What was to be done?
We looked at the problem from all angles and considered various solutions such as variable banning periods, the reinsertion or banning of certain characters, a slight modification of the computing mode for the dominant clan...
We came to the conclusion that a good solution should:
- allow to exclude the most unbalanced characters
- be able to adjust swiftly to the evolution of the metagame
- take account of the opinion of ELO
Here follows the solution we went along with and which applies right away:
- the list of banished characters remains, although we are reinserting two who seem to have a place in the current metagame: Zatman
- the clan banning system entirely disappears.
- we are setting up a voting system allowing ELO
players to choose which characters will or will not be admitted to the following week's tournament.