Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Quick note: Urban Rivals for Android is available (as beta) !

Wednesday 25/01/2012, 23:25
Fraggle - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
80 messages
Fraggle - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 25/01/2012, 23:25

Hi,

If you own an Android phone and you are eagerly waiting for the Urban Rivals app, you'll be happy to know that we just release the first dedicated version of the game in the Android Market!
Just search for it and you shall find it

It's the same version as the web game, but packaged as an installable self-contained mobile app, optimized for mobile (bigger buttons etc..) and with some added features like an integrated shop, and ways to buy credits directly inside the app, a cache system for images etc..
We support purchase thru text message, debit/card with Zong and free credits by downloading other games/apps with Tapjoy (like we used to have on the iphone until Apple decided otherwise).

It needs an Android handset capable of supporting Adobe Air (basically: flash), you can find a list there: http://www.adobe.com/flashplatform/certified_devices/smartphones.html but i'm not sure how often they update it.

We hope you'll like this app and that it will work flawlessly on your favorite Android device.

Enjoy!

Fraggle
« Previous12345678Next »

41/80
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Thursday 02/02/2012, 13:05

Firstly, I really do appreciate this has been done, been waiting for this for absolutely ages...

It's just that after all this time the app really feels undercooked. It's nowhere near as well made as the iOS version. I understand you had trouble porting the iOS version, which was a real shame as that app is absolutely fantastic, and that this version is in beta so there will be improvements made, and I hope people here won't jump on me for being overly negative.

The combat is great, and most of the presentation is brilliant, but certain aspects like the deck building sections are too fiddly. The iOS view on deck creation is brilliant and lets you zoom enough to see all details without straining, on the android version it's very difficult to make out all the details and the resolution looks really low.

For reference, I'm playing on an HTC Desire. Is it much better on other devices at all?

I need to spend some more time with it to give proper feedback. Overall it works nicely, but there's lots of room for improvements. I'm still considering getting an iPhone as my next phone simply for the UR app. Hoping the android will catch up before I have to turn to the dark side...

Cheers!
42/80
WMD Raven - Hero - Wise Men Distracted English
Saturday 04/02/2012, 16:34

One little detail, in the combat options I haven't seen the ability to disable the "free pillz" which are a little confusing for me. In the browser flash combat we have this option.
43/80
LuckyXAlice - Titan - The Unfound Effort English
Sunday 05/02/2012, 01:55

When will this be available on tablets for android?
44/80
XC-MeRLiN - Legend - E X C A L I B U R Русский
Thursday 09/02/2012, 12:19

Alice, the android version is already available in the app market. See my post 35 in this thread for details.
45/80
Gen_Grievous - Titan - FLiCKERS English
Sunday 12/02/2012, 14:21

I found one that works with the Kindle Fire, but the graphics were a bit hazy.
46/80
brahmaman - Guru - Harbingers of Ares English
Sunday 12/02/2012, 23:28

How the market and forums are coming soon.
47/80
-27- - Titan - † OVER KILL † English
Wednesday 15/02/2012, 02:58

I downloaded and installed the app for my Sony xperia Neo V. and it worked fine but there's a lot of questions on my mind specially on its permissions. hope the creator can answer:
IS IT SAFE? meaning no virus, spams of some sort specially the sticky broadcast part, and the phone state and identity part, i hope you will not steal valuable personal infos..
SERVICES THAT COST YOU MONEY.. i buy credits thru paypal but in my PC but not on my phone (app), as long as I'm not buying thru the app. there will be no cost right? i mean no hidden charges,
YOUR MESSAGES - Do i really have to receive SMS messages from you? or why do you have to delete messages from my phone? is it really necessary? is this different from the messages that can be found on my mailbox and guild message boards?
I downloaded the app so i can still PLAY even without a PC, so i'm very particular with the permissions. just don't want other people snooping around on my personal life. THANK YOU FOR RELEASING THE ANDROID VERSION. I'm just hoping that this App is safe for the ALL USERS. Good Job and more power. I really Love this game (besides NBA)
48/80
-27- - Titan - † OVER KILL † English
Wednesday 15/02/2012, 03:05

Another thing, regarding the STORAGE permission, what are the things that the app will write on our USB storage? and also the view network state? hope you can really elaborate the permissions and the sole content of it for the benefit of the other users that is so much particular of the safety of the app. Personally, i only download apps with at least 2 Permissions like hardware control and full internet access. other than that, i always hesitate to download apps with the permissions same on what UR app has right now... this is my first time to download with such permissions... sorry for the compulsive-obsessive reaction on this... JUST WANT TO BE SAFE.... Thank you.
49/80
naRcolic - Hero ελληνικά
Saturday 18/02/2012, 12:57

Is this app going to be updated to be viable to non-flash devices? Im owner of a Samsung Galaxy Ace and i cant install it, i think cause it doesnt support adobe flash player.
50/80
mike LoA - Senior English
Wednesday 29/02/2012, 15:03

Does it work on samsung galaxy y??

« Previous12345678Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals