ELO bans (conclusion)
Monday 30/08/2010, 11:47
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
114 messages
ELO bans (conclusion)
Euzebe - Legend English - Monday 30/08/2010, 11:47

Hello all,

Summer is coming to its end and our ELO ban test is ending too. We’ve noticed several things: a real change in strategies and a very different Top 10 each week.
We gathered that these changes bore fruits

We have noticed several very positives things, particularly with the use of wide variety of decks. But we also noticed negative things like the lack of clearness of ELO bans, it was a bit untidy.

Next week we will come back to a more usual ELO mode but we will add some bans. We will take some more time to work on the concept and come back with something more complete and comprehensive as soon as possible.
We will give you the list of banned characters soon.

We wanted to thank you for your involvement, your enthusiasm and your numerous comments which helped a lot.
We will review everything and come back with a much clearer system.

Have fun
« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

2/114
Sk44rl0ck-AC - Guru - aussie crusaders English
Monday 30/08/2010, 11:50

This time next week, go with unbanning all possible cards that have been banned

(and don't skip unbanning cards like Jackie and the Big 5)
3/114
Signomi - Titan - D-Versified English
Monday 30/08/2010, 12:04

Yeah, add Kerozinn Cr on that list, she's really strong...

Anyway, hope you guys learned a valuable lesson. I know I did.

ELO SUCKS WITHOUT GOOD CARDS! (And sometimes, it's not the player.)
4/114
Force Majeure - Moderator - Open Casket English
Monday 30/08/2010, 12:04

Nice.
I hope to see the new list of banned characters soon before Chuck Norris can count to infinity twice.
5/114
Six Nations - Master - Open Casket English
Monday 30/08/2010, 12:21

XD chuck norris reference ftw!
6/114
3verflow - Imperator ελληνικά
Monday 30/08/2010, 12:30

Personally , I was very fond of the summer changes in ELO in general, especially the Leader clan ban.

Leaders is the only clan that makes things uneven between players of very different levels. A level 15 player can get lucky when opening a pack and get highly priced cards which they can sell and create a deck (a friend of mine got Tanaereva which he sold and created a really nice deck), but in most cases these players won't get Morphun untill level 45. So , I would like to see the Leaders remain banned. In theory , that closes the gap between higher and lower level players and make it as narrow as it can be.

The staff banned cards should remain banned , as they were banned for a good reason.

As for the extra list of banned cards...Well, I had only few objections but in general , yes I believe it was a fair list.

Trying to observe the meta-gaming after a round of ELO , it was hard to see what people would play, especially in low ELO scores and it only became clearer at higher ELO scores (1275+) which was a bit odd as you would think that all the clans are equal in theory but that was not the case at all. What made me a bit upset though , was that 3 out of 5 players used the same deck which was a bit disappointing when looking at it from a deck-builder perspective.

That's all for now
7/114
owButtacup Ld - Veteran - ONE WORLD English
Monday 30/08/2010, 12:57

To fix the gam, i would say unban all three star Roots until ms Jeena comes out
8/114
Dr Shark - Senior - ░▒ ℋellenic ℋorde▒░ ελληνικά
Monday 30/08/2010, 13:43

@Euzebe:'a real change in strategies'??
Did you really see this?

It was a typical week with the normal meta-gaming changes not a real change in strategies.GHEIST dominated the first weeks(look at XU52 price cause everyone played GHEIST,best proof that strategies didn't change).Then Bangers Jungo and Junkz.That's all!!!

You wanna make something new to the game?Stop banning Elo cards with different ways,let them all in and let people dicide.Elo is fine like it was before.
Find a new format instead.A format that will offer to people a food for thought.A new room with new deckbuilding rules.
You must show creativity guys!Don't you see the what's happening to the top card game in the world?(not online,online is UR!)
Offer us a new idea!!!Stop changing Elo..you do nothing new this way!
Thanks!
9/114
-Te0- - Titan ελληνικά
Monday 30/08/2010, 14:02

No inspiration , nothing new, no food for thought!Again Elo changes!I play Ur for 1,5 year and the only thing i see is the way we ban Elo cards.

Give us something new.A new format!Even death-match has the same deckbuilding rules!
Why?
Well done Shark!Brilliant message!
10/114
-TCG-Rassele - Imperator - The Trend English
Monday 30/08/2010, 14:19

At first, I was against the bans;but during the test, I came to like how it turned out. There was actually more clans being played than before. My only suggestion is to lessen the bans for each clan @_@ 3 or more cards from one clan is kinda overkill imo

« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals