Price-based rarity from New Blood packs

Monday 18/06/2012, 02:55
misterjones - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
23 messages
misterjones - Titan - Limit BreakEnglish - Monday 18/06/2012, 02:55

Yes, we all know that newly released cards are designated common, uncommon, or rare (or Ld). But I have a feeling it's more complicated than that. I've heard too many stories lately of people getting less-expensive rares in bunches, while more expensive rares remain elusive. Example: the guy who bought 30 NB packs only to get 5 copies of the priced-less-than-1k Todd (and zero of Kalindra). In my own experience, I got several copies of Klawz (a rare priced at about 1k in the market) from NB packs, and zero copies of another rare in NB at the time, X-0DUS (priced at over 40k).

So, my question is this: are the odds of receiving a certain card in a pack adjusted by the card's average selling price in the market?

If there truly is an algorithm that adjusts the true chances of finding a card based on its market price... well, actually I'd be okay with that, if said algorithm was transparent. But if players are buying packs thinking they have an equal chance of getting any rare when they actually don't, that is a swindler's deception, and the developers of UR should be ashamed of themselves.

If you've had a similar experience (or the opposite!), I'd like to hear about it.
« Previous123Next »

21/23
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Tuesday 26/06/2012, 01:54

@battery

only if all three darts hit the same staff member... so far hasnt happened. it might one day
22/23
Memento Mori - Titan - Open Casket English
Tuesday 26/06/2012, 15:38

It may have happened, Stiko and Stico (staff member)
23/23
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 27/06/2012, 18:56

I want Fraggle and Euzebe in my deck.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals