Urban Gameplay School #1 Bluff
Wednesday 26/12/2007, 16:42
Fraggle - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
84 messages
Urban Gameplay School #1 Bluff
Fraggle - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 26/12/2007, 16:42

Hello everyone,

What do you think of trying to describe some basic gameplay element to newcomers.
I'm thinking "bluff", "thinking in 2 or 3 rounds instead of 4", "the fury", "why using at least 1 pillz matter".. feel free to create some subjects if you think of others things.

So let's start with lesson #1: bluff

In theory, a bluff is trying to make your opponent believe you are gonna play the obvious way but instead you play offbeat.
In Urban Rivals, it can apply in thoses example situations:

Round 1, you start, you have Sheitane in your hand. Sheitane can be very dangerous if she win early in the game as she might be able to deal 9 "unstoppables" damages over the battle. So if you play her without any pillz, your opponent will have almost no choice but to defend himself, either using a stop power, or a few pillz. Meaning you get either one stop power to worry about or a nice pillz advantage for the next round

Any round, you have Kenny, his +3 life per damage is very very frightening. So same rules apply as for Sheitane (obviously, don't sacrifice Kenny if you NEED him to win ).

Any round, you have a +attack character, good for you! On a round where no one spend any pillz, you will most certainly get a win otherwise, a nice pillz advantage

Any round, you have a "blocker" character (someone with -damage), while you opponent will most certainly believe you are using him for his defensive ability, ATTACK (with few pillz)!
« Previous123456789Next »

11/84
Ink_MoB - Imperator - Legendary Knights English
Thursday 27/12/2007, 00:21

Best bluff cards?

if opponent has no damage reducer:

any high-damage Bangers
any high-damage Ulu Watu
any high-damage card for that matter (LOL)

if opponent has no Stop Opp Ability OR if opponent is from Rescue (I just had to put this):

Bristone from GHEIST (she pwned Alec and Marco a few times!)
Kenny from Nightmare (scares the hell out of opponents! sometimes they waste their damage reducer card thinking Kenny is on FURY)
Graks, Uranus from Sakrohm (damage reducers turned attackers)
Marina from All Stars (this one makes the Uppers scramble)
Flesh Pimp/Don from Montana (but they don't fall for it most of the time especially with Flesh Pimp)
12/84
Force Majeure - Moderator - Open Casket English
Thursday 27/12/2007, 01:23

@ Bozzy LoA..that is totally not true..if I have a big blocker..let's say..Uranus..I don't just block a first turn card with her..because I know most of my opponents expect me to use her as a defensive card..so I put out others instead with a few pillz to beat their card very unexpectedly..because most of the time..people are expected to put a few pillz on their cards when they see a big blocker..as I said..most of the time..so it doesn't happen always..and that kind of bluff you're talking about regarding damage reducers doesn't always work specially if you're up against an experienced player..
13/84
0- JP - Titan - † OVER KILL † English
Thursday 27/12/2007, 01:49

IMO, when bluffing, You should send your attacker with enough pills to beat your opponent's best card if it had no pills,
14/84
Blue Zero - Senior English
Friday 28/12/2007, 05:34

Just play one pill on a medium-to-lowly good card and shrug it off (see other guide as well). Sometimes the off-beat action is not clearly visible and counterintuitive. Especially poison can be something that really does not count for much and every player has to weigh the options it takes and creates for both players. (i still can't understand this phrase please explain a little bit clearer)
15/84
diedsoul - Master - Academy of Elite team English
Saturday 29/12/2007, 17:01

The thing is, the new players don't know bout bluff, most don't even read the forums so they continue on their way and don't care about anything. Its only when people get skilled, they start to fall for it...its true..lol.
16/84
LoA_Kabuto - Hero English
Saturday 05/01/2008, 20:26

Tht is true, and of course, it is always good to predict how ur opponent will play
17/84
Blue_Aqua - Senior English
Monday 07/01/2008, 15:05

Thats cool
18/84
onik - Hero English
Thursday 10/01/2008, 20:28

I think one of the best tactics is Mojo with flury because it will put a life diffrence 9
19/84
cheese_14 - Imperator English
Sunday 20/01/2008, 17:22

Yes, thast a good tactic, i enjoyed doing this, putting my Zatman out with zero pills and the opposition wasting a ton when they have 4 life points and just furying on my Samantha
20/84
Pricklykiller - Senior English
Tuesday 25/03/2008, 09:06

Agreed, but personally, I'm a low level with quite a basic deck (yet powerful) but I like to bluff with a simple card, but only when you have a really strong one somewhere else in your hand. e.g. Your opponent plays Zatman, you have a Don in your hand but also a Niki. You play the Niki with no pills, she's the perfect scapegoat! A card with opp. minus damage would be better but the principle is the same! Although I am just demonstrating a different kind of bluff, but it work better for me as I have no "intimidation" cards!

« Previous123456789Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals