New: DUEL Mode!

Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:27
elocau - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
420 messages
elocau - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 27/02/2013, 15:29

Come and fight Kate in the new DUEL game mode and win cards and battle points! Every day, Kate will set 3 challenges: fight her and win common cards. Then, if you're feeling on form, you can carry on fighting her after having won the 3 daily cards and go on to win battle points.Every 24 hours, 3 new challenges will be available as well as new common cards to be won.
Click here to take up the challenge!

For the time being, the duel mode is available in Beta. We are planning to keep a close eye on what happens in terms of results (number of players, number of games, impact on the market, etc.) and will then make a decision about whether to keep it, amend it or simply get rid of it.

edited by elocau Wednesday 27/02/2013, 16:29
« Previous12...3536373839404142Next »

401/420
Keelatay - Titan - Time Conquers All English
Friday 21/06/2013, 15:13

I'm not sure if this has been going on for a while, but is it no longer possible to play in duel mode once you have won all the cards?
402/420
tgh02 - Titan - Open Casket English
Friday 21/06/2013, 16:26

@ Keelatay

It started Today. Now players receive "Plz Change Mode" type message.

Also, Kate is Timing Out. There are currently 2118 Players, much lower than 3700+ when Duel was launched. Perhaps UR is shifting resources toward Coliseum.

* It's important for Duel to remain available even after winning 3x cards. This is because, UR has increased to 60 Matches to receive 3 cards, Duel's reward value has plummeted (those players fearing Market will collapse were wrong), and importantly it's a good format to test decks and new releases.

*** Most importantly, Duel should remain for new players to develop strategy and earn free cards/clintz/bp to level up ***
403/420
L7test - Hero - The Trend English
Friday 21/06/2013, 17:13

"You Already Won the Daily Character in Duel Mode, you can try an_other Battle Mode"

UR is Trolling us?

UR increased matches required to win cards.

UR decreases randomness and distributes more low value card.

We're playing 3 hours for 3 cards because Kate Trolls us with overpilling or time outs.

Incredible. You know, Duel's redeeming feature is being able to practice decks without opponents forfeiting like in Lost
Warehouse. And even IF players use Duel for Mission...So What.

Please UR, let players do what they wish within your guideline. Completing Missions in Duel isn't cheating and doesn't impede other players.

Think before you damage Duel so much that we avoid it altogether. What does it cost you? It's not like UR is handing out Guru Cr in Duel.

Duel started with 3000 hourly players and it's drop to 1500 unless it's LD day. Come On - stop messing around and go tinker with Coliseum Mode.
404/420
Zincomega - Titan English
Friday 21/06/2013, 17:45

So reading the Duel description now, "Every day, win *a* character by challenging our AI," now they decreased it from 3 cards a day to 1. Now the question is if the card is still a common.
406/420
OK Inhumane - Imperator - Organized Konfusion English
Friday 21/06/2013, 18:27

Well, just like UR staff ruined the entire game a few months ago with the advent of Standard/Extended, they've again ruined the last fun part of it; Duels.

I really wish I could go back to last week and not waste my money on credits for this.
407/420
Friday 21/06/2013, 20:00

If UR sticks to this plan, then just shut down Duel and we'll return Lost Warehouse and get trolled by players who forfeit & time out.

Wake Up UR - this is really simple: you want new players to enjoy your game / learn your game / try new formats / join guilds & chat / enter tourneys and * ding ding ding * spend MONEY for cards!

We want UR to be successful because there are many competitors offering FREE games. When you consider the average match requires 4 minutes? That's an eternity for Smartphone users. When UR complicates a player's gaming experience then that player will leave.

I'm sticking around but it's constant stream of New Players that increases content and increases revenue.

I'm certain more eloquent players will offer better observations - but today UR screwed up
408/420
Friday 21/06/2013, 20:02

Since UR can change Duel terms, and admit openly that it provided new players with free Commons, and this meant Common packs were removed...

Please bring back Common Pack, thank you
409/420
Babs Hartley - Legend - TRiNiTY English
Friday 21/06/2013, 21:02

I LOVE crunching missions in Duel mode and now UR is gonna block me from using it after so many matches a day?

That SUCKS.
Limit the amount of cards to be won in a day, if you guys want to, but don't block me from the room!!! HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE decision!
410/420
Saturday 22/06/2013, 05:04

@ Babs

Yup my friends and I have school so Duel is very helpful in finishing missions. I prefer it over Lost Warehouse. As others mentioned, cheating to obtain a 150 Ctz card vs conspiring to increase chances to win Guru Cr are not equal.

Oh well, it's UR's decision. They tinkered Duel for 114 day and figured nobody will care if they cripple it further.

« Previous12...3536373839404142Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals