UR Gameplay school #5 When to let an opponent's card go through

Thursday 27/12/2007, 01:19
Force Majeure - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
56 messages
Force Majeure - Moderator - Open CasketEnglish - Thursday 27/12/2007, 01:19

Some cards are very well just have those high attacks and powerful bonuses that you must waste a lot of pillz just to beat them..in most of these cases..one of the best tactics is to let the card through and not waste pillz..an example would be Zatman..he has such a high power and a pretty powerful bonus to boot, and the best way to play against him is to either let the 4damage through of block with a defensive card..that is.."if" you are high on life points and "if" "fury in mind", Zatman can't KO you..otherwise, if you are near a possible KO..you should do something about it, coz if you let it through, it might be the end of you..
« Previous123456Next »

41/56
MangekyOMadar - Master - Knock Premium English
Saturday 15/08/2009, 04:26

Which Leader
is the best for a Skeelz deck is it Timber
or....
42/56
Genocide2099 - Senior English
Saturday 15/08/2009, 08:52

Okaaaay. I'm a noob here and I have a lot of questions. How do i know which card is defensive. How do I tell the difference?
43/56
DiversityRA - Veteran English
Monday 17/08/2009, 01:10

Er @Genocide
If the card has a low damage (1-3) and has a damage reduction skill then its most likely deffensive. Mostly these cards are played in responce to a card you play (probly with high damage) but occasionally you find a guy who plays it first..and in that case its really obvious and you can get thru usually with barely any pillz...but if you do...youre damage is reduced lol (duh). What i try to do is put like 2 pillz on an SOA if ive got one cause they usually dont pill DRs much (exeptions are cards from like clans with attack subtractions like sakhrom and Montana)

Another type of deffensive can be faking, which is just to get you to burn up a bunch of pillz. For instance, Trey from Piranas ... no one wants to underpill him, so you use a bunch of pillz to stop him and a high powered card only to find he didnt use any and you could have beaten him with like two pillz. Try to be wary of when they use cards like Trey and Mojo on the first turn...because it makes it seem a bit more obvious what they are planning...and why would they want to seem obvious? (Unless they WANT you to see it and burn pillz)

It may be hard to decipher exactly what they are planning, but try to use perspective, like can they win without the card or not.
(If they can't then they are probly desperate...if they can then they just want alot more pillz than you). Even you're hand could help with that because if you have really great cards then they may be more desperate. Anyways, good luck.
44/56
DiversityRA - Veteran English
Monday 17/08/2009, 01:12

Oh also wanted to add...just for my style of gameplay...i dont like to use more pillz than damage i do (when going first) because its a waste sort of. This might help because i doubt im the ONLY one who thinks like that.
45/56
(HAL) Lunto - Imperator Deutsch
Sunday 17/01/2010, 23:30

There is only one case in which you can let an opponent bash through without any doubt: if you play against someone around lvl 15-20 with a Freaks deck. he will play his first card with 6-8 pillz. he always will. promise.
46/56
gamer_gpl - Master English
Wednesday 07/04/2010, 21:18

To (HAL) Lunto,
Quote, 'There is only one case in which you can let an opponent bash through without any doubt: if you play against someone around lvl 15-20 with a Freaks deck. he will play his first card with 6-8 pillz. he always will. promise.' Unquote.

I play half Freaks, i Don always do the obvious. I like to alternate. Sometimes, i bluff with Olga/Grudj, or vice versa. But i prefer to blast with Grudj as not only, 4 damage, poison, also get back 2 pills.
47/56
Blue Shadoww - Senior English
Sunday 25/04/2010, 15:34

48/56
X-magnus - Master English
Saturday 05/06/2010, 09:31

This only works if I have Ambre and Jackie on my hand
49/56
SadisticCynic - Hero English
Tuesday 08/06/2010, 11:50

@gamer gpl: you're not lv 15-20...
50/56
Noji_ - Hero English
Sunday 17/10/2010, 05:51

Lol@ Cynic

« Previous123456Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals