UR Gameplay School #6 When to use Blockers

Thursday 27/12/2007, 01:35
Force Majeure - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
45 messages
Force Majeure - Moderator - Open CasketEnglish - Thursday 27/12/2007, 01:35

If I have a big blocker..let's say..Uranus..I don't just block a first turn card with her..because I know most of my opponents expect me to use her as a defensive card..so I put out other of my cards instead with a few pillz to beat their card very unexpectedly..because most of the time..people are expected to put only one or a few pillz on their cards when they see a big blocker because it's pill wasting if for example: I put 4-5pillz on Zatman and my opponent just blocks him with Uranus (it's a complete waste of pillz!!) so more likely, an opponent would only put 1 or a few pillz in his/her card if he/she sees a blocker so you are open to attack him/her easily..as I said..it happens most of the time..so it doesn't happen always..

Blockers..are actually good attackers and bluff finishers..unless your opponent is confident because he has a SOA or SOB that can get through a blocker..but aside from that..blockers are good attackers..they reduce damage..so more likely, your opponent won't go to lengths to waste his best cards or pillz just to beat a card that reduces damage unless he sees through it and feels that you are already trying to finish him off or his life points are threatened that can make the big game difference of losing a match..
« Previous12345Next »

2/45
Force Majeure - Moderator - Open Casket English
Thursday 27/12/2007, 11:06

Blockers can also be used to ensure victory and seal the deal..let's say for example..you only have two cards left..a decent blocker and a good card that can attack well and it's your opponent's turn to go first..since you have a decent blocker, your opponent will "likely" not waste too much pillz because the last remaining rounds are crucial and can be the deciding rounds so most players just play it safe, so you can let your attacker card out with enough pillz to get through or even fury if needed to ensure victory if your opponent's remaining card in the last round can be easily blocked by your remaining blocker card..but this does not always happen..but in most cases..it does..because basically..when a player is faced with a big blocker, the first thing that usually comes into mind is.."I don't want to waste too much pillz on you since you can easily block my attack and it can be the end of me if you are ahead in pillz".

with the above tactic..you are likely applying the "thinking within less than four rounds" move..since you are attacking in the third round and blocking last to ensure victory..

but as always..this tactic does not have to be applied always..you just have to know when is the right time to use a blocker to block, or bluff and attack..
3/45
Anger_HM - Hero - Hueco Mundo English
Thursday 27/12/2007, 12:17

But it all comes down into taking all factor into account..and experienced just can't be taught..anyway..if you want a bluff deck put skrumxtxx(the alien) and Uranus in ur deck..another thing is that you need to hae pillz management for using blocker..
4/45
Thursday 27/12/2007, 15:22

Or..when you simply just don't know what to do with an attack..the safest way to deal with it is to block it..
5/45
PanzerElement - Veteran English
Thursday 27/12/2007, 15:25

Not knowing what to do is for noobs.
6/45
NewType_0 - Imperator English
Thursday 27/12/2007, 15:27

Well do you consider Skiner a blocker???
7/45
PanzerElement - Veteran English
Thursday 27/12/2007, 16:33

A blocker is something that has damage reduction. Skiner is a poor man's wall at best, wimpy filler at worst.
8/45
Thursday 27/12/2007, 19:29

What I'm trying to say is.."if you're not sure what to do with an attack.." the safest way to deal with it is to block it..and..I think it's a safe way of dealing with things because in just blocking, you are not wasting any pillz and there is still a chance that your opponent has..

anyway..Skiner is not a blocker but for me, he's more of a card that you put out on a defensive turn, because most of the time, you do not want to put pillz on him and you do not want to get the card out on a first turn in a round because his attack range can easily be measured and can easily be remedied by SOAs and SOBs..and your attack might just be turned against you..
9/45
0- JP - Titan - † OVER KILL † English
Saturday 29/12/2007, 19:52

My usual tactic, 2-4 pills if my opponent has a damage reducer, GG's!
10/45
Ink_MoB - Titan - Legendary Knights English
Thursday 03/01/2008, 11:15

My favorite blockers:

1. GraksmxxT (due to his bonus, he's really a big WALL at the same time)
2. Vermyn N (can be used as a one or two pillz attacker)
3. Uranus (pffft. Some say she's predictable but for me she's never useless)
4. Bristone/Yookie (really really helpful because they can reduce damage even if their opponent has SOA)
5. Marina/Juicy Lord (high powered, average blocking and average damage, great bonus)

did I forget someone?

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals