Roots DR vs GHEIST DR
Thursday 21/06/2012, 07:40
Tansur - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
8 messages
Roots DR vs GHEIST DR
Tansur - Guru - The TrendEnglish - Thursday 21/06/2012, 07:40

Hey,

I'm new so I don't know much of the UR history, but now that Rootz got themselves a kickstart with a new card I'm noticing them a bit more and the fact that they have a lot of 7 attacks, as well as DR up the wazzoo.

I don't want this to come across as a complaint, I am just curious, but is it not a bit odd that GHEIST's only DR is regularly banned, while Rootz has more and arguably better DR that are not banned?

Actually, how do they get away with having a better all-stop that is also not banned, and seem to have an easier time with usable cards with 7 power?

Wait, and they have some nice -atk cards too, while GHEIST's are either useless (Vryer, Strynge) or permabanned (Arkn)?

Again, it's not a complaint. I just want some history, or maybe some insight into the game? It just seems confusing to me.

Thanks

2/8
wats_happenin - Titan - Casual Grind English
Thursday 21/06/2012, 08:56

IT's just their 'things'

GHEIST> Low power, High damage, Power manipulation, + damage

Roots> High power, low damage, attack manipulation, - damage + life

If one is in the other clan, it tends to be very strong (or very crap) since it balances out the overall clans weakness
eg: Arkn, Vryer, Lily
3/8
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Thursday 21/06/2012, 09:27

Yep there is a long history of the Roots and GHEIST rivalry

SOA was by far the strongest bonus at one point and these two clans dominated. Roots would overpower the opposition, often wining 3 rounds or 2 rounds then reducing the damage on the loosing rounds. GHEIST on the other hand could win many games simply by KO if they won 2 rounds out of 4, since their main cards tended to have more damage.

so pow advantage was Roots and dmg advantage was GHEIST.... since power is generally better than damage, Roots were generally seen as the stronger SOA clan.

GHEIST and Root took turns being the banned clans in ELO for a long time. ELO bans have happened for both clans to knock them down a bit, and other clans have gained cards that is not so vulnerable or is actually amazing against GHEIST/Roots.

Both clans are hard to balance... because of how good SOA is, one solid card for them could completely sway the balance in ELO.
4/8
Tansur - Guru - The Trend English
Thursday 21/06/2012, 17:25

Ok...it just seems like UR is going in a direction that might end up a bit op...I mean, it's hardto get stop ability in Pussycats for a reason right? Yet you can create essentially that with the right Roots. Or what I'm seeing now is a lot of high power and good attack manipulation, which is essentially a Montana/sarkhom/Sentinel/ etc with a full team of stop ability, and I assume there is a reason that those clans don't have enough high power and stop abil to make an entire team out of. It just seems off. I guess that's what the player ban system was designed for. Maybe with Roots taking some attention off some of GHEIST can come back off the shelf. Too bad for poor old Arkn though. Cute little guy...doesn't deserve a perma
5/8
WP_Ning - Hero - War Party English
Thursday 21/06/2012, 21:52

First of all, the main DR for Roots, Arno, is ELO banned, something which damages them in ELO innumerably. Second of all, even though many of the DRs are still there, Roots has 5 of the staple cards that would be used, banned, rendering them almost useless, as even if you can create a deck around the DRs, historically you were left without a strong 5* and overpowering 4*. Buck might signal a change in this, but for now you can still not create a competitive full deck of Roots in my opinion.

Whilst Roots may have attack manipulation, GHEIST have power manipulation, and with that higher damage. The two clans are actually quite balanced overall, although Roots are definitely the stronger, but both of them have an incredibly strong bonus that can be impossible to combat. Give Roots a go, they're very strong.
6/8
WP_Ning - Hero - War Party English
Friday 22/06/2012, 10:01

That should say Tuck not Buck btw Sorry!
7/8
Tansur - Guru - The Trend English
Saturday 23/06/2012, 03:19

I guess I get a bit confused when people say that GHEIST is a power manip clan, when all their power manip is banned.
8/8
wats_happenin - Titan - Casual Grind English
Sunday 24/06/2012, 02:50

We don't just mean - power
Draheera
Anibal
Platinum aren't banned
Rolph and Toro will thankfully never see the light of ELO again

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals