Best possible opener

Best possible opener
Saturday 16/06/2012, 13:35
Kroetz LoA - Senior English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
7 messages
Best possible opener
Kroetz LoA - Senior English - Saturday 16/06/2012, 13:35

I've got a little over 200 battles in, mostly victories (minus the 40+ solo bots.) I've come to find that if you start with 3 pills to open you'll generally win the match. here's why:

Doesn't really matter who goes first, just look at your opponents cards and play what's best for the start. Since I play the Fang Pi Clang, my openers are usually Kati, Sayura, or Yu Mei. Even Zinfrid is a nice fake for an opener.I've seen time and time again, people playing 1-2 pills or 5+ to start. 3 pills beats 1-2 pills obviously. The reason I say it beats 5+ is because the next following turns your opponent is gonna flip about how much they spent on 1 attack. The 2nd turn is pretty important. If you won the first round, then go with 3 pills again. if you lost, they'll more than likely go for the kill, or just attempt to hold back and fake you. Since they spent so much to attack you first round, you can directly counter them by spending just as much as they did. You'll win your round and even out on pills or they'll be completely out. With Fang Pi Clang, the match usually ends by the 2nd or 3rd round, rarely does it go into 4 rounds.
There's only 2 thing that screws and 3 pill opener, one is 4 pills. It's strange than 5 puts a player in such a bad spot, but 4 is just the right spot. A 1 to 3 pills spent difference is no problem, 3 to 5 is game changing. I tried doing 4 for awhile but if your opponent plays 1-2 pills you're just as screwed as playing 3 to 5.

2/7
Steelie_MOB - Titan - Masters of Battle English
Saturday 16/06/2012, 15:05

Try some other rooms then the fight club.
3/7
Saturday 16/06/2012, 15:11

The other one is abilities like Eggman. that might just be against my deck, but from what I've seen you can't let him win in any situation.
4/7
Saturday 16/06/2012, 16:58

Care to elaborate Steelie_MOB? I assume by your statement that the fight club isn't the place to be. I went in there once and haven't been back. I'm curious what your opinion is on what I said above and the fight club.
5/7
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 16/06/2012, 19:46

Some cards can win you the fight on the first turn so high pilling them works well. E.g posion and heal cards.
6/7
Mr Intelijent - Hero - D-Versified English
Sunday 17/06/2012, 02:44

I like to not use my biggest hitter in the first round because if you lose with that card winning is very difficult whereas if you lose with your 2nd or 3rd best card you still have a decent chance at winning. Saving big hitters to the end can be very good for two reasons.

1. They may have already used most of their pills making your big hitter have an easy win

2. It plays mind games. If someone had a hand of Ghumbo, Pan, Eadth and Artus and they pill Ghumbo then 2 things can happen, I win and beat him and he is practically defeated or I lose and if he pilled right then it is likely I will lose. If you save him till last 2 rounds then you have made the opponent think about this each round and when you will use him, he may panic and play differently.

The best option for an opener on your team would be either Kati or Sayura. WIth Kati you don't want to use any strong ability cards and with 2-5 pills you can take away their life or make them pill high. With Sayura even if they overpill you, you still stand a chance at winning, once again 2-5 pills would be recommended. In the later rounds you want to either bluff or go all out with Zinfred or Yu Mei.
7/7
wats_happenin - Legend - Casual Grind English
Sunday 17/06/2012, 04:25

Best opening move is 0-3 pillz, unless using Freaks/Greem/the like.
3 pillz max guarantee's that if they pill nothing, your not at a massive disadv.

The other thing I only just worked out is that this whole game is based on probabilities. The entire aim of the game is to get your probability of winning to increase above 50% each round. In my experience 0-3 pillz maximises this chance especially with solid attack manipulation

As for your deck Sayura is probs the best opener...with I think the only attack manip in Fang PI, she acts as an annoying pill wall with solid damage back up...the perfect bluff!!

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals