Thursday 03/07/2008, 05:53
Fraggle - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
69 messages
New Flash, new Kate
Fraggle - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Thursday 03/07/2008, 05:53

Hello everybody,

We've just released a new flash version adding:
- specific sureshot animation for each clan (hope you like them)
- improved quickbattle

We also changed Kate's face. Before, we had 2 differents faces (one for the game, one for the website). We did like the game face but the artist who draw her is not working with us anymore and the old site's version was too agressive for our taste so we decided to create a brand new one and use it in both.
I know some of you will miss/prefer the old one of course, but we had to make a decision I'm sure you'll get use to the new friendly Kate

Best and enjoy!
« Previous1234567Next »

2/69
Mam-Lasak - Guru - Army of Elite Mercenaries Česky
Thursday 03/07/2008, 05:57

The "old" Kate is very good!
3/69
-Cypher- - Titan - Open Casket English
Thursday 03/07/2008, 05:59

Very nice indeed. I'm hoping that somewhere down the line there may actually be some sort of animated card art, I realise that it is probably a long way off yet though.
4/69
Capn Clintz - Titan English
Thursday 03/07/2008, 06:03

Not really Kate anymore, more of Erzsebet 's twin sister Erszebet.
Love the new animations though.
5/69
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Thursday 03/07/2008, 06:04

Cypher: yeah we'd love that but dont expect it really...
it would be an average of 3 animations to make per cards (average of 3 differents levels per card) * ~400 cards * 12 frames per second meaning 14400 drawings just for one second of animation per card. On top of that add 144 drawings for every 4 cards release, that isn't really doable... Already making the cards for each release take the whole 2 weeks by at least 3 artists simultaneously.
6/69
BigD54 - Hero English
Thursday 03/07/2008, 06:09

The new animations are awesome. Keep up the good work Fraggle and everyone else!!
7/69
-Cypher- - Titan - Open Casket English
Thursday 03/07/2008, 06:15

That's why I said a long way off...
If the characters were designed as vectors then that would decrease the amount of labour involved (by using tweens and scripting), but I for that to happen every single card would need to be re-drawn (or at least traced) so that wouldn't be much of an option either. If the entire system was overhauled you could have the characters designed in 3d which would also give you far greater versatility when it comes to animation; however that would also be a very long and costly route....

The reason I said it is because at some point in the future (I'm talking years) the entire system would probably need to be overhauled to keep up with emerging technology and at that stage it might become a more feasible option.
8/69
TnT_MeRm - Moderator - TRiNiTY English
Thursday 03/07/2008, 06:37

Sample images for all the clans:
Http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj120/0UC_mermaid/Sureshot-2.jpg

Yes I have too much spare time.

Cheers,
Mermaid
9/69
Returner - Novice English
Thursday 03/07/2008, 06:43

Nice one mermaid
10/69
yaoihuntresse - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 03/07/2008, 07:09

I have to say that the Rescue one is my favorite.

« Previous1234567Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals