22 messages
Strategy?
Kate - Urban Rivals Staff English - Friday 09/09/2011, 05:35

What's strategy?
« Previous123Next »

11/22
AmberRed1994 - Imperator - Limit Break English
Monday 19/09/2011, 05:57

Hmm. In laymen's term it just means a tactic. A plan you have in your mind that helps you to win. So literally anything is a strategy. As an example, what if tissue paper doesn't work? Using water to wash it off instead is also a strategy.
12/22
A Unicron - Imperator - Vengeful Little Ponies English
Monday 19/09/2011, 07:59

"So if A beats B. B beats C. C beats A.

If I make a plan to go A, A, C, A. That's a strategy?"

Yes, but there are more than just A, B and C in UR. Ultimately it comes down to chance/luck, yes - undeniably; But how you play your hand against a known hand can make victory less reliant on luck.
13/22
Reaperis WMD - Veteran English
Tuesday 20/09/2011, 15:16

I can see only first turn as mostly luck- maybe 70% skill and 30% luck. 2nd turn still has some luck, and last 2 turns are entirely strategy and psychology. So your strategy plays a big role.
14/22
Medivh - Guru English
Tuesday 20/09/2011, 16:35

Strategy is selling all your cards to me for 50 clintz, then dancing in front of your computer. I've heard it makes you win alot.
15/22
Carnage_Time - Imperator - D-Versified English
Wednesday 21/09/2011, 03:19

Last two turns are all luck, we both got 6 pills. We both have 2 cards left with average damage. What do you do? HOPE (Luck) i do as you expect. Or HOPE(Luck) i make a mistake. It's all luck. That's all.
16/22
yoyomoer_xD - Hero Español
Wednesday 21/09/2011, 06:31

In my opinion the first turn is the most luck based, because you don't know what your opponent plays like, you can just guess what your opponent might try to do depending on his cards and yours. Second is the most important one, because you are either at a disadvantage (less life/pillz, poisoned, etc) or have the advantage so you have to play according to that. The last 2 turns depend on the outcome of the second one: your opponent might be on a checkmate position where you just have to play your pillz correctly to win; you are dead and all you can do is hope your opponent makes a mistake because you have little or no chance to win; or you 2 are even, then it becomes most of the time a 50/50 guess.
17/22
PillWork4Food - Master English
Wednesday 21/09/2011, 17:40

So I'm confused. Which is more luck based, the first turn or the last two turns. It seems like people disagree on which of those is luck based.
18/22
NewHuy - Master English
Thursday 22/09/2011, 15:07

@Medivh: too bad Kate already employed that strategy, didn't seem to work out for her, never seen Kate in top ELO or tourney lol

There is a certain amount of luck involve in playing a card, but with more calculation (and the cards to back it up), you can tilt the balance of luck
19/22
-sCapeg0d- - Titan - Limit Break English
Friday 23/09/2011, 02:09

@NewHuy: lmao

@Wrekx: I agree with yoyomoer_xD with the only exception of the first round being based on luck. it would be 80% strategy and 20% luck on the first round, case in point, you never blind-pill during the first round and pray that you win (do you? )
20/22
0 Pride - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 23/09/2011, 10:21

He deleted his acct.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals