Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Collector auction. What do you think of it ?

Friday 07/12/2012, 14:18
Dr.Ido - Divinity English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
113 messages
Dr.Ido - Divinity - Clint StaffEnglish - Monday 10/12/2012, 15:49

We have a simple idea that we hope you'll like. Before moving forward on it, we'd like to know what you think.

Nowadays, we give away Collectors through the DT and the ELO tournament. We'd like to put 5 collector on the auction everyday, with a price starting at 1 clintz and no reserve price.

This way, the price of the Cr (especially of the top 5) would be set by the buyers instead of the sellers.
The number of Collector released in the economy would still be modest (half of what we release through the DT), so the impact on the economy would probably be modest at first.

Hopefully, after a few weeks (months ?) that the prices of the most expensive Cr would start to self regulate and reach more reasonable levels.

So that's the idea. Tell us what you think, either by posting in the board and/or by answering the survey here : http://www.urban-rivals.com/to/auctioncr/

edited by Goralion Monday 10/12/2012, 15:49
« Previous12...56789101112Next »

81/113
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 10/12/2012, 15:06

Ah ok, as a way to remove clintz it is actually a good idea and really high level players being the only one to get it still keeps it as something to aim for as you have to make enuth clintz to be able to bid.

@-Infiniti-: They would have to make it so that you could still get the cheap cards in packs but if you get more then 100 of that card you have to sell it in ? days or it disapers.
82/113
hashburki - Imperator - REIGN OF THE SUPREMES English
Monday 10/12/2012, 15:15

I get the point that the Crs are a lot expensive and they should be toned down a bit so that they are more accessible. But why create an auction?
Crs should be given to those players who deserve it.
A player who buys credits then uses them in packs, sells the cards and with that money and buys a Cr in an auction does not deserve to get that Cr (at least in my opinion).
In my opinion players who deserve a Cr are players who play and win and work hard to get a respectable position in DT or ELO.

If you want to refine the prices of Cr, I propose 2 options:

1: Increase the amount of Crs given through lottery in DT and Elo
2: Introduce the distribution of Crs in Deathmatch mode through lottery.
83/113
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 10/12/2012, 15:17

"I want to say again here that our goal is NOT to make the big Cr (Top 5 and below) available to everyone. Of course they should remain trophies that mean something, but today, they are much too difficult to obtain and there are too many Clintz in the economy. "

The auction is to remove clintz from the game.
84/113
Saveroftime - Hero - TRiNiTY English
Monday 10/12/2012, 15:54

Agree with Dr.eldo knight Thousand percent %

85/113
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Monday 10/12/2012, 16:46

Just making you realize one vital thing:

Controlling to inflation leads to change in daily price but not in relative price. Because relative price does not change the distance from A to B (From being poor to being rich) does not change at all. This is because most important money sources - packs and market trading - of this game are all about relative price.

Just think a moment. Lets assume we have three cards that currently cost 1000, 20000 and 5000000 clintz. Lets assume we go to -25% deflation that changes the daily values to be 750, 15000 and 3750000 clintz... so, stuff got cheaper right? - Wrong. Your main source of money - packs and market profits - got also devalued by same amount! - You'd still need 5000 copies of cheapest card to get the most expensive one. The real problem and "reachability" has not changed a single bit - and the rich guys still can do exactly the same amount of marketplay they could before the "devaluement", now they do them just in smaller numerincal values. Unless you sit on big pile of clintz that deflation does not change anything, if you sit on pile of clintz you get richer.

This is the thing about "daily price" vs. relative value. You'd need to affect relative value to make big cards affordable to average Joe.

By removing clintz from the market you affect daily price but wont affect relative value a single bit.

See? You really need to understand this thing troughly, otherwise your solutions are and will be really... Don Quixotean.
86/113
0 Kerry - Titan - E X C A L I B U R
Monday 10/12/2012, 16:51

There are lots of ways to win a Big 5. Placing high in elo or tourney, winning events, playing the market right. If you're not good enough to do those then you're not good enough to own a big 5
87/113
Monday 10/12/2012, 17:14

I Still maintain that Increasing the amount of Crs given through lottery in DT and Elo and introducing the distribution of Crs in other modes is better than creating an auction.

That way they will not be available to everyone and the price would go down.

Basically both the methods do the same thing. They introduce more Crs into the UR game. And everyone knows if you increase the supply the price will go down.

But Please don't do it through an auction. That way players who buy more credits are more likely to get the Cr.
88/113
Agora(AL) - Titan English
Monday 10/12/2012, 17:26

0 Kerry well put ive been playing for like a month and i own like 10 crs its due to hard work
89/113
Monday 10/12/2012, 17:28

Why don't we give a Random Cr to the player who reaches a certain level (100,150,200)!!! Basically someone who reaches 100 IMO deserves a Cr!!!

UR should value players who are dedicated. I think this is a great idea. Does anyone else think the same?
90/113
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Monday 10/12/2012, 20:09

I still think guild-based money sinks are the best way to curb inflation. Instead of transferring clintz from one player to another, they would disappear from the game... And wealthy old-timers who have already achieved most of what this game has to offer would probably be more inclined to spend clintz on new "status symbol" type guild perks than anyone else. Which in turn means that when they want more clintz, they will be willing to sell their cards for a smaller price.

« Previous12...56789101112Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals