Changes to characters banned in ELO

Wednesday 19/12/2012, 11:00
Goralion - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
114 messages
Goralion - Admin - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Wednesday 02/01/2013, 16:07

The following cards have been permanently added to the list of characters banned in ELO:
- Yookie (Roots)
- Olga (Freaks)
- Askai (Jungo)
- Azel (Nightmare)
- Muze (Pussycats)
- Robb Cr (All Stars)
- Kalindra (Frozn)
- Dolly (GHEIST)

edited by Espectroscuro Wednesday 02/01/2013, 16:07
« Previous12...56789101112Next »

91/114
0 Nomi - Imperator - Street Owners English
Wednesday 02/01/2013, 18:04

Espectroscuro confirmed the bans as well in the spanish forum. Anyway, Kalindra was always banned, yet i saw Frozn on ELO every now and then. Not always, sure, but sometimes. They also have fair replacements for her, Ayah and Thorpah are pretty usable, and sort of dangerous. Kalindra, on the other hand, was completely unbalanced and unfair.
92/114
XxMagicianxX - Titan - R-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N English
Thursday 03/01/2013, 21:48

How was this not published on the UR home page??
93/114
Thursday 03/01/2013, 22:29

I am highly concerned about some of these changes.
The most bizarre ban is MuzeMuze is barely overpowered and Pussycats Reeeeeeally need the help in ELO. I am confident this ban was a poor decision

I also disagree with the Askai, Yookie and Kalindra bans:
Askai is strong, but it is not unfair and it is accessible to beginners (since it’s common and cheap) – so why Askai over Troompah?
Yookie is a staple and is by no means overpowered - Gertjan would have made a lot more sense.
Kalindra is obviously overpowered and should obviously be banned – JUST NOT YET!! Without Kalindra, Frozn is completely unplayable right now!

I do, however, agree with the Olga, Robb Cr, Azel, and Dolly bans:
Olga is way overpowered and the ban makes sense
Robb Cr is way overpowered and the ban makes sense (also, All Stars just got Saki as a replacement)
Azel makes sense - Nightmare is already strong and the poison ability should be left to the other guilds
Dolly makes sense for the same reason as Azel
94/114
Thursday 03/01/2013, 22:34

I also think that Arkn and Wee Lee should now be allowed back
95/114
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Friday 04/01/2013, 10:58

X magician ur are quite right except how is Robb Cr overpowered? SoA? mere nuisance SoB? mere nuisance Attack manipulation? DR? Saki was the op one.

Gertjan is just way op yah i agreed need to ban that bad boy.

if Wee Lee or anyone is released MANY more cards should be released too.... Lou, Lea, Lamar Cr and all the les should be released too
96/114
Friday 04/01/2013, 21:07

You’re right the oracle, I should have gone into more detail about Robb Cr –he is in fact situationally overpowered. There are times where the opponent’s ability or bonus will render him useless. Otherwise, however, he is crazy good and can affect the entire match in a negative way. That kind of power should be reserved for a 4 or 5 star. I also agree that Saki is a much stronger card. However, it is because of that that the All Stars’ wings need to be clipped. It’s the same reason why I agree that Lea, Ulrich, and Arno should be banned. If certain clans become very much more powerful/played in ELO, some of their cards should be banned in order to even the playing field. That way there is more choice and keeps ELO interesting. It is for the same reason that I think banning Muze and Kalindra is a very bad decicion – because those clans (Pussycat / Frozn) are already pretty unplayable in high-level ELO. Why would the UR staff make them totally unplayable? This is also why I think Wee Lee should be allowed back – because his clan could use the extra boost.
97/114
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 05/01/2013, 16:08

I know i haven`t given my views on any of these cards being banned yet,and i know im the only one thinking this,but if you want to talk about annoying cards that need to go away,all i hear is "kalindra go away,Beeboy go away" yet nobody seems to be paying attention to the big 3 star -5 opp damage mini elephant in the room.Don't know who im talking about? I'm talking about Uranus.Because as stupid as the timing was in banning Kalindra(it should have waited until the next round of cuts at least,you just dont cut off value to a card before it even gets any,but that's a topic for another day),nobody wants to say "let's ban Uranus"

Because never mind that Uranus has gotten almost as many votes as Kalidnra when she was up for voting,never mind that's she's got a broken ability,never mind that most of the UR community thinks she's so broken that she has to be banned every week she's up,it's just baffling.Why is she still there in elo?The saks have enough adequate 3 stars that they wont miss her(again) and it's not like banning her is killing them,because if you know saks players and saks decks,there's always an alesiter or a nah boh to go along with Uranus.

So,i end with this proposal to have Uranus banned at the start of the next elo season,because hey,if you dont do it now,you'll have to do it sooner or later.
98/114
Ice dragon T - Titan - Dragons Cro Clan English
Saturday 05/01/2013, 21:17

Great change
I hate Olga , Kalindra and Askai in ELO
99/114
Moe2000 - Senior - Time Conquers All English
Sunday 06/01/2013, 22:26

Is the staff going to unban certain cards?
100/114
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Tuesday 08/01/2013, 09:09

Sakrohm is fairly unplayable in the high level play so Uranus is not THAT potent. He was a card that was long hated, but was a big middle finger to cards such as kalindra and Beeboy. I dont even see those cards that overpowered, reason being that.

but yes, if the Sakrohm gets a strong release (strong SoA release something like 7/7 Courage: SoA) then Uranus should be banned

« Previous12...56789101112Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals