If you will be making a card on this game, what will it be? 5

Thursday 11/08/2011, 13:31
Six Nations - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
2500 messages
Six Nations - Guru - Open CasketEnglish - Thursday 11/08/2011, 13:31

Create your own card! Any ideas, just post em!

Originally created by 6SimS-Sven followed by Mr Intelijent then by Edon EG and then by SadisticCynic

To start us off:
Kimi
4*
7/4 -3 opp damage min 1
bio-The third member of the Circle of Assasins, Kimi is a master of acupuncture and can throw a needle faster than you can blink, a quick shot to the jugular and you're dead.
« Previous12...195196197198199200...249250Next »

1971/2500
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 21:37

@mahawirasd: I think it should be universal, raising and lowering all maxes and mins on your side. That way it could be useful with things like Defeat: - Life abilities, as well. That would give it a lot of interesting tactical uses!

One more new ability for another new Ld.

Stun: If this card wins the round, the opponent's next card played is reduced in Power and Damage by X, with a Min of 1.

Jae Hoon Ld
Vortex
4*
8/5
Stun 1 (So if Jae Hoon wins, the opponent's next card played suffers -1 Power and Damage, Min 1)

Tae Kwon Do champ Jae Hoon left the All Stars after his friendly rivalry with Oyoh turned bitter. Swearing revenge on the man he could not beat in a fair fight, Jae Hoon snuck into a Vortex time portal... A few weeks later he emerged much older and quite changed, with half his body turned to crimson glass. Due to years of intense high-gravity training, Jae Hoon's kicks can now open small rifts in time itself. He may still not be Oyoh's equal, but boy, does he have a nasty surprise in store for him!
1972/2500
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 22:43

*wouldn't give you much. Between mistakes like that and constantly mispelling Sakrohm, I must look so stupid.

I worry that baton-passing cards might make the game unnecessarily complex. It'd also be hard to balance, I think. Seeing as it could create devastating combos (and not just with confidence cards) that have few weaknesses. It's basically giving your next card a third effect.

Ex: You hit with Jae Hoon, then follow up with Dagg with fury. If your opponent doesn't have a DR, they have to fight a +12 attack with one less power on their card. If they do beat it, you get your pillz back and took one less damage.

That's just the Vortex. Think how devastating this kind of ability could be in the All Stars or Uppers. It could be okay in clans like Berzerk, where the bonuses are less useful, or Frozn, where it contradicts, but an ability that helps you keep winning after you win sounds like it would control the entire match.
1973/2500
awilly - Hero - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 06/12/2012, 00:10

Traven
Frozn
3* Rare

5/5
Ability: Support: +1 Power

Marse
Pussycats
7/3
4* Uncommon
Ability: Support: +1 LIfe

Lenz
Rescue
2* Rare
6/3
Ability: +1 Pillz per Damage

Sceeler
Vortex
3* Common
7/3
Ability: -8 Opp Attack Min. 5
1974/2500
Thursday 06/12/2012, 00:16

@TheDoomBug:

IMO, combos this powerful are already pretty abundant in the game, not to mention cards that can 1HK0, or do 12+ points of gap single-handedly. A single life-per-damage card can outgap the combo in your example.

You're correct in saying "It's basically giving your next card a third effect," however, that is at the cost of an effect for the first card. So, the number of effects overall remains the same.

Just my two cents, of course... It'd be hard to see how it all shakes out without getting a chance to see something like that in game.
1975/2500
Thursday 06/12/2012, 03:53

Those 1hko cards and life per damage cards also face (temp)banning and penalties. I admit I didn't use a perfect example and that it isn't totally overpowered, but it still seems unnecessary and potentially gamebreaking. Stun 2 would be -2PaD on top of whatever ability and bonus the next card has. The opponent HAS to stop that from activating or be willing to Tank both rounds. As soon as one card becomes the center point of the match, that's when things get iffy. It's an ability that has scary possibilities.
1976/2500
Thursday 06/12/2012, 04:26

True enough, but such synergies do exist in the game already. C Wing's defeat + Wardom, or Leela/Tino and Tsubame (a combo that potentially enables 1HKO even in ELO mode,) Eloxia and Jay, the list goes on and on and on...

IMO Stun 2 or 3 would be reserved for much weaker cards, like unassisted 7 powers, or maybe decent round winners that have very low damage.
1977/2500
Thursday 06/12/2012, 06:15

I do like how you sited defeat-based combos; it helps point out weaknesses in Stun that help balance it. It's a gambler's ability, really. I suppose I'm just overly cautious about baton-pass cards.

Turagddore
5* Vortex
8/4
Burn 2, Min 6
I'm sorry.
1978/2500
Thursday 06/12/2012, 23:12

Here's a potentially game-breaking ability idea.

N2 Sinker
5* La Junta
6/1
Support: Copy Bonus

In mono, this card uses your opponent's bonus x4. This means the card is an extreme glass cannon against after-round clans and a mighty wall against power/attack clans.

All Stars -8 Opp Power, Min 1
Bangers + Ulu Watu 14/3
Berzerk -8 Opp Life, Min 2
Fang Pi Clang + La Junta 6/11
Freaks Poison 8, Min 3
Frozn Revenge: +8 Power and Damage (We have a winner) That's 14/11 with revenge.
Junkz + Sentinel +32 attack
Jungo +8 Life
Montana -48 opp attack, Min 8 You'll have to use a few pillz to make this work.
Pussycats -8 Opp Damage, Min 1
Rescue Support: Support: Attack +3 So, +48 attack?
Sakrohm -32 opp attack, Min 3
Uppers -40 opp attack, Min 3
Vortex Defeat: Recover 8 pillz out of 3 Use no pillz, gain back 3? Use 2 pillz, gain 8. Hello broken match.
GHEIST, Roots, and Skeelz 6/3 with no ability
Piranas + Nightmare 6/3 Bonus Protected
1979/2500
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 06/12/2012, 23:45

@Doom
Freaks would still be Poison 2 min 3, it would just be inflicted four times in a row.
1980/2500
Friday 07/12/2012, 01:38

The way I was looking at it was Support: Poison 2, Min 3. I know that having Poison as both ability and bonus negates one, but Support should count as a singular poison. Until we see a Support: Poison/Heal, we won't know for sure if it's even possible.

« Previous12...195196197198199200...249250Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals