Setting the record straight

Friday 16/07/2010, 11:54
Goralion - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
153 messages
Goralion - Admin - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Friday 16/07/2010, 11:54

Although the Vortex made a big impact, they failed in their initial plan to wipe out the other clans on arrival and now the clans are starting to fight back. So, while the Vortex welcome new comers Dagg and C Wing to their ranks, the Sentinel sign up Katja and the Rescue recruit Cliff. The clans of Clint City haven’t said their last word...
Get these characters in the shop’s packs.
« Previous12345678910...1516Next »

41/153
Force Majeure - Moderator - Open Casket English
Saturday 17/07/2010, 11:02

@ AllKnowingGod

My + life reasoning is stupid? Yeah right. A + life reasoning is stupid against the "almighty C Wing". Might as well call every other opinions that puts C Wing into a disadvantage as stupid ideas since you hold this card dearly. You don't even own a C Wing, all you have is a Chwing. Have you even tested your theory against a player that isn't actually a newbie? You hold your theory on paper, you haven't tested it around and you say that my idea is stupid and what is yours? supreme? Get a C Wing first, then test it against actually experienced players and come back at me with real results before you say my idea is stupid. C Wing is not a game breaker, sac-cards are no game breakers unless there is higher advantage than just 2 life and a pill. A sacrifice is not worth it for just that. I've played a whole lot of card games in my life and a sacrifice card is no game winner. You will get hit before you hit back and in most cases, the first blood is more painful than your next move (a next move without assurance of going through as planned). Do you even get me? You have already been hit with a bullet while you are still planning to hit your opponent back, that is "if" you can hit him back as hard.

you were talking about:
"if i have Kolos Ambre and cwing in my hand and youre going first what are you gonna do?? nothing.. its game over..end of story.."
Ambre, C Wing, and Kolos in hand, whatever the 4th card is, it still makes your hand slightly predictable. Those there are two sacrifice cards in hand in the form of Ambre and C Wing. Kolos is obviously an attacker. This hand is not almighty, this hand won't make me say I quit. This hand very very obviously doesn't spell "game over". More like: "Yeah! Somehow I know what's gonna happen, fat chance I'm winning against a predictable hand like this".
That hand obviously holds no surprises at all, it's one of those obviously "I know what's on this player's mind" slightly predictable hands. You don't need a genius to help you determine what's gonna happen with a hand like that. And when it happens, you don't need a genius to tell you that a damage reducer, a SOA, or a pill for pill fight is waiting for your Kolos. What are the chances that you're going to get all three in the same hand anyway? commonly 8 cards in a deck? How many times would you expect a hand like that in 10 fights? How many experienced players do you think will not know what to do when they see that hand? Of course they'd know what to do, it's a predictable hand. The moment you see those cards lined up you know what's gonna happen.
42/153
kazjun - Titan - aussie crusaders English
Saturday 17/07/2010, 12:21

I think you also got to consider if they bluff C Wing as well. I mean if they throw him out and you try to get a cheap hit on him with 0-1 pills, and they suddenly pill him you just lost your heavy hitter. Or if they have Kolos. What if its the ambre'd Kolos that's a bluff? They throw him out there with 10 power and no pills? You use all your pills to beat him then they got fury on Ambre and the leftover card to finish you off.

Course you can go SOA or DR the Kolos but you have always been able to SOA or DR Kolos and he's permabanned still anyway. Same with say marco or Alec Cr. DR or SOA them and they're useless but they're still considered strong enough to permaban. I don't mind C Wing so much, its just the options he opens makes quite a few cards or the ban list seem that they shouldn't be on there I guess.
43/153
TheTopHat - Veteran - Open Casket English
Saturday 17/07/2010, 12:34

Chill down guys!

I can say one thing, and it's for sure..
C Wing is already released and we can't do anything about it and..... C Wing is a real good card but have some disadvantages.
i also agree with FM, how about:
1st round: you played C Wing and your opp plays Ghumbo w/ 2 pillz(including 1 free). you eat 7 damage while your opp takes 2.
2nd round: your opp plays Oshitsune and you can't do anything but lose by KO.

so C Wing isn't really an op card. he really has some disadvantages.
44/153
Saturday 17/07/2010, 14:28

@ kazjun

Experienced players will know what to do. Most of the time they will not overpill, they will not panic, they will expect the expected. You can't even bluff with C Wing with that 6 power. It's just low for a card with no power/attack modifier. It will be hard for C Wing to take out nukes with just a mere 6 power. The Kolos / Ambre bluff also has been discussed before, SOA and DRs will stop the pain and you will be left with weaker-than-Kolos cards for the rest of the match. Why overpill to beat a Kolos when you can reduce his damage with a good DR or SOA?

@ AllKnowingGod
Now for what you said earlier..
"if i have Kolos Ambre and cwing in my hand and youre going first what are you gonna do?? nothing.. its game over..end of story.."

I have to say yes, game over, probably game over for you and your predictable hand. Let's say for example I have a weak hand of Wendel, Rubie, and Uranus with me. I put out Wendel first..the question fires back at you, what will you do? I thought it's game over already? Will you sac Ambre? or would sac your precious C Wing? how about powerful Kolos? Let's say it's your turn now, who will you put out? What will you do with your Ambre + Kolos combo now that you know a lot of cards can stop him? I have Uranus and Rubie left with me. What will you do? I guess it's not game over yet. And I don't even have a staple Jackie or GraksmxxT in my hand, what if I did? Wherever there's Kolos, you should expect that the environment also have staples like Hawk, Uranus, GraksmxxT, Jackie, Striker, and so on and so forth.
Want another example with a half-deck of Charlie at 4* only, a Yayoi at 3* only, and Ella?
Want another with Niva, Psylo, Pegh, and Ongh?
I can go with Dwan, Deebler, Redra, and Liam?
Let's not forget the good damage reducing Sakrohms?
How about the good SOA cards from Uppers?

Saying: "what are you gonna do?? nothing.. its game over..end of story.." is a weak way of telling us your point. I just laid out some examples and your "it's game over theory" just went out the window.
45/153
Zhudac - Hero English
Saturday 17/07/2010, 14:28

Since when did trading 5-6 life for 2 life and 1 pill become OP? As for the easier KO argument, I can just 0-pill my Rowdy and proceed to wipe the floor with Striker or something on the next round. You've got me at 10 life and you have a Wardom, plus one more pill. Congratulations, my Noodile will have fun dismantling your supposedly godly strategy... If I were to guess, I'd put my money on that you were one of the people complaining about the Vortex bonus
46/153
kazjun - Titan - aussie crusaders English
Saturday 17/07/2010, 17:26

Oh, its not something you should try all the time to win with a card with 6 power. But don't go making it like its impossible. I've KO'ed quite a few people with Uranus who's got a crappy 5 power. It's about getting people when they're not expecting it. With the way everyone's going on here, it seems like nearly everyone's expecting a no pill C Wing, which just means that most won't pill heavily against him. I'd bet you'd be able to sneak wins with him for only a few pills a couple of times.

As for Kolos, yeah DR and SOA beats him. Like it has since the day he first came out. Yet why is he still banned then when there are such easy counters? My point is that if this type of play is considered fine, then the ban list should be reset within a few weeks. Many of those cards were overpowered two years ago, nowadays not really so much. But if this kind of play isn't considered fine, then C Wing is just making more cards into Kolos.
47/153
Hula_Daisy - Colossus - Immortality English
Saturday 17/07/2010, 17:54

This should have been an all Vortex Release
48/153
Saturday 17/07/2010, 18:04

Uranus can't even be compared to C Wing. Not even close.

Have you even read my card comment for Uranus from years ago? Uranus can reduce 5 damage min. 1, Uranus has a -8 opp attack min. 3 bonus. Uranus has decent damage that can even reduce opponent's life in half with fury. She can be used as a splendid attack / bluff / defend card. Uranus is already a proven versatile card compared to a C Wing sacrifice card. A sac-card just isn't scary compared to what Uranus can do. Is C Wing that flexible to be even worthy to get a comparison to Uranus? No. And about power, Uranus just doesn't have crappy power, 5 power is pretty low but she's a very effective attack / bluff / defend card because of her ability and bonus paired with decent damage. Even Rubie has a measly 5 power but she's still an effective card. What about C Wing? What can C Wing bring to the table to make him an effective bluff card? 6 power and 3 damage? I'd just let this card through, SOA it, or pill enough for my card to win and gain an early advantage, will you pill hard on your C Wing just to beat a nuke card when there are other nuke cards or efficient cards in my hand? Either I'd willingly take that 3 damage and you'd waste your pillz beating a card of mine to my pill advantage or your C Wing takes a hit. A sac-card will always be a sac-card. Yes you can KO with Uranus, it is very well documented and not rare, pretty common actually, but to compare C Wing to Uranus? Can C Wing even be used regularly as a KO card or a finisher like Uranus? No. Not unless your opponent's life would regularly go down to 3-5.

As for Kolos..why is he still banned when there are easy counters? Every card can counter this or that card, that card is weak against this or that card and so on. Decisions are made to put balance in ELO. Would you want to un-ban General Cr as well since there are such easy counters like the whole All-Stars clan or the Uppers and Montana bonus, and so on? How about Zatman and Lyse Teria Cr? Why not un-ban them as well since there are damage reducers out there anyway? C Wing is making more cards into Kolos? How about Hammer is making every other card a finisher? or how about Angie is making every other card a finisher? or.....
49/153
Edon EG - Imperator Română
Saturday 17/07/2010, 18:22

Angry mod at 10 o' clock
50/153
Saturday 17/07/2010, 18:29

Psychic powers at 10 o' clock
I cannot even tell if someone is laughing or crying at the other end of the computer.

« Previous12345678910...1516Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals