Urban Gameplay School #1 Bluff
Wednesday 26/12/2007, 16:42
Fraggle - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
84 messages
Urban Gameplay School #1 Bluff
Fraggle - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 26/12/2007, 16:42

Hello everyone,

What do you think of trying to describe some basic gameplay element to newcomers.
I'm thinking "bluff", "thinking in 2 or 3 rounds instead of 4", "the fury", "why using at least 1 pillz matter".. feel free to create some subjects if you think of others things.

So let's start with lesson #1: bluff

In theory, a bluff is trying to make your opponent believe you are gonna play the obvious way but instead you play offbeat.
In Urban Rivals, it can apply in thoses example situations:

Round 1, you start, you have Sheitane in your hand. Sheitane can be very dangerous if she win early in the game as she might be able to deal 9 "unstoppables" damages over the battle. So if you play her without any pillz, your opponent will have almost no choice but to defend himself, either using a stop power, or a few pillz. Meaning you get either one stop power to worry about or a nice pillz advantage for the next round

Any round, you have Kenny, his +3 life per damage is very very frightening. So same rules apply as for Sheitane (obviously, don't sacrifice Kenny if you NEED him to win ).

Any round, you have a +attack character, good for you! On a round where no one spend any pillz, you will most certainly get a win otherwise, a nice pillz advantage

Any round, you have a "blocker" character (someone with -damage), while you opponent will most certainly believe you are using him for his defensive ability, ATTACK (with few pillz)!
« Previous123456789Next »

51/84
riyu7 - Senior - The Flames Of Rebirth English
Friday 08/05/2009, 23:06

Its all about calling the bluff. since I tend to bluff usually (60% of the time) i think of what i would do and who the other person is. also their other cards. Because i use Montana i can usually win against a high-pilled char by only using a few and so not wasteing on their bluff. But here's a question, it was my Simon against his Amy. he had no Pillz. so i used 1... i lost. also. the same thing happened with my Giovanni and a Zdrone, he had no pills, i used 2. me= 5x3=15. him (i think)=5+8=13 -12(min =8. it SEEMED like i would win after the -12 took effect, but i lost. did the -12 not work because the original attack was less than 8? If so then that would mean +attack activates after the -attack, this seems unfair to Montanas and biased to Rescue and Sentinal. Both times it didn't look like a random win because my char was crushed as if they had more attack. i have lost more than a few games on this. to relate it to bluffs they had no pillz because i called theirs with Oscar and 2 pillz.help?
52/84
icecold854_OK - Hero - Organized Konfusion English
Thursday 14/05/2009, 02:25

I'm pretty sure the game's pretty in favor of Montana as it is...anyway, despite the fact that I love seeing Montana lose (sorry), that sounds pretty weird. You're sure there wasn't a Leader in the background screwing things up? I use a mono-Rescue, and I've never had anything that wasn't within explainable boundaries happen to me like that in random play. Keep in mind you could have been unlucky...if you don't crush the opponent (i.e. you'd see those cards pop up for Montana), then you're not guaranteed a win in random. I've seen some pretty weird things happen. That's why I play ELO .
53/84
zatlap - Senior English
Sunday 24/05/2009, 04:02

Be reluctant of bluffing with the best card in your hand. Maybe a round 1 bluff isnt the best idea.

Think about this:

If your hand is good enough to bluff in round 1 why not just put 6 to 8 pills on your best card as an opener?
Your opponent might have a couple of pills more then you but is in danger of losing now. this means that it is likely he will waste his pills on less then fantasic cards because they threaten his chance on a win.

At this point bluffing becomes interesting: playing a dmg reducer with pills and fury, playing a high dmg card without pills, nuking with your worst card. a lot of things are possible.

many cards (like Kolos, Sylth, Shann) are way more effective if used this way then when used in 1st round bluff.

why throw away your best card on a bluff? your second best will do fine after doing damage.
54/84
lisamariefan - Titan English
Sunday 24/05/2009, 14:25

I like the force pillz use part of bluffing.

A +attack team and Hugo = guaranteed needed pilling. XD

The key to winning, after all, is what, keeping your opponent guessing until it's too late?
55/84
Dark Truth - Veteran - Dark truth English
Monday 25/05/2009, 18:13

I just got 1 thing to say:

I LOVE KENNY!!!!!!! OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!!!!!!
56/84
wiiplayer35 - Imperator English
Monday 25/05/2009, 21:26

Kolos (R) 5* is the best bluff the game has in my oppinion because often times people will put out a lot of their pillz if you play him on the first round to prevent a potential 1HKO
57/84
1234567u - Senior English
Saturday 06/06/2009, 12:56

Whats buff
58/84
TnT_MeRm - Moderator - TRiNiTY English
Saturday 06/06/2009, 13:22

Bluff is a tactic wherein a player tries to "deceive" his/her opponents by playing his cards wisely, making it look like you are going to play the obvious preferred way to play your draw and actually playing the odd way around it.
59/84
Elitekill4 - Senior - Anime Lovers 101 Academy English
Tuesday 16/06/2009, 22:28

*agrees with 0UC_MeRMaiD.

I won a lot of matches with this one. Got an opponent to use all 12 pillz on me.
60/84
(UnB) Takeout - Master - Unbreakable English
Wednesday 17/06/2009, 02:19

I love using my Timber (6/6 at level 5) with no pillz, then loading my other guys with 4 pillz each, its not a complicated plan, but it works. Whenever I have Giovanni (5/6 at level 3) I load Timber with 6, do 6 damage, then I use another person, thinking im going to use 6 pillz again the oppenent loads their character with tons of pillz. Then next I pick Giovanni and load him with 6 pillz. And win.

« Previous123456789Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals