An appeal to UR staff for the upcoming new clan

Wednesday 20/03/2013, 17:39
Sicba - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
46 messages
Sicba - Imperator - Open CasketEnglish - Wednesday 20/03/2013, 17:39

Hey, so I decided to write an entirely new topic for this instead of posting in some of many "new clan" topics we have here. Why? Simple. There are 2 reasons, 1 is the UR staff might see this easier and will think about it, 2nd is, I have no intention to think of a bonus for the clan, card stats and so.
Only thing I wanna talk about here is the clans THEME (Ill cover a little bit about the bonus also)
So, when I came here and started playing UR, the thing that got me most exited were the various clans, or better to say their themes. As 1st 2 favorites and my favorite clans, without a contest, FPC and Jungo rose above others. And as many people dont like FPC for their bonus, I play them the most, I reached 500 wins with them 1st, before I even had 250 with most of other clans. Why? Cuz theyre freaking karate ninja badass masters, thats why. And they could have the bonus of Backlash:4DMG, I would still play them the most. Why dont I play Roots, GHEIST, Uppers, PC so much? Cuz I just dont like their themes. Of course, in Surv I do put some Uppers in my deck and so, but I just dont like them so much.
So for the new clan, please, just think about them and do them right. Reading through topics here, one of the favorites, and my personal favorite, would be some medieval knights, wizards and so. And Dragons, this game, if not mistaken, DOES NOT HAVE ONE DRAGON! Its just not right. Bunch of red angry people isnt so fun. Same for people with coats (although Yetis saved them).
TBC later
« Previous12345Next »

2/46
Sicba - Imperator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 20/03/2013, 18:49

...continued
So, last few clans werent as good as they couldve been. Especially in bonuses. One isnt so good, other, while good, is situational. So, for the new clan, only thing I wouldnt like would be (bonus wise) a Confidence:something bonus or HealX: max Y bonus. Everything else should work fine.
So, again on the theme, please, consider some of many topics related to new clans and see what would other people like most, which kinda theme. There shouldnt be a problem art wise, you just say to the artist "dont draw a cowboy, draw a knight".
New clan is probably coming soon, so just look at the wishes of the community and act accordingly.
Thank you!
3/46
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Wednesday 20/03/2013, 21:29

I think the problem with a Knights, Wizards, and Dragons themed clan is the existence of Fantasy Rivals. We do have characters present that can be considered knights and wizards, but not blatant high-fantasy ones. The key reasoning behind this is in the name: URBAN Rivals. Everything has to fit, however loosely, to the >>modern
4/46
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Wednesday 20/03/2013, 23:32

Dang it, my post didn't fully go through, so I'll shorten it to one sentence.

Dragons (and more fantasy creatures) coping with the modern world would be cool, but could be placed into preexisting clans.
5/46
Alhalish - Veteran - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 21/03/2013, 00:47

If there's going to be just one dragon in UR, at least make it cool and fit the theme of the clan.

For example, Nidhoggr (Alduin, if UR has the cojones) in Nightmare (The World-Eater), Fafnir in Uppers (symbol of greed), Tianlong in Fang Pi Clang (Heavenly dragon), etc.

....What? A dragon in clan of greedy capitalists is not a preposterous idea, they can ask Edd Cr.
6/46
maki_mUR - Legend - Dragons Cro Clan English
Thursday 21/03/2013, 01:01

In my opinion, the latest few bonuses, Vortex and Skeelz mostly, have been unique and creative The themes are appealing, except maybe Berzerk and Jungo. I'd love to see a medieval-themed clan still, and the existence of fantasy rivals can't be an argument, it's a different game and it's in no way connected to this one.
7/46
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Thursday 21/03/2013, 01:12

I would definitely love to see something more creative for future clans than "archetypal TV/movie character x30."
Berzerk and Frozn are definitely a bit lackluster to me, and I once famously complained that all you had to do to write a Frozn description is say "(Character Name) hurts people with his/her ice gun." Vortex are a bit more interesting, but still a little bit too uniform -- they're basically cyber soldiers/war machines from the future.

I love it when a clan tells a story, or really establishes an interesting mythology about the characters. FPC really are a good example of this, and for that reason, they were one of my favorite clans from the start as well.

I actually think my favorite "fan-made" UR clan is DoomBug's Construct. http://www.urban-rivals.com/en/community/forum/?mode=viewsubject&forum_page=0&id_subject=1906918&subject_page=195
I would utterly love to see more high-concept clans like this in game. It is reminiscent of a lot of things, and definitely archetypal enough, very nice "sci fi low budget cult classic" feel to the whole thing. Yet there is a lot of uniqueness to it, and it's full of characters and ideas not already present in UR. We could use more stuff like that.

+1 to the idea of dragons/drakes/etc coping with the modern world. I can see it being really cool if they try to blend in Ninja Turtle style, hiding in plain sight, wings concealed under bulky trench-coats.
8/46
LOA_MadPirate - Guru - Legends of America English
Thursday 21/03/2013, 10:23

Each clan has always had character, even the new clans.
it's becoming harder to incorporate ideas into the cityscape.
sure, Jugo was a great one, and even though i protested to the idea of bringing pirates into the city...
the Piranas are a pretty good add on.
the newer clans seem to fall flat because the depth is harder to achieve without inter mingling into other clans.

i hope they do take their time with fleshing out of the clan story, and at least first 12 cards before a release.
in any circumstance, good luck, and thank you.
9/46
-Argos-ZS - Titan - D-Versified English
Thursday 21/03/2013, 12:13

I think having interconnecting card bios is one of the most effective ways to make a clan's 'theme' likeable. Cards that share in a mini-canon is one of my favorite things to find in UR (and I mean more interconnected with each other - Spyke and Cortez on a larger scale - than 'lets tack on something at the end so we get a theme!' - every bezerk bio [looking at you, room 13])
10/46
Sicba - Imperator - Open Casket English
Thursday 21/03/2013, 17:50

Yea, I also agree that FR cant be a reason for the lack of anything medieval here just because its there.
2 of my other favorites, some kinda sea creatures/monsters and ninjas are already implemented here in other clans, UW and FPC, so we can probably forget about those, although I would like it very very much if theres a complete ninja clan (one ninja master left FPC and decided to form his own clan), and that ninjas have a bonus: copy bonus opp. and are in a fight with Piranas, so the ussusal Ninjas vs Pirates thing would go on here
Also, I like the idea of Ghelas for the TMNT, just in form of dragons, that would be AWESOME!

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals