A dedicated ELO clan tier list

Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18
{) - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
215 messages
{) - Veteran English - Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18

*disclamer* just to start this of i am not some pro l33t player or anything like that and this just my opinion and it is subject to change.

tier 1-

GHEIST their bonus is just so damn stong and well their cards are much better than their counterpart the Roots imo, i dont think they are the best and they have their weakness "like SoB" and their mono decks arent as stong with the recent perma banns

Montana that attack reduction is just insane, they have so many good cards like Mona, Griezzo and Spiaghi probably the best clan, makes a nice mono or half deck

Skeelz so solid good in a half deck, mono and splash does pretty much every thing. nuff said

Piranas before i get started i have to say they are my main "well used to be" their bonus is really good, clans that need it like Rescue and GHEIST are just slaughtered most of their cards have huge power, pill manipulation is real strong Scrubb can just overpill and get away with it. Only down side half deck isnt so strong imo and their perma banns really make a difference.

Vortex their clan bonus is so forgiving and allows you to make huge plays and not geting punished for it, however the main problem is their bonus doent win fights. btw they are on the edge of being top of tier 2 but im nice like that.

ok so thats the end of tier 1 i just wanna say that thats not in any order and that if your favourite clan isnt there tier 2 is still very viable they just have down sides that tier 1 dont.
« Previous12...1516171819202122Next »

211/215
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Friday 11/01/2013, 11:17

Tyd and Taljion are the only 3* Piranas I would use. At 7 power and no true fighting ability, Ector has too much trouble winning fights. For him to score a hit requires you to risk wasting too many pills, and 6 damage isn't worth it. 6 damage wont win you the match; whiffing on Ector with Piranas will likely cost you the match. If you have Ector, I would upgrade him to one of the 4* such as Scubb, Sheryl, Coleridge, Raeth or Sting, all of whom I'd rather use than Ector. Sheryl's pill manipulation, Coleridge's extra 1 power, and Raeth and Sting's ability to win fights over Ector are all worth the extra *.

With Coleridge: Against ability SOA, the trick is to use Coleridge to force out your opponents' SOA character immediately. SOA is least devastating against Piranas if you can get your opponent to use it on the 1st round.

With Sheryl: This depends on how many other pill manipulators in your preset. I think 3 total is the correct number, 4 is too many. Dalhia, Scubb and Hawkins are all better pill manipulation characters, but for instance it is easy to make mistakes with Hawkins so you could have Sheryl instead of Hawkins for instance, or if you are using a different 5* like Lizbeth or Ahkab.
212/215
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Friday 11/01/2013, 11:32

Fair point Kitsune, I guess.

Ector does have more trouble winning his round than his 3* counterparts. However in reality, it's only really a 1 pill difference. I'm not underestimating the difference that 1 pill can make to a match, but Ector offers 2 extra gap potential than his counterparts, as well as DR resistance. He's obviously also vulnerable to ability SOA (or GHEIST/Roots if in half without his bonus).

Going back to the 1 pill difference say between Ector and Tyd, Ector can be the difference between needing to win two rounds or three. Food for thought.

I take it you also don't like Pan.
213/215
Friday 11/01/2013, 11:43

Some bullet points on All-Stars:

The most common power for ELO characters is 7. A 7 power All-Star gets a 7-5 power advantage which is huge and often insurmountable even with a pill advantage. Thus any All-Star can be improvised into a servicable wall. This allows All-Stars to play defensive (i.e. win over your opponents' hardest hitters). However it means characters with natural 8 power are very useful against All-Stars.

Resistant to SOA. Very few SOA characters have 8 natural power. Therefore Marina, Saki and Jessie are all natural trumps to SOA characters.

Two top 20 3* characters. Saki is a topend 3* character, likely the best 3* character in ELO now that Olga has been banned. Randy has that freakish 6 damage. His ability is best against high natural power, yet the AS bonus gets even stronger against low natural power. He will generally at least go pill for pill against other 3* characters and hit harder. SOA is a weakness but his whole clan is generally strong against SOA. AS has 2 3* characters that can be used to answer 5* characters.

A topend 2*. Jessie with virtual 9/4 stats is likely the most well rounded 2* in ELO. As an additional bonus, she is a good answer against DR.

Two -3 min. 1 DRs. There are few DR abilities better than -3 min. 1.

Better than average damage due to Jessie, Randy and Quinn, roughly on par with Uppers.

Saki answers SOB, and it's easy enough to splash SOA as well. Also, SOB is common on 2*s but rare on 4* and 5*s.
214/215
Friday 11/01/2013, 11:59

@JO3SHMO Yeah I don't like Pan so much but at least he doesn't have a min. Any Piranas that doesn't have pill manipulation should be able to function as an anchor (the character you play last). Ector's min. means that once in a while you are screwed if you need to Fury with him, whereas Pan can always Fury to 8. Nightmare can also be built to resist DR, while it makes less a difference that Ector is DR resistant; you'd rather beat Ector and DR Tyd or Raeth instead anyway. Finally Nightmare has better poisoners so life gain is actually useful for them. Nightmare doesn't have the good options at 3* that Piranas have; Edwin is a good power reducer but Nightmare is loaded with power reducers and they die to SOA and protection. Cutey has the problem of being 6 power.

@fotaoku: Sakrohm has amazing characters but they are all permanently banned. I don't know why Sak keeps on getting characters that are strictly inferior to what Junkz, Uppers, Montana or Sentinels get; maybe so they don't get even more OP in extended. Sak's ELO 5* characters are terrible compared to Junkz and Sentinels.
215/215
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Friday 11/01/2013, 12:02

@Kitsune:
You're still overlooking a few strategic points. Ector is one of the highest gaping characters in Piranas. What's more, unlike almost all of Piranas, he goes through DR -- this is essential in a low damage clan. Having him in your hand allows you to harass your opponent with cards that it's not desirable for them to fight: Taljion, Puff, the unpredictable Hawkins, attack manipulators from another clan, etc. Depending on how your opponent reacts to those cards you are likely to gain a low-cost life advantage or a pill advantage. That pill advantage, in turn, helps Ector secure an easy hit.

Look at it this way: Opening with 1-pilled Taljion when Ector is in your hand essentially transfers Taljion's round-winning advantage to Ector (unless your opponent lets Taljion through, which is even better!)

« Previous12...1516171819202122Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals