Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Collector auction. What do you think of it ?

Friday 07/12/2012, 14:18
Dr.Ido - Divinity English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
113 messages
Dr.Ido - Divinity - Clint StaffEnglish - Monday 10/12/2012, 15:49

We have a simple idea that we hope you'll like. Before moving forward on it, we'd like to know what you think.

Nowadays, we give away Collectors through the DT and the ELO tournament. We'd like to put 5 collector on the auction everyday, with a price starting at 1 clintz and no reserve price.

This way, the price of the Cr (especially of the top 5) would be set by the buyers instead of the sellers.
The number of Collector released in the economy would still be modest (half of what we release through the DT), so the impact on the economy would probably be modest at first.

Hopefully, after a few weeks (months ?) that the prices of the most expensive Cr would start to self regulate and reach more reasonable levels.

So that's the idea. Tell us what you think, either by posting in the board and/or by answering the survey here : http://www.urban-rivals.com/to/auctioncr/

edited by Goralion Monday 10/12/2012, 15:49
« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

61/113
Ekvi - Senior - Harbingers of Ares English
Sunday 09/12/2012, 15:06

Im sorry for following this un-professionally Mr Intellihent, but you stated that Paladin should get no special treatment yet after you said that the problem with new players is they want everything BLABLABLAH, I don't care if he's been playing for 1.5 years WHY IN THE WORLD should you get special treatment? His voice counts as much as any, NO? He is a level 70+ i thin after less than 2 years. He obviously knows about the game and think accordingly. He is in no and i mean NO way less valued than you are. Your judgment seems quite biased towards him to considering the "senior" title that makes oh so much difference in somones skill, and the amount of time they have been playing a game. I value your input as much as all else's but you handled that biased and frankly extremely stupidly.
62/113
0_Pwned - Titan - † OVER KILL † English
Sunday 09/12/2012, 17:37

This is bad
63/113
Mat_Man - Legend - The Club Deutsch
Sunday 09/12/2012, 18:07

0_AAR - Legend - TrAitorzZz English
Yesterday at 12:11

The worst idea I have ever seen.

some people have been working day and night to get those big 5s, and you guys want to make this all worthless ? ofcourse this'd be likely to say if I were one of them, but I am not, I don't have any big 5 characters..... and my goal is to get one or more of them, this is absolutely no fun if it is too easy. my goal would be destroyed !

if you do this staff, you ruin the game.

you hear all those new players say, do it, but they have no idea what they are saying.....

I agree to 100% ... !!
64/113
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Sunday 09/12/2012, 18:33

There's a lot of chicken little going on in this thread. A lot of people seem to think that these auctions will give away Big 5 to new players. They won't. What new player has several million clintz to bid on a DJ Korr Cr? Or even Marlysa Cr? Only rich players (in-game or real life) will be able to casually bid that much. The Crs won't be made worthless, they'll just lose a little value. And if Abnormal is right, all the other cards will too. Which means clintz become more valuable, which is good as it's reversing inflation.
65/113
0_4DPaladin - Veteran English
Sunday 09/12/2012, 18:35

I love how Mr. Intellijent just can't comprehend what I'm saying lol. Your acting like I'm suggesting that new players should be given a General Cr for signing up for the game... Not even close. I'm saying inflation for these cards are far too high, driving them waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of range for even people with millions of clintz.

I just can't get over how older players have some kind of new-player phobia. I understand that we all are beginners at one point, but think back to when you started playing: Prices were a lot cheaper. When I started, Elya Cr was 300k, Marlysa was 900k... Now thier both practically double that. Card costs rise, but we still only get 5-9 clintz a game. And if that wasn't bad enough, theres no clintz sink, in other words nothing stoping inflation (Effectively). You can argue all you want, I'm sure when DJ Korr is 50 mil more people will see my point.

Oh well.
66/113
K1NG_PWN4GzZz - Legend - TrAitorzZz English
Sunday 09/12/2012, 19:52

With AAR all the way, bad idea,

rich will get richer, manipulate more and haul all CR's to the zZz guild..
oh wait, that's not so bad xD

actually.. it would take out an entire collection of doubles and lotted Cr's and possible Cr's..
not to mention all the carefull planning which has been going on for 2 years now..

maybe some cr's, like Armanda and other bad cr's..
but no Big 5 should be auctioned... not ever..
you should really get into the UR experience and work real hard to get those..
67/113
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Sunday 09/12/2012, 20:06

Haha, I agree that there's a lot of chicken little going on in this thread, but I ultimately think the people in the "bad idea" camp are right.

It doesn't matter if Crs go down 90% of their price or just 5%. The fact of the matter is, some seasoned players have a lot of money invested in lots of Crs. We are taking a fundamental fact of UR economy (which is, over a long period of time, Crs increase in value) and making the opposite true.

There are two potential scenarios:
-Crs decrease in price somewhat, but not very dramatically. Maybe not even enough to notice. This won't enable new players to obtain Crs faster, it will ultimately mean that the same people who bought lots of Crs end up with them -- either by buying them straight off auction, or by offering a higher price to auction winners. Maybe one guild will be able to pool together money and buy one of the big 5 for an event or something, whereas previously, they were collectively 1m short. Yay?

-Crs decrease in price dramatically. People whose prided themselves in the total value of their collections, and felt like they made good investments, suddenly see the values of their collections plummet. New players can gain access to Crs after some non-trivial period of work, but the old, committed player-base, AKA The Guys Who Spend Money, are left feeling alienated. Maybe some of them start to drift away from the game, or stop organizing events, or running their guilds... Net loss to UR.
68/113
Cyber - Event team - E X C A L I B U R English
Monday 10/12/2012, 00:56

"I love how Mr. Intellijent just can't comprehend what I'm saying lol. Your acting like I'm suggesting that new players should be given a General Cr for signing up for the game... Not even close. I'm saying inflation for these cards are far too high, driving them waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of range for even people with millions of clintz.

I just can't get over how older players have some kind of new-player phobia. I understand that we all are beginners at one point, but think back to when you started playing: Prices were a lot cheaper. When I started, Elya Cr was 300k, Marlysa was 900k... Now thier both practically double that. Card costs rise, but we still only get 5-9 clintz a game. And if that wasn't bad enough, theres no clintz sink, in other words nothing stoping inflation (Effectively). You can argue all you want, I'm sure when DJ Korr is 50 mil more people will see my point.

Oh well."

What makes you think UR is not combating inflation? Firstly, they introduce DT collector rewards and more to events. There have been a flood of collectors ever since and most collectors are stalled or dropped in price when the investors want to cash out. Have you honestly played a UR sponsored event before? Winning tops in ELO? Getting top 20 at least consistently and regularly in DT? Judging by your previous posts, like "1-4m isn't difficult to get but 15 is off scale". If 1-4m isn't difficult, you just need to work 4x to 15x harder. There is no easy way out here.
69/113
Cyber - Event team - E X C A L I B U R English
Monday 10/12/2012, 01:01

Either you use skills, or you play the market successfully. This is not a good move for UR in the long run. If you think staff sponsored events are little, please think again. There are many out theres in the English community.

P.S: UR also sponsored other community events too. It is the hoarders who is keeping the price what it is now. That is why in the previous thread, UR wants to lure some of the hoarders to exchange their cards for credits. If the hoarders can't keep this up, the price will fall, and might crash if they decide to dump everything in the market. You wouldn't want to see Robb Cr going down to 10k, Jackie Cr down to 50k, Caelus down to 40k do you? Oh wait, maybe you would.
70/113
Ekvi - Senior - Harbingers of Ares English
Monday 10/12/2012, 01:48

Ghelas,
i obviously see your point which is true to the tip, but they're trying to limit inflation, in 4 years DJ Korr Cr came from being 3 Million Clintz To 15 MILLION, At least we can agree that, that is a bit absurd. Maybe we can agree it would be better to at least POSTPONE or decrease the speed in which the inflation is rising. You don't think it would be good to lower DJ Korr Cr by lets say a maximum of 3 Million, By the standards in less than a year the price would be over 15 million again. It would be great for higher priced cards.

On the side of cards like Caelus Cr i agree with the idea this is bad. They do not inflate at a high amount. SO i don't think theres a need for this, whilst the big 5 inflate stupidly high and is nearly impossible for people to reach.

« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals