Running penalized cards despite penalties

Friday 02/05, 03:31
Kefalo - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
48 messages
Kefalo - Titan - Casual GrindEnglish - Friday 02/05, 03:31

Ok, I've got a question for y'all - what's up with everyone running bossess despite penalties? Every other deck I run into had Ambre in it, and it kinda feels like every deck I run into without Ambre has Ambre in the deck but didn't draw her against me.

If "she's not all that good" - why are so many people using a card that's not that good and even losing points for it? If she's format warping (and she is tbh) - the penalty isn't working at all. Has anyone at all had success with her? And by sucess I mean top 10 at least?

Becaue it's getting ridiculous, people are using DT's as a venue to play leaders, on top of all the rest of the non-penalized broken bullshit. It's not that you can't play against Ambre but she turns games into coinflips and my tourney sucess had gone wildly up and down depending on how many leaders I run into.

Can anyone rationalize for a fact that it's worth playing a leaders, or -10 penalty cards in general? I've seen Koloses around, too, and why would anyone play Kolos when there's Raven and Mechakolos who are not penalized is kinda beyond me, but there's geniouses out there who still do. What's up with that? And Eklore, of all things...

Because we all know that kinda ends in tears once Hugtana starts showing up everywhere, and it's ever so fun "counter" the Hugo pirana tiny cuts. I'm honestly kind of surprised noone's been going around with a Hugo Kinichaw Hurracan deck yet.
« Previous12345Next »

41/48
wghheghfuehui - Novice English
Thursday 08/05, 06:44

Ive decided not to play dt until they put up a new..better penalty list
42/48
DA_Banana - Guru - Potato Flavored Potatoes English
Thursday 08/05, 10:17

I would exploit it
43/48
YourPetChicken - Hero - Casual Grind English
Thursday 08/05, 14:26

I'm only playing one game per tourney, halfway between abstaining and exploiting. In a recent DT, for example, I got 140 clintz for getting 26 points. Other than that, I'm not going to play DTs seriously like I used to because they are unplayable.
44/48
M-Bison - Legend - Casual Grind English
Saturday 17/05, 00:51

YourPetChicken do a DT with me
45/48
YourPetChicken - Hero - Casual Grind English
Monday 19/05, 05:02

You know what I love? Winning 6/6 games in the last ~10 minutes of a DT with a T2 Survivor deck and getting 37 points.
46/48
-kappu- - Novice English
Sunday 01/06, 18:16

I've seen people using all 4 cards elo banned in t1 dt. enjoy your -8. lol.
47/48
DUC-San - Titan - Dutch Urban Crew English
Sunday 01/06, 21:31

46: That rule was with the old DT system. The -2 penalty for every ELO banned card isn't there anymore
48/48
-kappu- - Novice English
Tuesday 03/06, 17:01

It's idiotic but let them do it and enjoy there 7-10 points for a win. they won't be making the top 25 that's for sure.

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals