A dedicated ELO clan tier list

Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18
{) - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
215 messages
{) - Veteran English - Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18

*disclamer* just to start this of i am not some pro l33t player or anything like that and this just my opinion and it is subject to change.

tier 1-

GHEIST their bonus is just so damn stong and well their cards are much better than their counterpart the Roots imo, i dont think they are the best and they have their weakness "like SoB" and their mono decks arent as stong with the recent perma banns

Montana that attack reduction is just insane, they have so many good cards like Mona, Griezzo and Spiaghi probably the best clan, makes a nice mono or half deck

Skeelz so solid good in a half deck, mono and splash does pretty much every thing. nuff said

Piranas before i get started i have to say they are my main "well used to be" their bonus is really good, clans that need it like Rescue and GHEIST are just slaughtered most of their cards have huge power, pill manipulation is real strong Scrubb can just overpill and get away with it. Only down side half deck isnt so strong imo and their perma banns really make a difference.

Vortex their clan bonus is so forgiving and allows you to make huge plays and not geting punished for it, however the main problem is their bonus doent win fights. btw they are on the edge of being top of tier 2 but im nice like that.

ok so thats the end of tier 1 i just wanna say that thats not in any order and that if your favourite clan isnt there tier 2 is still very viable they just have down sides that tier 1 dont.
« Previous12...1516171819202122Next »

191/215
0_4DPaladin - Veteran English
Thursday 03/01/2013, 17:00

@waster

Lou
192/215
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Thursday 03/01/2013, 18:04

@ComeAtMe: Very good tier list IMO. I generally agree. Would move All Stars and Roots up to T1... PC, NM, and Freaks up to T3. Those are very minor changes, however.

@Waster: I don't feel that the OP cards people complained about most have contributed to power creep. Kalindra, the anomaly that she was, did not cause any strong cards to be created in response to her that I can think of. Spyke may be partially responsible for Lucy and a drastic increase in Prot: P on 8 powered cards... However, nobody is screaming for a ban on those cards now that Spyke is gone.They would have been fine in the meta even if they had been implemented before Spyke.

If you really think about it, it should become pretty obvious that OP cards and power creep have nothing to do with each other. There have always been OP cards. There is not a correlating trend between releases of OP cards and the average card getting stronger. OP releases happen at random intervals throughout the lifetime of the game, and power creep would be a gentle, steady upward curve, if we were to graph it.

Just out of curiosity, why do you see the need for a format change? I think if ELO were to change drastically, some people would leave, maybe a few new ones would give it a shot, but largely the same "strategy fiends" would dominate t100. Less competitive players would still focus on DT and other formats. I feel like the positive impact would be minor.
193/215
Richliu - Event team - D-Versified English
Friday 04/01/2013, 02:24

I love how the same people are contributing to this thread but the OP has completely neglected it lol... Of course I don't think it's a bad thing. I want to thank the advanced ELO players for their time and have a few ideas to implement.

I think it would "freshen" ELO by changing the Staff-banned lists every 2 or 3 months. This way it won't have a drastic impact on the meta, but it would also promote buying previously ELO banned cards and other cards in this clan. This way, a single perma-ban list change can promote diversity in clan usage and help combat inflation in the market.

What do you guys think about this?
194/215
Richliu - Event team - D-Versified English
Friday 04/01/2013, 02:31

Another interesting Idea I'd like to implement is that you can add in ELO-banned cards, but like DT's there would be a different penalty for each card. For example:
Jackie Cr- Max Stars-3 (22)
Spyke: Max Stars-2 (23)
Gil: Max Stars-1 (24)

~Discuss~
195/215
Friday 04/01/2013, 05:43

@ Richliu:

Interesting ideas, but I ultimately don't think they're feasible. Many of the cards that are banned have an overpowering impact on a deck. Spyke, Jackie Cr, and Gil all have so much impact on a game that building a lower-star deck in order to use them would be a no-brainer. Nightmare's Phyllis/Artus/2 3*s half-deck would see lots of play along with some half featuring an OP card.

But the good news is that ELO already features a mechanic similar to what you are suggesting... Except it only happens to new releases. An OP card comes out every once in a while, makes certain clans more desirable (either to pair with the OP card or to counter the OP card,) the meta and the market play musical chairs for a bit... And then the card is banned out of ELO.
196/215
Cyber - Event team - E X C A L I B U R English
Saturday 05/01/2013, 02:08

In case you didnt know AAR plays Mono La Junta and hit 1450 this week with it multiple times. It shows that either you know how to play that clan or you dont in the current elo game. I wouldnt say they're not usable but neither would I say its easy to use. This is directed at oracle's post.
197/215
AGPrinz - Titan - 'AktivGaming' English
Saturday 05/01/2013, 17:44

To hit 1450, you have to play ALOT of games
198/215
Saturday 05/01/2013, 21:22

Prinz, many of the best players in this game don't grind. They build good decks that work well or gain advantage against everything in that week's meta, and they try to pull in streaks with a really high win ratio... The closer to 100%, the better. I personally just try to play 3-5 games per day after hitting 1300. That has been enough to get me into t100 on most weeks.
199/215
0 ComeAtMe - Titan - aussie crusaders English
Saturday 05/01/2013, 22:01

@AGPrinz - I hope that was a joke. If you have a clean ELO run from 1300 to 1450 it shouldn't take more then 20 games.
200/215
Fotakou - Imperator ελληνικά
Sunday 06/01/2013, 09:48

Any chance you guys can share one of the decks you used this weeK? Here is mine,making me hit 1200+ plus(yeah laugh your asses off) for the first time. Inspired after reading 0 ComeAtMe's list

->Junkz
Flanagan
Jiro
Romana
Tremorh

->Roots
Flora
Gretchen
Rico
Ojibway

« Previous12...1516171819202122Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals