A dedicated ELO clan tier list

Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18
{) - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
215 messages
{) - Veteran English - Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18

*disclamer* just to start this of i am not some pro l33t player or anything like that and this just my opinion and it is subject to change.

tier 1-

GHEIST their bonus is just so damn stong and well their cards are much better than their counterpart the Roots imo, i dont think they are the best and they have their weakness "like SoB" and their mono decks arent as stong with the recent perma banns

Montana that attack reduction is just insane, they have so many good cards like Mona, Griezzo and Spiaghi probably the best clan, makes a nice mono or half deck

Skeelz so solid good in a half deck, mono and splash does pretty much every thing. nuff said

Piranas before i get started i have to say they are my main "well used to be" their bonus is really good, clans that need it like Rescue and GHEIST are just slaughtered most of their cards have huge power, pill manipulation is real strong Scrubb can just overpill and get away with it. Only down side half deck isnt so strong imo and their perma banns really make a difference.

Vortex their clan bonus is so forgiving and allows you to make huge plays and not geting punished for it, however the main problem is their bonus doent win fights. btw they are on the edge of being top of tier 2 but im nice like that.

ok so thats the end of tier 1 i just wanna say that thats not in any order and that if your favourite clan isnt there tier 2 is still very viable they just have down sides that tier 1 dont.
« Previous12...1516171819202122Next »

141/215
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Saturday 22/12/2012, 20:15

@Kitsune:

You gave advantage to Jungo's 4s and 5s... Don't high-star cards tend to have more of an impact on any given game?

"Everyone only comes from subjectivity." I keep trying to explain that I feel that's not accurate. There are opinions regarding which clans are good, but there are also facts regarding which clans are good. I would say that the combined observations of many successful ELO players trump personal experience in this regard.

Imagine that there is a cave. You have gone in a ways, and know that it's dark inside, and that the deeper you get, the darker it seems to get.

Now imagine that you have spoken to many people who have gone further than you inside this cave... And one and all, they claim that it gets *lighter* when you get deep enough, thanks to a bio-luminescent fungus that thrives at a certain depth. Some of them have even brought back bits of this fungus, which demonstrably glows in the dark.

Does it make sense to rely on your experience, or theirs?

@TheOracle:

I think Junta is an okay clan with a few notable weaknesses. They're a KO-oriented clan in a time when most top players prefer to play a conservative game. They don't have the wide array of solid cards that are also situational round-winners that FPC has. They don't have the abundance of ELO-playable SoB that FPC has.

I have had a lot of fun mixing them with Vortex, though. Naginata wreaks unholy havoc if she's backed by Vortex 8 powers and/or attack manip.
142/215
Saintrl - Master - Bronies English
Saturday 22/12/2012, 20:44

@the oracle In ELO clans with bonuses that don't help you win the battle tend to not be as popular unless they have a long term effect like Freak's poison. The reason why the abilities and stats for La Junta may seem above average for other clans is because their bonus isn't quite as useful in ELO.
143/215
Sunday 23/12/2012, 01:48

@Saintrl:

Tell that to all these Jungo I'm fighting.
144/215
0_4DPaladin - Veteran English
Sunday 23/12/2012, 01:59

"...Piranas characters that I would never use such as Ector, Selma and Raeth."

*facepalm*
145/215
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Sunday 23/12/2012, 03:59

Lol Ector Selma Raeth? they are like staples/semi-staples dude.... its not ALL bout pillz manipulation
146/215
Sunday 23/12/2012, 04:49

Yeah, I didn't even see that part. I am now starting to think that this is just some kind of epic attempt at trolling. Ector, Selma, and Raeth are not just "staples," they are some of the best cards in that clan. These are all solid cards that can deliver good damage and all have some additional utility. Ector is the only one who has a significant weakness (ability SoA,) but he makes up for it by being able to go through DR.
147/215
Saintrl - Master - Bronies English
Sunday 23/12/2012, 05:11

@ghelas

Jungo's bonus helps in the long term because if they win it's like they're getting 2 advantages at once.
First they get that +2 life creating a life gap just from that (similar to getting +2 damage).
Second that +2 life means that that is 2 less life you get to deal when you get a hit in the next turn.

The Jungo bonus is essentially a win-conditional DR with the additional effect of creating a life gap of 2 making Jungo ideal for conservative play in ELO.

@the oracle

I agree, also I don't get what Kitsune mean by saying Selma was an average card. They may be average cards to one person but to someone with skill, that can be turned to a advantage in conjunction with other cards. Also pillz manip is what lets the other cards in Piranas without pillz manip shine like Raeth. In the world of atk manip having one extra pill widens the gap even further making atk manip that much more dangerous. Ector is the DR resistance Piranas need as well as dealing out the extra damage that is needed in Piranas (of those that would typically be played).
148/215
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Sunday 23/12/2012, 08:00

^ lol ur Jungo bonus analogy is... pretty bad??

lol Jungo bonus is about as good as as La Junta bonus. pretty much the same, except for low damage output cards suffer less from DR. however, Jungo will suffer more from poison, so all in all pretty much the same. 14 life makes it so that +2 damage is not as useful because kos are less threatening, otherwise those 2 clans used to be pretty strong.

i think La Junta lacks versatility as someone has pointed out. honestly, unbanning emeth (dont just fire at me straight away) will bring back la juntas and I dont see how he is THAT op anymore now that kos are less of an option. i mean he is just slightly better than Troompah? or UR should give them a solid attack manipulation so that they are back in ELO.
149/215
-Montrosity- - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 23/12/2012, 12:19

Just saying Jungo's weakness is poison is kinda lacking, as it doesn't kill how players use Jungo. But one distinctive advantage, Jungos have is that they go past heal cards.

Heal Cards go past high damage cards
Poision Cards go past low damage cards/ DRs

Btw, how is All Stars ranked in this tier list?
150/215
wats_happenin - Titan - Casual Grind English
Sunday 23/12/2012, 14:26

Why does this kitsune guy say so many randomly weird things?

I would say Comeatme rated Nightmare so highly because they are useable week in week out with Azel's ban only having a slight limiter on them.

I mean I'm not saying your wrong (well I am actually) but claiming that Raeth, Ector and Selma are average just nullifies any argument you put up really in relation to the Piranas

I would say the tier's can be less subjective and more 'What clans we actually face in ELO all the time, every week, regardless of bans'. I see Junkz every single week in force as well, As for Sakrohm I may see them once in a blue moon, even when Uranus is unbanned they aren't out in droves

Anyway @oracle the reason La Junta isn't used comes down to the meta being 'block/force pillz with lower stars, hit hard with high stars'

Unfortunately La Junta's 2 and 3* don't exactly push the pillz out...basically they need attack manipulation it's that simple really. No other reason

« Previous12...1516171819202122Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals