UR Gameplay school #2 Thinking in less that 4 rounds

Wednesday 26/12/2007, 16:45
Fraggle - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
49 messages
Fraggle - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 26/12/2007, 16:45

Even veterans players tends to always think a battle in 4 rounds.
If you can, try to see if you can get a win in 2 or 3 rounds (remember, you just need 5 damages and 7 damages to make 12 damages ), your opponent will most certainly be quite surprised
« Previous12345Next »

41/49
ShadowHawk - Veteran English
Saturday 17/10/2009, 19:48

ALWAYS ALWAYS Tank damage if you can. e.g when your opponent throws out a Dorian, you give him a 0 pillz damage reducer. you'll be left with 8 hp ( pretty hard to deal that much if you're in elo ) so throw out a strong card that your opponent will not dare to fury against with 0 pillz. he'll waste all of his pillz and you win. always think the battle through. do somethin unexpected with + life cards.calculate ur opponent's pillz and the amout of pillz he needs to use to win if he furies.its always that 1 hp that causes me to win or lose in elo. KO is not the wayto win.count the damage gap/ e.g. you have a Loma Noju with 12 hp left. your opponent has Shogunn with 12 hp. furying loma will give you 18 hp and your opponent 6 hp ( this is used in the third or forth round, even better if you have a good card to play withyour opponent's mind that you will ko him with ) it's a bit hard to understand, but try mod pliz let this up. hand......hurts.......to much typing....
42/49
CatsGoMeow - Senior English
Thursday 03/12/2009, 18:26

One good strategy is to use Ashigaru as your Leader. Pay attention to the power, damage, abilities, and bonuses of your character's bonuses. Now let's say your opponent plays a character with 4 or less damage. Play a character with no pillz (one of your weaker ones). Likely, your opponent will use some pillz. I've won numerous battles because my opponents will use 6-12 pillz while I take only a few damage, then waste them in the next couple turns with ease (if they don't time out by then)

A good strategy that works well against players with low power high damage characters is to play a character with at least 7 power, and at least 6 damage, and use at least 4 pillz on your first turn. 2nd turn, use another character with at least 7 power 6 damage and use all of your remaining pillz. This strategy works best with Timber on your team, since he gives +1 damage to the whole team.

For high power, low damage, just Tank for 1-2 rounds saving pillz, then kill kill kill when your opponent is low on pillz. If your characters have 6 or greater power and decent damage, and your opponent's characters don't have any pow/dam raising/reducing abilities/bonuses you will have a guaranteed win (in no random anyway)

The only way to win against players with all high power/high damage characters is to have high power/high damage characters of your own, or make the most out of abilities/bonuses.
43/49
BldyKnuckles - Senior English
Saturday 06/03/2010, 09:07

Note: you MUST take into account the +life abilities. take the advice of someone who knows, + life is at least as good as +dmg~ and sometimes better against some decks.
44/49
Pickle Keeper - Guru English
Saturday 16/10/2010, 07:28

I tend to play ridiculously fast, it seems to make people feel they need to play fast too. Generally when someone plays a card really quick you assumed they bluffed.
45/49
K1NG_PWN4GzZz - Legend - TrAitorzZz English
Tuesday 23/11/2010, 18:27

@ Shadow
me too, it normally involves a lot of jedi mind tricking, but then..
not everybody can be a king of pwnage

seriously though;
one of my many nasty DT tricks with my Rescue is calling a first round bluff with a card like Sledge with let's say 4 pillz
leaving the game 12 - 5 in lives (me leading) and pillz 8 - 12 (me having 8 pillz)
Most of the time I'll finish them off with a Furied Slyde

Why??
- Who'd expect a 5 powered damage reducer do 6 damage (!!) when I still have Kerry and (maybe) Bobby as more obvious choices to finish my opponnent off
- the trick only works when there are 1 or 2 obvious enders in my hand
- Time is of the essence, it has to be played right away, otherwise I thought too long about it and it becomes obvious

why is it not obvious if played straight after Sledge's fight is over??
- using 4 pillz on Sledge has left me with less pillz then you, i.e. I would prolly play a damage reducer with attack manipulation in the hope you will pill.."But off course I'm not pillzing K1NG!! I'm not spending any pillz on a lame-o damage reducer like Slyde, I'll just throw Dagg or Deea with 1 pillz and be done with it.

and then people see a red "6" where Slyde's normally white "4" should be..
and they cannot actually believe that I did that...

but that's game over in 2 turns, after (hopefully) 1 or 2 minutes

enjoy!!
46/49
Shovon - Master English
Friday 22/07/2011, 18:19

More rounds = more fun
47/49
The_HoAx - Hero English
Friday 22/07/2011, 19:22

Don't bump threads a year old >_>
48/49
iGraff - Titan English
Friday 22/07/2011, 20:19

What i do is take my opponent completely off-guard.

Lets say for example that i have two cards remaining: a Jackie Cr and a Rubie and i only need 6 damages to win.
What i do is instead of using all my pills on my Jackie which would be the obvious choice is to play all my pills with Rubie.
Since she is weaker people underestimate her most of the time and only play a couple pills on her. Next thing you know you've won!
49/49
GWN YingMan - Veteran - Barrtykoriattitude English
Thursday 18/08/2011, 02:27

Sometimes noobish strategies work against veteran players. veteran players mostly think the situation complicatedly. play a card with no bonuses or ability with 6 dmg with 6 pills. 2nd round, do the same. seems stupid to do. gets you a win sometimes.
or just plain out play a 1 hit ko card at the beginning of the round lol. they'll most likely think its a bluff

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals