Old... old... old... is the new Double Old
Tuesday 16/04/2013, 08:02
wasteroftime - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
22 messages
Old... old... old... is the new Double Old
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open CasketEnglish - Tuesday 16/04/2013, 08:02

This is just silliness
my 15 stars to his 12 stars, not a complete mismatch in terms of star count...

triple olding basically won me the game, just for kicks i didnt bother pilling the last round.

end result
win with 12 pills remaining and an 8-2 life advantage
« Previous123Next »

2/22
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 16/04/2013, 10:58

Lol, what was your deck?
3/22
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Tuesday 16/04/2013, 11:29

Eh, this isn't exactly a new strategy. Rescue decks and big LPD decks have been using it with a fair success rate for a long time now.
4/22
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 16/04/2013, 11:32

Montana does this with 1 pill every single game when Avola is in hand. Sents used to do this too with Sammy and Coby.
5/22
Ambre1134 - Titan - wicked souls English
Tuesday 16/04/2013, 13:43

Yeah.... extremely annoying that Avola is.......

Say you drew a hand of Oscar, Mona, Spiaghi, and Avola.

You could probably win the game mindlessly, by 2 pilling Oscar and Mona, and 1 pilling Spiaghi (just to get the bonus). Use Avola with all the rest.
6/22
TGAP-Trixie - Senior English
Tuesday 16/04/2013, 18:13

I seem to win against Montana quite frequently by dring the hell out of them with a pussycat half and then nuking them with Jautya lol. Montana users always wanna get their bonus in when they should realize they shouldn't bother winning a round if they're only gonna deal 1-2 damage and I can deal 8-12 in one round

Still I've always had to pill up on Jautya. I wanna know what Waster's hand was and what he was facing
7/22
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 17/04/2013, 00:47

I think the point im making is that an opening round old win pretty much decided the rest of the game.... kinda silly really

no pilling all rounds should never really be a win

i repeat NO PILLING
8/22
Zincomega - Titan English
Wednesday 17/04/2013, 01:08

The only winning move is not to play!
9/22
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Wednesday 17/04/2013, 01:18

I think a well-built deck and plays rarely run into a first-turn win/lose situation. I can't really spend for DTs, because, let's be honest... When I go to DT rooms I just push buttons for the free credit (and the tiny chance of CR win, I guess.)

However, in ELO, that situation usually results either from strong poison or from a perfect-pill play that leaves one player completely unable to recover. This week, Freaks are most likely to be the cause of such incidents.

My recommendation is to pack something heavy into your decks to counter Freaks damage. FPC is great with a little bit of SoB/CoB as well as the ability to easily counter a Freaks player who overpills 1st turn. Bonus: They are great at fighting Bangers for all of the same reasons.
10/22
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Wednesday 17/04/2013, 01:19

Enlighten me why is this so important it got stickied?

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals