Battle Points and Daily Tournaments
Monday 07/12/2009, 16:43
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
250 messages
Battle Points and Daily Tournaments
Euzebe - Legend English - Monday 07/12/2009, 16:43

Hello all,

To make the Daily Tournaments (DT) even more interesting, we’ve decided to make a few changes both to how the battle points are calculated and to the DT rules.
Firstly, we’re putting in place a “Win with more than 12 Life points” bonus, which is valid in all the different game modes (except Training). The calculation is very simple: when you win a match, you receive 2 battle points for each remaining life point you have over 12.

****But be warned****, in DT the total amount of points accumulated for the "KO Bonus with remaining pillz" and the "Victory Bonus with more than 12 life points" is limited to 2 points. So, if you score a KO and you have 3 pillz and 15 life points left, you will only receive a bonus of 2 points.

Secondly, for the DT itself, we are putting in place a rule regarding characters that have been banned by staff in ELO. If you use these characters when you win a match in DT, 2 points will be removed from your final score for each banned character in your team of 4 during the match.
The final change applies to the DT only. When 2 opponents have more than 100 pts in the tournament, the time allotted to each player to play each round will be significantly reduced (in brief : the timer will be reduced when you'll reach 100 points).
We hope these changes will make the DT more challenging than ever before. These new DT rules will be released on Wednesday 12/09.

Have fun !
« Previous12345678910...2425Next »

2/250
Keelatay - Colossus - Time Conquers All English
Monday 07/12/2009, 16:56

Why is there an ELO bann punishment for DT's? Is the purpose of an ELO ban to make the cards unusable in ELO, not the other types of play? If you don't want players to use these cards then why don't you ban these cards from all standard types of play? Ridiculous.
3/250
MrkingPin_MoB - Colossus - Masters of Battle English
Monday 07/12/2009, 16:57

Wow....The staff banned rule I dont really like. Because I have CR's and use them in DT's I will lose points? IMO it's not a good thing sorry.
4/250
St3f - Guru ελληνικά
Monday 07/12/2009, 16:59

Lol ast is Fun this is for you... Nice changes bt dont kno If i trully like them... Lets hope jackies price will fall
5/250
PMS Rampage - Titan English
Monday 07/12/2009, 17:00

I agree with the Crs -2 points removed,
so long LT

I like it
6/250
0 jismark-UM - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 07/12/2009, 17:06

No more dull motana-Uppers with Vickie Cr and LT.
7/250
_wise_ - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Monday 07/12/2009, 17:18

FINALLY i can live without facing at least 15 U/M decks
8/250
LOA Daigon - Legend - Legends of America English
Monday 07/12/2009, 17:23

Greetings.

I absolutely love the timer addition. Folks who play competitively usually are seeking faster games so as to continue to play competitively. I would imagine the number of 100+ score folks who use nearly the whole (previously) allotted time are not going to be dramatically affected.

As for the "characters that have been banned by staff in ELO", perhaps I mis-read this, but I see nothing preventing the use of Collector cards. This appears to only apply to ELO-banned cards staff-banned in general: "Zatman, Ratanah, Wee Lee, Jackie, Lyse Teria Cr, Vickie Cr, Kiki Cr, General Cr, DJ Korr Cr, Tanaereva, Guru Cr, GraksmxxT, Lamar Cr, Alec Cr, Marco, Kolos, Hawk". Even weekly ELO-bans voted on don't appear to be affected.

My two cents. I'm glad that some of the long-standing concerns continue to be addressed, proving once again that nothing is impossible. It may take a while, but things can and will always get better and better. ;-]

Daigon, the Optimist.
9/250
Dregn - Legend - URBAN MADNESS Deutsch
Monday 07/12/2009, 17:27

Thanks! Finally a serious try to make tournaments more challenging!

Very interesting new ideas. I especially like the idea to reduce the game time and the - 2 points rule for every Elo banned card. Tournaments used to be so boring with Jackie, Zatman and Vickie Cr all the time, it was only about Uppers / Montana.
10/250
FAST IS FUN - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 07/12/2009, 17:32

To paraphrase Samuel Clemens, the rumors of the Uppers demise have been greatly exaggerated. Same for Montana. While four cards - Lyse Teria Cr, Vickie Cr, Jackie, Zatman - with a -2 penalty may be too many to compete effectively, Lyse/Vickie and Jack/Zat combos will still run rampant in mono-clan decks.

« Previous12345678910...2425Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals