UR Gameplay school #2 Thinking in less that 4 rounds

Wednesday 26/12/2007, 16:45
Fraggle - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
49 messages
Fraggle - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 26/12/2007, 16:45

Even veterans players tends to always think a battle in 4 rounds.
If you can, try to see if you can get a win in 2 or 3 rounds (remember, you just need 5 damages and 7 damages to make 12 damages ), your opponent will most certainly be quite surprised
« Previous12345Next »

2/49
Force Majeure - Moderator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 26/12/2007, 17:13

*but..you should not play it very obviously..because when it's too obvious..i.e. you always use your better cards to finish off the job..your opponent might expect it..so he/she'll try to counter it..and it will mean your end, specially if you tried to use "fury"

*remember..not all people think the same way..people think and play differently..and the best way to play is to play it safe..unless you are sure of what you are doing, then go ahead..thinking to finish off a battle in less than four rounds is very unexpected and can get people off guard..so I say it's a nice tactic to play..
3/49
rooster6050 - Hero - Tea English
Wednesday 26/12/2007, 18:46

Two sixes do job nicely cos noone expects that and 6 is commonish Hikiyousan is good damage and has 10 power or if i use him sometimes 13 with Ambre which owns all
4/49
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Wednesday 26/12/2007, 20:55

Addition:
Sometimes veteran players think in 4 rounds if it is the only opton for them to win. Such situations ae not exactly rare. It then often boils down to experienced players plying defensively... which might still involve 9 pillz against a single card but just as well playing a 0 pillz stop opp ability against your Kinjo.
When thinking in less than 4 rounds, always figure in what your opponent has and what options he has to play. Has he a total damage potential of 4? Well... just hit him hard once. He will have a hard time to catch up (but do NOT deal 8 damage on round one using all your pillz. What will happen? Round 2: fury, round 3: fury; round 4: fury... you took 9 damage and lose).
In short: keep your eyes open on what your opponent might do. Contrary to this very limited foe, your opponent may as well decide to cur your 3-round-KO strategy by a KO in round 2. Also watch out for mean "traps" such as damage reducers in various form (via stopping ability/bonus or plain reduction)
5/49
Ink_MoB - Imperator - Legendary Knights English
Thursday 27/12/2007, 00:30

Experienced players tend to think that other experienced players won't use this strategy. They seem to label it as "noob" tactics. But indeed it is a formidable strategy and come tournament time, the players who finishes their matches faster usually ranks higher in the ladder. In fact, it helped me quite a lot (except for a few times when I'm too obvious hehe).

Marina, Striker, Zatman and Rubie are very nice 2nd-round "finishers", especially the first two.

Why?
They think Marina is a no-pillz damage reducer and Zatman as too high powered, let's-make-him-pass-through card. And they usually put their worst cards like Samantha with 1 pill or Flo with 1 pill to block these seemingly "un-dangerous" cards. XD
6/49
0- JP - Titan - † OVER KILL † English
Friday 28/12/2007, 15:29

My Rule of Thumb!
Make about 6 K.O. combinations in your deck without fury,
7/49
diedsoul - Master - Academy of Elite team English
Saturday 29/12/2007, 17:05

Zatman is very dangerous, its kinda like Nanook. You don't want them to go through even if they are only walls..lol. I had plenty of bad experiences, Uppers need to be nerfed..lol
8/49
Zinthar - Hero
Sunday 30/12/2007, 11:51

What i like to do,is to have a deck of charecters with 8 attack and at least 6 dmg (ability or not)to finish of sum1 in 2 truns.
or have a deck of all fi pang clang and Ashigaru.if u go second and he dosent play a blocker,get fury and use all pills with Kinjo
9/49
6SimS-Sven - Guru - UTOPiA English
Sunday 30/12/2007, 18:27

For me every game is always luck,because you don't know if you'd be drawing good cards
10/49
TNT_Shadow - Legend - TRiNiTY English
Sunday 30/12/2007, 20:32

I can win in 1 round

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals