UR Gameplay school #5 When to let an opponent's card go through

Thursday 27/12/2007, 01:19
Force Majeure - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
56 messages
Force Majeure - Moderator - Open CasketEnglish - Thursday 27/12/2007, 01:19

Some cards are very well just have those high attacks and powerful bonuses that you must waste a lot of pillz just to beat them..in most of these cases..one of the best tactics is to let the card through and not waste pillz..an example would be Zatman..he has such a high power and a pretty powerful bonus to boot, and the best way to play against him is to either let the 4damage through of block with a defensive card..that is.."if" you are high on life points and "if" "fury in mind", Zatman can't KO you..otherwise, if you are near a possible KO..you should do something about it, coz if you let it through, it might be the end of you..
« Previous123456Next »

2/56
Force Majeure - Moderator - Open Casket English
Thursday 27/12/2007, 10:44

Remember..life is a resource..your opponent or you shouldn't and must not always go for a KO..having more life than your opponent is still a win..so use your life wisely..
3/56
PanzerElement - Veteran English
Thursday 27/12/2007, 14:55

Dont just let him go through because you wont die. The other guy could well be expecting that, and use only one pill, which could be your chance to get a nuker through.
4/56
Thursday 27/12/2007, 15:32

Yup..if you just let something through because you're afraid of the card because it's big or has a huge power and a good bonus, you just might get nuked by that card because your opponent might have read you and just put a single pill in that card, more so even a fury..so don't just let things through easily..still, one of the safest way to deal with things like these is to put a pill or just block..because you don't always let a card through..specially if it can deal a huge amount of damage or can life steal you making him/her impossible to reach..
5/56
Thursday 27/12/2007, 15:42

And one more thing..don't just let life-stealers or strong poison cards go through easily unless you have a SOA or SOB to counter their effects, in those cases, it's relatively safe to let those attacks through..otherwise, blockers / damage reducing cards can be used to reduce their damage and effects..
6/56
Thursday 27/12/2007, 16:32

Zatman doesnt really do very much damage. He also doesnt have any nasty effects. However, that isnt any reason to just let him through. In many games, I'll just play him with zero pills, and the other guy plays something else with zero pills. And then I'll have done four damage for no cost.
7/56
Thursday 27/12/2007, 19:20

Well..that's why there are damage reducers..I only made Zatman an example assuming that you don't have a damage reducer in hand..because in most cases, players would not want to go head to head with a card like Zatman or Lyse Teria..and also, most of the time, players only put a few pillz on them too..that's why I also said "don't just let things through easily..still, one of the safest way to deal with things like these is to put a pill or just block..because you don't always let a card through..Remember..life is a resource..your opponent or you shouldn't and must not always go for a KO..having more life than your opponent is still a win..so use your life wisely.."
8/56
Thursday 27/12/2007, 20:13

Zatman isnt really worthy of being blocked in most cases. For example, if you were to use Uranus, who has -5 opp damage, to block him, you'd have wasted part of that -5 because Zatman only has 4 attack. This is why most people let him through, and thus why most people dont put many pills on him. Which leads to my point that if someone plays Zatman, its a perfect chance to push a nuker through.
9/56
Thursday 27/12/2007, 20:21

Well..that is the way I play, and these are just basic tips and guidelines anyway, I'm not saying it's mandatory that people follow what's written here..because different players mean different styles of play, and of course, situations must be weighed before making moves..(life points, card bonuses, what cards you and your opponent has, etc..) but what I'm saying here is..for me, I'd rather take a sure hit from cards like those if I don't have blockers and if my life points are still high rather than take the risk of going head to head with it (specially if my cards don't have the power or a good bonus or ability to deal with them) and risking to lose that round and have my pillz wasted because basically I don't know what's running inside the head of my opponent and he might have put pillz in it, and I don't want to just let my pillz go to waste in a round like that..not only have I took the risk of losing that round using my pillz to tackle a big card, but losing the whole match as well because I wasted precious pillz that I could've just conserved for other cards to use..for me..this is what I call "playing things safe"..but as I said..for others..things might be different, these are only mere tips for basic tactics..good games to all..
10/56
LOA_PuppyChow - Guru - Legends of America English
Friday 28/12/2007, 05:20

A lot of who you're willling to let through may also depend on who your opponent has in their hand in addition to who you may let through.
If your opponent has Zatman, Dorian, Ruby, Charlie in their hand... it might not be wise to just let Zatman through, if furied then they can kill you with any of their other cards no problem.(this hand contains 16 stars i know, but using Uppers/Pussycats it's a perfectly plausible hand.

« Previous123456Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals