UR Gameplay school #2 Thinking in less that 4 rounds

Wednesday 26/12/2007, 16:45
Fraggle - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
49 messages
Fraggle - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 26/12/2007, 16:45

Even veterans players tends to always think a battle in 4 rounds.
If you can, try to see if you can get a win in 2 or 3 rounds (remember, you just need 5 damages and 7 damages to make 12 damages ), your opponent will most certainly be quite surprised
« Previous12345Next »

21/49
NoobianZ - Senior - The Urban Rival Crew English
Friday 04/04/2008, 04:58

Just play with fun...XD..dont think anymore..just play it...
22/49
cerencik - Novice English
Thursday 15/05/2008, 14:56

Merhaba Ben ceren ama çok ?ey bilmiorum
23/49
Selden - Veteran English
Monday 21/07/2008, 20:15

Too much talk on this topic-it lends it more weight than it deserves. Here's two things for those of you who're all fired up about a 2-3 round KO to keep in mind:

If you honestly outclass your opponent that much, you can get more points by beating him each round.

If your opponent has a real killer card in play, there's no way to tell if he's going to go straight for your throat or drag it out. I've seen Kolos used 1st round, 2nd round, 3rd and 4th. The word here isn't moderation, because a 12 damager with 7-9 pillz on him is going to take your 3-4 pill character and rip him to pieces. It's not even judgement, unless you're lucky enough to go up against somebody you know the patterns of. When you're up against one hit killers, it's blind luck.

And for those of you who do have the one or two hit KO cards... trust me, Fraggle is dead wrong about anybody but the newbies being surprised. We know it's coming, and if you bank on it working out, nobody's going to shed any tears for you when you're countered and then beaten bloody on rounds 3 and 4.
24/49
Zhupons - Titan Português
Monday 21/07/2008, 20:30

You couldn't be more wrong.. when you go against Kolos most times it isn't a blind call... Most times you'll be able to predict what he is being used to, others you'll just use a SOA and when you see that you have no chance in one by one battle you just have to use the best card to call out Kolos... normally I have, blaaster, Vermyn N, Uranus and Petra in my handa, if i'm firts I'll play my Petra with 8 pillz and 95% of the times i have the battle won in the first round...

with time and experience you'll see that a player with Kolos is sometimes more predictable than it looks...
25/49
Selden - Veteran English
Monday 21/07/2008, 23:30

Time? Got it. Experience? Got it. What /you/ have is a deck that's just as threatening as the Kolos. Picture that same guy looking at a foursome that doesn't have three at 7 power, with two major damage reducers, and you just might have an idea where I'm coming from. "Okay, he's got a 7/3, a 5/5, a 6/2 with +10 attack and a 5/4 with -3 damage, min. 1. I can throw Kolos at him whenever I want to, so... oh, how about in response to his second attack. That'll boost my score some."

I'm not talking to you Legends out there who have an array of cards that can spit on Kolos to kill it. You already have enough wins under your belt to ignore whatever I say anyway. I'm talking to the Masters and under, the plebes who don't have hundreds of hours logged or a Paypal account we're not shy on using, and trust me, Zhupons, to us the Kolos (or anybody else you can boost to 12 damage) is very much a tom cat trying to decide which mouse it wants to make go splat. Or if we successfully guess when it's coming and save enough pills for a meager 5-6 power character to have a fair chance at handling it, we might still lose because our opponent knew he could blow a pill here or a pill there to knock us down to 3 health while we shored up our defenses against his biggest stomper.
26/49
darkknight91 - Novice English
Tuesday 22/07/2008, 23:51

I dont fight with a plaien i have no plaien or sceam i just want to see you burn
27/49
guolin - Master - Urban Allies English
Sunday 21/09/2008, 22:26

I tend to rely on my Freaks and Pussycats' bonuses. My damages tend to be low, and there are not many KO combinations. However, this means that my defensive stance is great and I can sneak a win to very experienced players. Of course it bolis down to me being very strategic, as I use a low damage Freaks card, get the win, block with Pussycats, and finish the opponent when the opponent is poisoned big time. Using this way I perfected an excellent ELO win. Of course I'm still a master, and my mediocre cards mean that I have to be defensively strategist, and sneak in wins creatively. Although, I would say a 4 Damager plus Timber is an excellent combo, but slightly risky.
28/49
guolin - Master - Urban Allies English
Sunday 21/09/2008, 22:33

I forgot to put this in my previous post, but Timber is a crucial card if you want to think in two rounds. It makes it so that you only need to do 10 damage based, not 12. And to those who have General Cr out there, I want to say you're real lucky and have no consideration over this topic.
29/49
sandijs1 - Senior - Bear Punch 1:22 mins. English
Friday 26/09/2008, 15:06

I simply use Freaks deck. When you hit whit a card like Maamoon (she has SOB) you will win if you us your pillz and shes damage is 6. for Freaks it is good because then you put on a good defense card and your oponent wil most likely think that you are puting very much pillz in it to win. Then you will probobly lose and he/she will lose some pillz and damage, simply put on a offensive card whit at least 4 damage (poision will work and he will lose 2 life points) and finish the job. Unless you have better cards of corse. then you can do 1 hit KO or 2hit KO.
30/49
ReadTheRules - Legend English
Thursday 04/12/2008, 23:33

Another way to think in less than 4 rounds is not by koing but by using certain cards that prevent them from winning.
ex: if your opponent has 2 high damage and 2 low damage and they play the high damage cards first. if you beat the high damage cards and have at least 1 damage reducer you can win without a ko.

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals