Setting the record straight

Friday 16/07/2010, 11:54
Goralion - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
153 messages
Goralion - Admin - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Friday 16/07/2010, 11:54

Although the Vortex made a big impact, they failed in their initial plan to wipe out the other clans on arrival and now the clans are starting to fight back. So, while the Vortex welcome new comers Dagg and C Wing to their ranks, the Sentinel sign up Katja and the Rescue recruit Cliff. The clans of Clint City haven’t said their last word...
Get these characters in the shop’s packs.
« Previous12345678910...1516Next »

31/153
-Argos-ZS - Titan - D-Versified English
Saturday 17/07/2010, 01:59

Okay, I think Force has it backwards. Sure, some cards are great to have on you against C Wing, but that's only cards that negate his damage somehow (Kenny Sigma Sylth Aylen) or do so much damage that you don't care (Kolos or General Cr). So you better be lucky with your hand, or else C Wing will eat you. So yes, please go on. Armanie and Lelena aside, there aren't that many cards for you to list. As for Naginata and Baldovino (and the pill players in general), they aren't smiling so much as scratching their head. They are simply reduced from their current position as pill forcers, and are blocked from reaching full potential.
32/153
Puddin Tame - Guru English
Saturday 17/07/2010, 02:33

@GioYNWA, well, it is possible I am under rating her but I don't see it yet. To me she looks only moderately better than Carlos and yet worse than Dayton. Which isn't that good considering Dayton is just a mediocre card people have to use to go along with Lehane and Copper.

I agree that cards shouldn't get better and better with each release but it seems like she is weaker than what is already there in what is already one of the weaker clans. Similar to Zhang.
33/153
AllKnowingGod - Senior - Vicious Salvo English
Saturday 17/07/2010, 03:37

@ Force Majeure are you being serious right now...he is all and mighty C Wing as a filler in a La Junta or fang pi deck =A FULL DECK OF Kolos!!!!!! even deadly with Kolos because they have GREAT power and abilities and with Ambre in there its over all you have to do is lose the first round with him they are down to 10 life...just fury your 8 damage..even if you dont great bluff great time to use all but 2 pillz on instead of furying =o..reminds me of a card that i know oh so well from the prehistoric ages and if im fighting Kolos and have C Wing its a garunteed win cause id obv pill..when they expect me not to ..same with the other cards you mention..1 or 2 pillz on this guy and their big card is out of the game
34/153
TheTopHat - Veteran - Open Casket English
Saturday 17/07/2010, 04:56

Anyone thinking putting C Wing in a Rescue deck with Cliff?lol
35/153
kTizzle(TCA) - Imperator - Time Conquers All English
Saturday 17/07/2010, 07:22

Not a good idea because you lose 3 attack
36/153
Force Majeure - Moderator - Open Casket English
Saturday 17/07/2010, 07:28

@ Argos and AllKnowingGod

"Okay, I think Force has it backwards. Sure, some cards are great to have on you against C Wing, but that's only cards that negate his damage somehow (Kenny Sigma Sylth Aylen) or do so much damage that you don't care (Kolos or General Cr). So you better be lucky with your hand, or else C Wing will eat you."

You don't need to be lucky to know that an early advantage is an early advantage. I'd gladly give you a 6 damage or a poison or a good life gap or pillz reduction compared to the 2 that I'll take anytime any day. Put yourself in an advantage compared to the life gap or damage you can inflict on the sacrificed C Wing and the C Wing owner will have problems of his own. How can a -2 life eat me? really? unless there's a 1 hitter there which of course I'll already be expecting..Kolos? Already expected. Already prepared. And you say there aren't many cards to list? Actually, staples in decks already pose a problem for C Wing. Even Jessie would nullify this card and instead of taking 2 life, it is nullified and you'd be the one taking 2 life. Would your C Wing take a 9 damage from Avola readily? Even if you have Kolos, the Montana user will probably have a Spiaghi or an Ottavia or a Uranus or SOA, etc. So what use is Kolos really? You say there are 8 damagers? Then you'd already expect them to fury or at least pill 1 or a little more or hit hard instead of using fury. Again. Slightly predictable. For one, C Wing needs to be lucky as well and needs to have a heavy hitting company in your hand so he can be used effectively but then again your heavy hitter will already be expected by your opponent when they see both in your hand.

As for Naginata and Baldovino..
"they aren't smiling so much as scratching their head. They are simply reduced from their current position as pill forcers, and are blocked from reaching full potential."

Really?! You seriously think so?! -5 opponent pillz and 7 heavy damage and Naginata will be the one scratching her head when the owner will be taking only 2 life and you gain a pill which will also be reduced by Naginata's ability? Seriously?
And Baldovino? Not only do you get to take 6 damage reducing your life in half, you also probably get poisoned and your pillz reduced. And for what? For 2 life points taken away from me? Ah yes, I get it now, Naginata and Baldovino will be scratching their heads thinking "Hmm..ah well..he freely accepted a heavy hit, not my problem, deal with it."

"Force Majeure are you being serious right now...he is all and mighty C Wing as a filler in a La Junta or fang pi deck =A FULL DECK OF Kolos!!!!!! even deadly with Kolos because they have GREAT power and abilities and with Ambre in there its over all you have to do is lose the first round with him"

No, I don't have it backwards, to use C Wing at full effect, a player must lose first. You just don't attack with a 6 power card with no modifiers so you get to nullify a nuke card with a bluff. GHEIST, Roots, All Stars, Uppers, Montana, etc. easily kills this 6 power card. 6 power? no problem, that card is a sitting duck waiting to get sacrificed to cards with nasty abilities. Again, in order for the -2 life and + pill to happen, it means you must take a hit first. If his ability was -2 life min. 0 then yes, I'll gladly accept that he's an almighty broken card. But at his current state? No. And another no, a wise player won't overpill or put less pillz against that card knowing it might just be a bluff, a wise player would put sufficient pillz to get his attack through to get the advantage or you waste enough pillz for his measly 3 damage. 6 power is not much, even a few pillz on a bomb card and C Wing will have problems bluffing in trying to kill a nuke card. Either way C Wing is easily defeated and the point is it will hurt you first and it might hurt bad more than it can help. IMO, 2 life and a pill is just not worth taking a free hit..specially when a player has damage reducers in hand to expect the next move of the C Wing owner. Kolos for the C Wing combo finisher? Hello damage reducer. Hello SOA.

"all you have to do is lose the first round with him"

Yeah..lose a first round to a Kolos by taking a free hit. Good tactic there. Not the only one with the Kolos here.
or lose to a first round life gainer then defend so the C Wing owner gets problems finishing off things making him predictable.
or lost to a first round pillz reducer to get the C Wing owner in a pillz disadvantage.
or poison your opponent and defend with your DRs.

"just fury your 8 damage"

Yeah, assuming your opponent is also willing to take a hit. Who would be willing to take a free hit?
37/153
timmy124 - Veteran English
Saturday 17/07/2010, 08:07

Still no Uppers.
thanks for the love *sigh*
38/153
AllKnowingGod - Senior - Vicious Salvo English
Saturday 17/07/2010, 08:19

Well for 1 U DONT HAVE TO USE HIM AS A COURAGE CARD ...im not a noob and people using him for the turn 8 damage cards into Kolos reason arnt noobs either if they have the brain to think of it..you prob are one of those people that dont use cards bc of soa..YOU DONT HAVE TO COURAGE EVERY CARD ONLY 2 AT THE MOST!!! =o its called a suprise =) why would you honestly courage a card like this??? riddle me that xD you wouldnt =) they dont know what you are going to do you dont throw this card at them and be like here have your way with it NEWS FLASH he doesnt have pillz on him so you shouldnt have problems HINT HINT xDD.and for that reason your +life card reasonings are stupid..and so is poison..who cares if you posion me in round 2 or 3 the batlle is over...if i have Kolos Ambre and cwing in my hand and youre going first what are you gonna do?? nothing.. its game over..end of story...in survivor no pillz..in elo expect pillz bc he is gonna sneak up on you and make you waste the best card in your hand =p dont underestimate C Wing...he just turned this game upside down
39/153
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Saturday 17/07/2010, 08:40

C Wing is a good card, not game breaker i dont think, but definitely a card that can force opponents to think hard if they are the ones playing first.

Having C Wing in your hand means you opponent may have to open the game aggressively with a threatening card.... a weak opening play or a typical opener like Sasha or Lea is no longer an option when facing C Wing.

now if we combine C Wing with another card with a nasty ability, SOA or a good DR, then the opponent will really have a tough choice to make

overall Vortex ability/bonus makes SOB/SOA more attractive to use, which in turn makes Skeelz more playable, which in turn makes attack manipulation clans more playable.. the circle of UR life
40/153
Zhudac - Hero English
Saturday 17/07/2010, 08:44

@AllKnowingGod

Would you use Kolos when Striker is waiting for him on the other side? The answer is no. Now, think would I 5-pill Gibson when I see C Wing? No, I wouldn't. I'm sorry, but stop screaming "OMG! OP!!!" for everything new you see. You have never even seen him in use. Seriously, stop overreacting. You're not some omniscient diety you claim to be...

« Previous12345678910...1516Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals