Urban Gameplay School #1 Bluff
Wednesday 26/12/2007, 16:42
Fraggle - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
84 messages
Urban Gameplay School #1 Bluff
Fraggle - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 26/12/2007, 16:42

Hello everyone,

What do you think of trying to describe some basic gameplay element to newcomers.
I'm thinking "bluff", "thinking in 2 or 3 rounds instead of 4", "the fury", "why using at least 1 pillz matter".. feel free to create some subjects if you think of others things.

So let's start with lesson #1: bluff

In theory, a bluff is trying to make your opponent believe you are gonna play the obvious way but instead you play offbeat.
In Urban Rivals, it can apply in thoses example situations:

Round 1, you start, you have Sheitane in your hand. Sheitane can be very dangerous if she win early in the game as she might be able to deal 9 "unstoppables" damages over the battle. So if you play her without any pillz, your opponent will have almost no choice but to defend himself, either using a stop power, or a few pillz. Meaning you get either one stop power to worry about or a nice pillz advantage for the next round

Any round, you have Kenny, his +3 life per damage is very very frightening. So same rules apply as for Sheitane (obviously, don't sacrifice Kenny if you NEED him to win ).

Any round, you have a +attack character, good for you! On a round where no one spend any pillz, you will most certainly get a win otherwise, a nice pillz advantage

Any round, you have a "blocker" character (someone with -damage), while you opponent will most certainly believe you are using him for his defensive ability, ATTACK (with few pillz)!
« Previous123456789Next »

41/84
KazeShiniRyu - Hero English
Friday 05/12/2008, 19:38

I've 1 pilled both kenny and Kolos and then killed them with Glorg and a enraged amber, its amusing.

as for noticing bluffs, I usually just look at the cards and try to figure out statistics,
depending on what clan they use, how I have seen the card used,and what is in the field, ask yourself what YOU would do if the hand was reversed, you may gain insight into your opponent's strategy. Even if your wrong you can learn another use for the card

try to get life gain and poison in your deck, bluffing with the poison first turn can make them spend, then you gain it back next turn when they try to bluff you! if you land both, unless they have HEAVY damage dealers usually you can win pretty easily.

also look at the number of pillz they have, that will usually tell you when they'll bluff, unless they can finish you, if they have 5 pillz and you still have 10, they will usually try to bluff and save some to pump up their last one. (this can also work in the reverse, what creature they decide to pump up usually depends on the player's style)
42/84
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 08/12/2008, 14:31

Kolos is good if you use him with no pills your opponent will probally use most of theres
43/84
Ikonik_WCH - Imperator English
Sunday 04/01/2009, 04:40

I use a full Rescue deck a lot of the time, and i've found that pretty much any one of those cards can be used to bluff purely down to the Support: +3 Atk bonus (providing there's no SOB in opp deck), even more so if Hugo Leader card is used which adds an additional +6 attack (potential total of +15atk with no pills). So without the opposition having SOB they tend to use a few pills to counter the extra atk.

Although, one problem i have ran into with the bluffing.... is the clans (and odd cards) that have +pillz or -opp pillz abilities.. how the hell you gonna bluff up against those if they just re-add (or take from you) the pillz they just wasted xD More often than not, up against those decks i tend to find i end up with less pillz then my opponent, and i've not used any lol.
44/84
Ink_MoB - Titan - Legendary Knights English
Monday 05/01/2009, 08:30

The scariest bluff out there are the pillz manipulation bluffs.
I hate Gil, Dahlia, Smokey and Scubb. They melted my brains.

LOL.
45/84
1mannARMEE - Titan Deutsch
Thursday 29/01/2009, 22:10

The pill manipulators are nice for bluffing if no SOA is around or if you are Pirana you won't even care about GHEIST or Roots.

For lets say Dalhia 8/5 Ability -3 opp pills min. : 4 Bonus: Stopp opp. Bonus you can do things like this:

- 0 to 1 pill making your opponent spend lots of pills (or at least 3)
- 3 or more, because you expect them to pill the same amount to beat 3 pills, because these are the ones you would take from them
- depending on how low your opponent is on pills he might go under the minimum so the ability has no effect, just add that many pills

Combined with a nice dmg and a high power Dalhia can really melt your brain when it comes to bluffs

One thing is crucial and applies to any bluffs, if your opponent possesses the ideal card to counter your card, lets say SOA for your pill manipulation, you should use another card for bluffing or attack for real.

Good luck you bluffers !
46/84
0 Momo - Titan English
Monday 16/03/2009, 17:50

One of the key Tactics for playing Survivor!
47/84
)PsyTcHe- - Senior English
Monday 13/04/2009, 10:13

My deck is a 2 clan one, combination of the Pussycats and the Roots. for example i use Elly Mae. it's hard to think if i will use it as a bluff or as a powerful 8/6 attack card. somehow i discovered that my opponent also bluffed a card. from that i made a conclusion:

YOU MAY ALSO BLUFF IF YOU CAN'T BEAT YOUR OPPONENT'S CARD AND IF YOU KNOW YOU WON'T BE KNOCKED OUT. JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU CAN MAKE A WIN THAT CAN RECOVER YOUR LOSS IN THE OTHER ROUND.

and that's my technic.....
48/84
TagoNgTago - Imperator - Open Casket English
Friday 17/04/2009, 23:13

Pill manipulaors all have techniques!
For examples:* i gathered all these information by battling other people with these cards and i studied them carefully.. not to be scientific and stuff*
Scubb:uses 8 pillz
smokey: uses 3-6 pillz
Naginata- uses 4-6 pillz
dalhia: uses 6 pillz
Gil: n/a* havent gathered this data yet
Andsom: uses 3-4 pillz
Hawkins: much preferred as a bluff
Trey: much preferred as a bluff
Shann: n/a
as for bluff cards... not much of these are used as bluffs but if they were... they certainly are dangerous!
49/84
amuous2 - Hero - Xavier's Knights English
Saturday 18/04/2009, 06:56

Oftentimes I've seen people pill either 3 or 7on Dalhia. Gil generally seems to go as a bluff or with 2-3 pillz
50/84
Zombie x - Senior English
Sunday 19/04/2009, 22:24

I have found a tactict that works 75% of the time what i do is put a card with high damage up first and alot of people think it is bluff but really it has several pills on the end of it this helps take chunks out of the opp lifepoints.

« Previous123456789Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals