UR Gameplay school #2 Thinking in less that 4 rounds

Wednesday 26/12/2007, 16:45
Fraggle - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
49 messages
Fraggle - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 26/12/2007, 16:45

Even veterans players tends to always think a battle in 4 rounds.
If you can, try to see if you can get a win in 2 or 3 rounds (remember, you just need 5 damages and 7 damages to make 12 damages ), your opponent will most certainly be quite surprised
« Previous12345Next »

11/49
RK_Miggs - Veteran English
Sunday 30/12/2007, 22:02

Winning in 1 round is simple. Fang Pi clan bonus with Lost Hog and fury is 12 damage, or using La Junta, Timber, fury and anyone who has 7 damage [i.e. No Nam, Python] is also 12.

But it's far from rare for a "stop opp bonus" or "-2 opp dmg" or anything similar to show up, and that kills the entire strategy so it is very important to have other strategies than just this one.

I usually aim for 2 rounds, sometimes 3. I find it hard to finish a game in over 3 rounds.
12/49
ibtd - Imperator - Die Frettchen English
Sunday 30/12/2007, 22:10

I wanna see you do that against decks that are halfway geared towards ELO play or against players that recognize what is going on. Meaning lots of SoB, SoA, damage reducer and/or high power to simply kill the one-turn KO from Kinjo or Lost Hog. Two-turn KOs are a different story since you often can't shut those down with before mentioned means.
13/49
PanzerElement - Veteran English
Sunday 30/12/2007, 23:11

Dont use Kinjo as a rush card, unless you're 100% sure that you'll win. Hes a lot more useful as a threat. Dont play him, just keep him, so the other guy never knows if and when you're gonna use him. Most people expect you to rush him first turn, seeing as so many people do it, so if you dont rush, your opponent is gonna be down by at least half his pills.
14/49
nova conta - Hero Português
Tuesday 01/01/2008, 03:05

I kinda have a idiot and courage play (XD), when your opponent plays a card that you know that is going with no pillz you just play the strongest with 2/3 pillz and cut his energy by half and them scary him with a good card(he will use his pillz) he'll obviosly win and the next round you do the ko
15/49
Elite Star - Guru English
Thursday 03/01/2008, 12:43

One guy rushed with him, I saw it coming, put my Lamar up with 5-7 pillz, dont remember and I won, and then I finished him easily lol
16/49
AntQueen - Senior English
Monday 07/01/2008, 21:15

How do you know how many damages it will do?
17/49
XC 1984 - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Sunday 20/01/2008, 16:02

I wouldn't worry too much with 2 round kos if you have at least 2 damage reducers in your deck and also keep an eye on your health and analys his damage and he should be ok.
18/49
Deity EVO - Veteran English
Wednesday 27/02/2008, 17:58

I have a type 1 mon/upper deck, and I generally get the 2/3 round KO. I've had to wait till the 3rd of 4th round, seems people know they're beaten and time the battle out..it's really annoying.
19/49
TL-Nexarcus - Novice English
Monday 10/03/2008, 16:21

Sometimes a quick KO is the most effective way of winning , obviously it's a risk espically with alot of damage reduction and SOA/SOB in the clans, you just need to make opputunities and try to catch your opponent off guard.
20/49
MyL Garfield - Titan Español
Thursday 03/04/2008, 15:03

Also, thinking in less than 4 rounds is not just finishing off fast, it can also mean making the gap big enough between your life and your opponent's.
A Kenny with Fury cannot win a game in one turn or does he? Sometimes if your opponent starts, you can see that he threw his best card on the first round and the rest of his cards (even with fury) can't hit you with 15 damage among all of them.
KO is not the only way of winning.

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals