New tournament formats
Saturday 18/08/2007, 16:20
pumpkin - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
123 messages
New tournament formats
pumpkin - Imperator - Clint StaffEnglish - Saturday 18/08/2007, 16:20

Hello everyone,

As you know, we make modifications regularly in order to make the game better for everyone.
So, as of Monday, the daily tournaments will change:

New formats:

2 (perhaps 3) new formats will appear with the following rules: no doubles, not more than X stars, and not less than X stars.
It is much less restrictive than ELO mode, but still ensures certain balances exist between players Decks.

Addition of special rooms:

New special tournament rooms will be created for each of the new formats (not required for players of very low and high level). These rooms will be available at all times but matches will count towards tournaments only when a tournament is in progress (like the current system).

Withdrawal of the other rooms from the tournaments:

The matches in the other rooms will not count towards tournaments (even when a tournament is in progress). This is so that everyone plays under identical conditions during the tournaments.

- Lowering of level up bonus during the tournaments:

These changes are being made so that tournaments are played in a “combative” spirit and the rules of Urban are not twisted, giving an advantage too strong on certain types of “way of playing”. The bonus for leveling up a character during the tournaments will be reduced from 5 points per level at 2 points. This isn't meant as a punishment for people who played with certain styles.

Have fun!
-Pumpkin
« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

2/123
6SimS-Sven - Guru - UTOPiA English
Saturday 18/08/2007, 16:40

It buuuurns for me,OUCH,time to win 4 remaining tournaments tommorow
3/123
Mindless Mind - Legend - Open Casket English
Saturday 18/08/2007, 16:51

I don't get it properly and I am quite afraid of the result...
4/123
Apollo SAW - Titan English
Saturday 18/08/2007, 16:56

This is what a lot of players have been waiting for.

Thnx

YIPPIIIIEEE
5/123
(-M-) - Titan English
Saturday 18/08/2007, 17:31

Excellent Work , this will power up the tournaments .
6/123
DanTheTimid - Titan English
Saturday 18/08/2007, 18:41

Wow sounds very interesting, the no doubles one in particular sounds enticing to me, I'm so sick of running into decks with 3 rubies, 3 Zatman, and 2 jackies. The not more then x stars might be alright, though I find the fact that you get points based on your character's levels makes it so your best off playing lots of overly strong low levels anyway, maybe if it was based on the actual stats of your characters instead of their level then alot of the terrible cards might see more play. As for minimum stars, the only advantage I see to that is that you know you'll get decent level points for each win, I'd say its the least attractive of the 3 to me but who knows, I'd have to see it in action.

The lowered level up bonus is nice as well, at this point its so low hopefully people will stop trying to abuse leveling to get an advantage. Overal I'm very happy with this update.
7/123
Zhupons - Titan Português
Sunday 19/08/2007, 00:28

I subscribe all roselyn, definatly the decks full of the same Uppers are pretty much anoying!
8/123
ZEPPELlN - Veteran English
Monday 20/08/2007, 09:20

I don't like this very much....
9/123
ZEPPELlN - Veteran English
Monday 20/08/2007, 09:29

Isn't this why we have the level requirement for the rooms??
10/123
Apollo SAW - Titan English
Monday 20/08/2007, 10:00

Vlad

Could it be that you don't like this very much because you are one of the players that like to use 4 Zatmans and 4 Jackies in your deck ?

I think this is the best change ever in this game.

Thanks for a great game moderators.

« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals