars deck
- (T2) 9 – 10 cards with 26 star count

“You earn more points if your characters defeat a higher level opponent”

→ b. Use high damage cards (Aim 2 hits K.O)

→ c. Limit your deck to 1 of the following OR avoid these cards completely:

- Damage reducers

“This will depend on the card – consider the card’s usefulness in your deck”

- (+) Life ability

“In DT, it’s about the cards not the clans... Don’t be afraid to use clans with + life bonus provided you have the 2 hits K.O tactics in mind... On the other hand, - life is always acceptable as an option”

- Permanent ELO banned cards

“For every permanent ELO banned card in your draw, 2 points will be removed from your battle points as a penalty”

3. Extra Battle Strategy:

→ a. Save Pillz for K.O (Adds + 2 to your battle pts at the end of your match)
→ b. Type 1 vs Type 2 (Different rooms but both can be used for DT equally – just pick whatever suits your style)

4. Don’t be afraid to experiment and find the deck that works best for you

5. Have fun

 Special thanks to my handy-dandy husband, W M Daexen, for providing good structure and clarity to this guide and to Mr Intelijent, for prompting each point using his own DT guide version 

Reference:
(Mr. Intelijent) http://www.urban-rivals.com/community/forum/?mode=viewsubject&forum_page=0&id_subject=1950131&subject_page=0

(UR) http://www.urban-rivals.com/game/rules.php?show=tournament

--------------------------------

Note: This thread is still under construction, if you have any suggestions or opinion about the topic please feel free to leave a comment. This will be finalized and locked once the UR updates about the game is done.

--------------------------------

Cheers,
Merm
« Previous12Next »

2/16
W M Daexen - Moderator - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 07/02/2012, 03:20

Golden Rule of DTs is by far the most important: Play fast.
Or as Man in Motion phrased it: Win fast. Lose faster

Everything else really hinges on that golden rule from strategy to deck construction.
No clan is unplayable, but some cards are probably best left out of DTs... DRs, heal, +life - think hard about using them as they tend to slow play down and a slow game is bad for everyone
3/16
MOB Dreamer - Titan - Masters of Battle English
Tuesday 07/02/2012, 05:41

A very nice guide but I''m not a begginer to DTs
4/16
TnT_MeRm - Moderator - TRiNiTY English
Tuesday 07/02/2012, 05:49

The amazing thing is, it's actually applicable even if you aren't a beginner.
5/16
(US)Kenshin - Imperator - Usual Suspects Русский
Tuesday 07/02/2012, 06:15

Yes, great guide especially "Golden Rule"
6/16
Atlas 0_o - Legend - Under Control English
Wednesday 07/03/2012, 02:26

Nice tips.
7/16
Shadowrumia - Hero English
Saturday 31/03/2012, 00:30

Sad thing is if I get a good lead and have the win secured people will let time either run out or run waaaaay down. there needs to be a way to punish these trolls
8/16
about4turtles - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 03/04/2012, 21:29

What changes with the new extended/standard. From what I read on the staff announcement it auto matches you with other decks that have about the same stars. Is this really being applied and is so how do i change the deck building processes as now low * decks don't get as many, if any, fights with reasonably higher stars
9/16
MarcheRadiuju - Senior English
Saturday 21/04/2012, 18:46

I thought it was only a split from 25* and above, where if your deck is under 26 stars you would only play others that are under 26 stars. But today I've been playing against an awful lot of 18* hands with my 25* deck...
10/16
Lafoote - Titan - Hip Hop Messiahz English
Monday 23/04/2012, 03:28

It does the best it can. In lower population tournaments you may find yourself paired up with regularity.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals