Berzerk In Elo (attention UR staff)

Friday 03/05/2013, 21:30
AGPrinz - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
8 messages
AGPrinz - Titan - 'AktivGaming'English - Friday 03/05/2013, 21:30

I realize that Berzerk is meant to be a t1 clan (which, makes very little sense since everyone just plays mono junta for standard, and they arent so good for t2 (all their 5 stars kind of suck aside maybe Cortez with a bonus)

In elo, their bonus is usually worse than Jungo. Yet they have much worse cards IMO.
Jean > Elvis in most cases, and Pegh / Mindy make up for the strength of Melanie. Not to mention Roger feels a little watered down against most match ups.

Currently their best cards are Elvis Melanie Lola Roger, and Miho under certain circumstances. Cortez is a mono card, yet they are not good in mono compared to La Junta. They need serious help. Konrad isnt a good card (hes reduceable).

Please change the berserk bonus to deal more damage with a higher min, or simply lower the min to 1. I just feel my favorite clan is very limited... also give them more DR or unban Spyke. (or make a new card similar to Spyke with nerfs)

2/8
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Friday 03/05/2013, 22:30

I think the Berzerk are slowly but surely getting there, they just need one really solid round-winner. You forgot Sprinter, a solid all-around card with a devastating Stop ability, and Rudy, a solid Defeat card. Konrad is actually a pretty good addition as well. He'll be reduced some of the time, sure... But unless he's up against a SoA DR or something of that sort, it is going to be hard to get him below 5-6 damage. Due to the fact that his huge gap is split between ability, bonus, and solid base damage, many cards are going to reduce him, but not many cards will reduce him enough. Think about how much harder Konrad hits against Artus or Uranus, if you get him through early on in the game.

I do agree that they desperately need a good round winner to fill the void Spyke left. They lack the 8 power SoB/CoB that FPC has. They lack the 8 power pill manip that Freaks have, and have a worse bonus. Jungo also has better round-winners and a better bonus. Spyke made Berzerk strategy well-rounded to the point of absurdity, but give them something like an 8 power with a conditional +10 attack manip and good damage, and suddenly they will be a lot more playable.
3/8
Firsta8 - Veteran English
Saturday 04/05/2013, 13:26

Yep, i completely agree with you. I find that their bonus is completely pointless when faced with clans like La Junta and Fang Pi, it basically does the same thing but you can't use it to 1hko anything and then on top of that the Berzerk cards just cannot go toe to toe with any other strong cards they become pretty much useless. Spyke being banned is just a joke, he was the biggest gamechanger in the clan and now they have nothing else like that.
4/8
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 05/05/2013, 03:18

I've seen Berzerks at the top levels of play this week, and lost to them, but generally because the players playing them are good with every clan. I have a feeling they're still okay, maybe just slightly below average. Elvis is one of the most underrated 4*, he's a round winner in itself. He's a Striker, except more solid. Melanie is also a great card, it can't be understated how well she works in certain hands, she's almost always an 8/4. Roger is cool too, and Lola will always be a classic.
5/8
Lafoote - Titan - Hip Hop Messiahz English
Sunday 05/05/2013, 03:46

I disagree that Konrad isn't good. He's sexy good! Win a second round with nearly anyone and KO. I do agree that Zerk could use a little more juice to be strong mono, but mixed with power/atk clans they can do work!
6/8
Sunday 05/05/2013, 04:00

Konrad is a good cardt! Love the hate, makes him easier to play.
7/8
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Sunday 05/05/2013, 04:37

I agree as well. Ever since Piotr came out, I've had an odd affection with poison+life reduction cards (namely due to their ability to utterly murder opponents even if they play a damage reducer). Konrad continues on this "slim" legacy, having 8 power and damage that can change games when not facing Spiaghi.

As for the whole part about Berzerk being "horrible" in elo, the comparison between them and Jungo/junta is moot, as berzerk's ability to deal 3 "damage" through dr counteracts the min they have on their bonus.
8/8
Sunday 05/05/2013, 07:02

I think the min should have been min. 1, though. Almost impossible to mono-deck these guys, and you won't want to play them in the last round looking for a KO.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals