offline wats_happenin Colossus Casual Grind
Thursday 15/11/2012, 05:36

Hi guys, so as you may have read...I hate the current ELO....alot. So I've decided to issue a challenge to those of you daring enough to be a man (or very strong woman) and step outside of your comfort zone.

My challenge is simple

Play in ELO with:
- No standard cards at all
- No cards that are considered definite staples

For instance my current deck is Montana/Fang pi

Filomena/Sharon/Rosa/Murphy
Ryuichi/Nakata/Rei/Chan

Now obviously 'definite staple' is very ambiguous...but I'll define it to 'no card that ever appears on the temp ban list'

Take All Stars for example
Randy/Robb Cr/Saki are definite staples...Karen and Kang are not

Challenge Issued

Wats_happenin

Cancel

offline ghelas Titan E X C A L I B U R
Thursday 22/11/2012, 16:58

This is pretty much my least favorite part about competitive gaming. People forget to put things in the context of a game.

So you're pretty good at Urban Rivals, Squirtroll? Well, I'm sure that it has made you filthy rich, and that women are just THROWING themselves at you. I'm sure that you have a perfect physique, drive an expensive sports car... It is in fact a certainty that your UR 1500s have elevated you far, far above the rest of mankind! Well done, jolly good show! I can't wait to tell my children about the time you came into this thread and talked to us lowly non-people...

Cancel

offline W M Daexen Colossus Wise Men Distracted
Thursday 22/11/2012, 17:08

Ok - trolling on this thread stops now

Cancel

offline DUC-j00p Imperator  
Thursday 22/11/2012, 18:58

Ghelas +1

Cancel

offline xc is bad lul Imperator E X C A L I B U R
Thursday 22/11/2012, 21:54

Ghelas, find one part in this thread where i claimed to be good at urban rivals, read carefully sweetie

Cancel

Thursday 22/11/2012, 22:34

@Squirtroll: I don't think you should question my reading comprehension skills. Here is a more pertinent quote: "ok - trolling in this thread stops now." I believe that was said by one of our mods? As you have not seen fit to stop making derisive comments in this thread, I assume the mods will take some kind of corrective action. I, for one, would like to get back to the topic at hand.

Cancel

offline MobiusWyrm Legend Iron Lords
Thursday 22/11/2012, 23:20

@ghelas when I read the challenge, I missed the part of "No Standard". I will have to rethink my deck, as I already screwed it up this week, having played some ELO. Though right now I am on hold working on the event.

Cancel

Friday 23/11/2012, 00:29

@MobiusWyrm: No worries. I wasn't trying to be critical, just pointing out that it didn't quite fit the theme. smiley I've been focused on the event, myself -- I only managed to play a little Sunday/Monday ELO, and hit around 1100. Although I ran into a few strong players/decks and had trouble at first, the wins were coming much easier at that point, and I left off with a small series of consecutive wins.

Cancel

offline 0_4DPaladin Veteran  
Friday 23/11/2012, 00:35

I made a post trying to defuse the situation, guess the mods want a fight smiley

Cancel

offline subclavianHoA Imperator Harbingers of Ares
Friday 23/11/2012, 02:10

*sigh*....smiley

13:52 Elo you lost by default against LW-zoreil, Legendary Warriors (6-14): 1162 ELO
13:50 Elo you lost by default against aronova, Vicious Salvo (10-12): 1173 ELO
13:47 Elo you lost by default against SpT_ZaGaZaGa, Spaghetti Tricolore (7-6): 1183 ELO
13:44 Elo you lost by default against Atreides XIII, FLiCKERS (6-7): 1195 ELO
13:40 Elo you lost against JACUX Miho (7-15): 1203 ELO
12:08 Elo you almost won against silveralen (2-3): 1217 ELO
09:41 Elo you won by forfeit against 0 Xavi, Wise Men Distracted (13-14): 1233 ELO

One thing I learned in this challenge: it's really, really hard to beat Lizbeth with Don smiley

Cancel

Friday 23/11/2012, 03:57

@Subclavian: 1233 with these rules is pretty respectable, especially if you've been focusing on winning Romanas.

Cancel

Answer to this subject