Openings

Openings
Wednesday 21/01/2009, 16:10
XC Bangor - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
77 messages
Openings
XC Bangor - Titan - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Wednesday 21/01/2009, 16:10

Openings in games are very important. why this though because if you screw up your opening it could ruin your chances of winning and make it hard to win.

EVO opening- lets start with a bit of history EVO stans for evolution because back in the old days before the lost warehouse this was the play to get xp for the cards. so the combonation is like this 6pillz 0pillz 6pillz despite this being an old tactic this tactic can be still used in the game of Urban-rivals.

advantages- reliable especially with a card like Hawk (R). sets u up for 2hit kos.

disadvantages- if a person plays no pillz u are screwed. if a person does the same thing and wins u will have lost not only pillz but have at big hole in your life. dosen't work against Piranas at all with their annoying pill mulnipulation.

bluff- simply play no pillz

advantages- puts u at an almost certain advantage into the next game. if you play it right can deplete your oppenent of pillz.

disadvantages- can be predicted especially when u have a blocker in your hand. if someone plays 2-4 pillz (e.g Jackie (R) or Hawk (R)) it can considered as a loss.

high powered counterbluffing- playing a high powered card like Hawk (R) at 2pillz.

advantages- catches your oppenent out and makes him lose alot of life for only 2 pillz. if the oppenent pillz out at least u will be at an advantage next round.

continued
« Previous12345678Next »

71/77
Shovon - Master English
Thursday 14/07/2011, 18:05

Great thread
72/77
0 Pride - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 29/07/2011, 11:02

Opening rds is really one of the most impt. rd in a game because it gives you more possibilities to win a whole game, specially when you are pilling most of the time. Cards such as Lehane, life reducers such as Oxen, and some atk manip. abilities and/or clans.
73/77
Six Nations - Master - Open Casket English
Tuesday 02/08/2011, 17:22

If the opponent has no cards that pose a real threat first round, use 2 pillz, then use 2 pillz again next round if they have used 4-5 pillz, because hardly anybody pillz high next round if they have pilled high first round unless of course that is they can create a gap un-closeable or unless they can win.

This all changes with poison on the field.
74/77
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Monday 12/09/2011, 19:26

Dependant on my opponent's clan, i tend to try and use the unorthodox "anti-opening". Simply put: let's say my opponent goes first: whichever level the card they play, i play my weakest card with pills equal to 1 less than the number of stars. Usually guarantees a first-round win, and (assuming your opponent isn't a total genious), can counter most 5-star bluffs without sacrificing your best cards.
75/77
UM_Screx - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 29/01/2012, 23:48

Starter cards typically need an effect that is unpredictable, low weaknesses, and to have a good chance of advantage in later rounds. Cards like Neil and Hefty have low weaknesses, and if used well have a hard time being predicted
76/77
khalid.sadozai - Hero - lonely fighters English
Tuesday 22/05/2012, 18:12

Thank you
77/77
Ken HK - Master - - Nightmare International - English
Thursday 16/08/2012, 18:36

Have you ever had a hard choosing between Attack Manipulator or Poison the Enemy on 1st Round?
Using AM u can use low pill and hope for a win, using Poison u can maximize the damage from the Poison.

It hurts a lot to lose the 1st round by 1 less Attack such as 20 vs 21 for example.
It's annoying when enemy use Pills Manipulator cuz u don't know if how many pill they'd use.
If u lose they get more pills or u have less pills, if u win u may Over Pill which is sad... Of cuz u want to win by 1 Attack higher than enemy. Or Win with similar Pills spent. But this is what keeps this Guessing Game going.

« Previous12345678Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals