Battle Points and QuickBattle Update

Thursday 28/06/2012, 16:13
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
130 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Thursday 28/06/2012, 16:13

A new updated version of calculating Battle Points is now available. We have also modified the matchmaking (QuickBattle) system to provide you with a more enjoyable gaming experience and more evenly balanced contests. All the information concerning these changes can be found in our FAQs.
« Previous12...678910111213Next »

121/130
Bronn1 - Legend - Faceplant Chicks English
Tuesday 04/09/2012, 09:00

After some more experimenting, I'm finding that I'm having more success with playing Extended, which means that not enough people are playing Standard to justify the restrictions being put on getting games during Tourneys. That actually disappoints me, as I like alternate formats in CCGs I play, especially ones that in theory increase the access of new players to the game. But after 10+ games of no opponent followed by the same guy 4 times, I don't have a lot of options. There's still a flaw to the system that needs to be looked at, especially where Standard is concerned, but for now, I'll have to play Extended.
122/130
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Tuesday 04/09/2012, 09:07

@Bronn1
good to hear you are getting matches now. yes playing extended definitely increases the pool of players and decks you can get matches with.

i agree with you in thinking standard is the future of UR since it is easier for newbies to access. however, as it stands, standard still does not have its own niche that makes it a "must play" format.
123/130
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Tuesday 04/09/2012, 16:22

Sorry, just have to chime in on this.

Standard is like playing chess with half the pieces arbitrarily removed from the board, and an extra pair of rooks added. It's not easier for newbies, because the rules are altered *arbitrarily.* Cards like Caelus Cr, Spyke, etc. still give a huge advantage to older players, and newbies will still lose to them almost every time. I think Standard's striking unpopularity shows that in its current form, it's not the future of anything.

I completely agree that having a newbie friendly format would be a boon to UR, but Standard is just counter-intuitive in every way. Why not have a level 10-25 room for "ELO with training wheels," with some kind of tournaments separate from both DT and ELO, with lesser prizes to discourage exploit-happy players from rolling new accounts to participate? ELO is our most balanced mode of play. It protects new players from getting crushed by overpowered, too-expensive cards, by default. .. And, thanks to 14 life, these games are less likely to end in a coin flip situation where the game is determined by whether the player who won Round 1 will or won't attempt to KO.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.
124/130
Carnage_Time - Imperator - D-Versified English
Tuesday 04/09/2012, 22:44

Lol what is this changes?

I just faced the same player 5 times in a row in the same DT. I have a 25* deck, and after counting his *'s. He has 30*'s. So where is this evenly matched players? it's in extended by the way.
125/130
Tuesday 04/09/2012, 22:51

Also facing hands of Ambre and 3 5*'s is a little ridiculous when i'm using a 9 card 25* deck.
126/130
LB_Abnormal - Titan - Limit Break English
Wednesday 05/09/2012, 18:32

I'm going to agree with ghelas here, as I so often do on forums. I agree with everything he said, in particular the "arbitrariness" of the standard and "tier" formats. Why those stars? Why those tiers? Does the staff realize that almost every game I play with a normal 23-25 star deck, I end up facing those monstrosity decks with 2 five stars, a 3 star, and Ambre? does the staff not know how discouraging Ambre/Dregn/C Beast/ Sunder hands are to play against? do they not care?

These are the kinds of decks i specifically play low star counts to avoid -- and I'm forced to either:

A: try "tier 1" which has no matches
B: Play tier 2 and accept that I'm going to be matched against some scrub in about 1/5 matches, and instantly lose simply because my deck can't compete with Ambre + 5 stars.

The entire system is exactly as ghelas described it : arbitrary.
127/130
Thursday 06/09/2012, 02:11

Start giving penalties to people who troll with DR's too.

Just faced someone using 6 DRs

Graks/Uranus/Spiaghi/Vermyn/Clover/Ella In random combo's, i didn't see their last two cards. I faced this person 3 times in a row... Ruined DT right off the bat.
128/130
Artemis-BZ - Moderator - BrainZtorm English
Saturday 15/09/2012, 08:10

A bit late, but I agree with Carnage, it is soooooo off
129/130
Zroh - Senior - Harbingers of Ares English
Saturday 15/09/2012, 13:44

Maybe, a small penalty for DR?
OR just the max u can have is 2 is a deck ( not including Pussycats)
130/130
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 16/09/2012, 12:19

The problem is you can't give penaltys to Drs with out effecting good Drs and Pussycats (who are actually quite good in DTs).

« Previous12...678910111213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals