Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Collector auction. What do you think of it ?

Friday 07/12/2012, 14:18
Dr.Ido - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
113 messages
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Monday 10/12/2012, 15:49

We have a simple idea that we hope you'll like. Before moving forward on it, we'd like to know what you think.

Nowadays, we give away Collectors through the DT and the ELO tournament. We'd like to put 5 collector on the auction everyday, with a price starting at 1 clintz and no reserve price.

This way, the price of the Cr (especially of the top 5) would be set by the buyers instead of the sellers.
The number of Collector released in the economy would still be modest (half of what we release through the DT), so the impact on the economy would probably be modest at first.

Hopefully, after a few weeks (months ?) that the prices of the most expensive Cr would start to self regulate and reach more reasonable levels.

So that's the idea. Tell us what you think, either by posting in the board and/or by answering the survey here : http://www.urban-rivals.com/to/auctioncr/

edited by Goralion Monday 10/12/2012, 15:49
« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

11/113
LB_Abnormal - Titan - Limit Break English
Friday 07/12/2012, 16:35

Absolutely no. This is a terrible idea, just as the idea of buying them with Credits was. Here's why...

How many people honestly have 15m clintz sitting around? I can't think of many. There certainly aren't enough people with that many clintz hanging around to buy one EVERY DAY. This is GUARANTEED to cause the big CRs to decrease in value, simply because THERE ISNT ENOUGH HARD CASH TO BUY THAT MANY. What you're doing is devaluing your crs. I can't believe you don't see this, this is basic economics.

LEAVE CRS ALONE. THEYRE FINE THE WAY THEY ARE.
12/113
Cyber - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Friday 07/12/2012, 17:00

Strongly not in favour.

"This way, the price of the Cr (especially of the top 5) would be set by the buyers instead of the sellers."
The current system does that. I don't see why this is needed. After the introduction of DT Cr rewards, the prices of many collectors are stalling now. The effect can be seen today.

"Hopefully, after a few weeks (months ?) that the prices of the most expensive Cr would start to self regulate and reach more reasonable levels."
What makes the staff thinks it is not at reasonable levels? Most of the mode gives a penalty to highly prized collector and even banned it. It doesn't really matter much if someone owns it because he might never get to use it in most formats. In Survivor Extended for example, Jackie Cr is a much cheaper option and way better than most other collectors available.

My question to the admins are...
1) How and why is this going to benefit UR?
2) What is the aim for doing this?
13/113
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint Staff English
Friday 07/12/2012, 17:39

Post 9 : No we don't want the top 5 to hit rock bottom and I we'd never release this much characters. With 5 auctions per day, there would be something like 5 to 10 Top 5 per week, so two of the same per week at most, that 50 per year. That not enough to destroy the value of the Cr, but we hope it would be enough to bring it to more reasonable level
14/113
Friday 07/12/2012, 18:12

That's MORE than enough to destroy the value of the card. What you have now is a value set by something - It's rarity. Remove that and you remove the point.

(by the way, i use caps to accentuate important points)

Players don't NEED these cards. Theyre collectors. For collecting. Like partyhats in runescape, king rammus skins in League of legends, theyre a STATUS SYMBOL. They're nearing the point where their value becomes nigh on intangible.

Now, I don't own one, so this argument, if anything, is ANTI self-serving. But if you do this -- you will break your game. Guaranteed. Most of your players play for that shot, that chance, at getting one of the big 5, and those other huge collectors. THe price is already set by the buyers and sellers. The fact that it is high is a good thing -- it means your game is HEALTHY. If you do this, There simply WON'T be enough clintz to go around for their FAIR MARKET VALUE (which is what it is now.) This will cause them to deflate, which will cause disillusionment, and the destruction of an end-goal for most - to achieve these collectors. This will cause mass exodus, an influx of people who quit, and the destruction of your game. Seen it done before.

If you don't like the price of the CR, that's, well, too bad. It's a free market economy, and you created CRs with the idea that they'd become collectors items. Their price reflects this. You can't suddenly undo that. That would be lying to every person who actually achieved them fairly.
15/113
Scorpy.n - Senior - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 07/12/2012, 18:23

This is simple . This change will make the game more played by starters and new players. The old school ll totally hate thi change and i think that bigger owners ll give up playing just because they ll lose tones of clintz
I dont have any of the big 5 and still i dont like this idea . This ll make the game eaier and i dont like easy things .
If something is easy many peaople ll do it for short time and then lose interest , if its hard not so much people ll do it but for a lot much longer time
16/113
Friday 07/12/2012, 18:35

Also, since there just aren't enough clintz to cover these prices, this will likely cause people to dump their collections, to try and get the most clintz on a high cr bid. This will cause all the other cards (non crs, low crs, investments) to spiral down and deflate as well. I honestly don't get how you guys don't see just how destructive this idea is.
17/113
KR8NUX - Veteran English
Friday 07/12/2012, 18:36

Nopes, this wont work.

Incase you havent noticed, people hoard CRs... This will enable the richer players to buy more, but not circulate more back into the market.

And, have u seen your normal card auction system ? That is purely a con game... people sell the cards at almost the same value as the market price... or, if they want to con people. sell lower level cards which have a higher quoted price than the max level card.. and people who arent aware of that fall for it and lose money that way..

I tell you, with an example. You put up a Caelus Cr for auction now (currently at around 190k), its price will be driven up to atleast 188k, and then someone will win the auction. and what then ? That person will most probably NOT SELL HIM FOR 2 K LOWER.. he will put it up for a profit, at a later date, when caelus goes to say, 220 k...
This isnt helping, its almost the same as playing the market normally, in which u keep refreshing the market "by date" so as to get a card which has a low price, or a mistype in price by its seller.
18/113
Infiniti - Guru English
Friday 07/12/2012, 18:55

Love to see this feature
19/113
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 07/12/2012, 19:00

Absoultely not...if anything,do something about those thousands of copies of chiara or Terry Cr on the market,that's a problem that needs to be fixed.
20/113
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Friday 07/12/2012, 19:11

The only way to make collectors more accessible, ultimately, is to increase their availability in a non-trivial way. For every player who likes this, there will be another who hates that their valuable card suffered a huge decrease in value. It is not really "fair" to want to regulate Cr prices.

I think we have to acknowledge that having a complete collection is an arbitrary goal, and not important to a player's success in the game. It is as "reasonable" to want to own 1 of every card as it is to want to own 25 of each card, or 14,000 copies of each card in your favorite clan, etc. UR should not be responsible for helping people meet such goals.

If the goal is to allow newer players to compete with players that have Crs, that is an excellent goal -- but IMO it would be better to achieve that through the introduction of strong new cards, and not through devaluing old Crs.

« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals