Cards that deserve/ dont deserve bans

Sunday 06/01/2013, 16:52
0 the oracle - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
273 messages
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open CasketEnglish - Sunday 06/01/2013, 16:52

Hey guys so I will just start us off. I dont get how Lizbeth is on top of the charts??? I mean for 1 less damage, you get Lulabee, which is FAR more stable than Lizbeth. I know, different clans, but Ulu is not that bad by themselves. + there are many replacements, and Lizbeth is what, like 60k? this is ridiculous.

I think Dorian is quite borderline as well, Uppers can still do pretty well without him. Herman, Hefty, even Lady are all replacements for Dorian, i mean i know he is strong against SoA, but thats it!. Herman is actually more threatening than Dorian in many matchups minus GHEIST/Roots.
« Previous12...789101112...2728Next »

91/273
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Saturday 19/01/2013, 13:22

@fanta pants do you know what you are talking about?!?!?!?!

2* Treeman + Flora they are BOTH AMAZING even Jeto / Miken Moose are usable at times
3* Gertjan (in mono BEAST) Noodile Cr Rico ESPECIALLY Jeena jeena is friggin amazing the hell are you talking about Ellie is good at times too
4* Tuck Gretchen you are referring to... Burdock is usable not amazing, but Amanie is highly usable. look the only thing she is weak to is.... Roots. so... yah some situations she is even better than Gretchen
5* i think Ojibway is amazing 10 damage first round he might even deserve a ban i know unstable, but seriously very powerful card.

lets compare them to Piranas which have a less useful bonus

Tuck -- Raeth: Raeth is slightly better, but pretty much the same thing, so Tuck is better.
Jeena -- Ulrich: again arguably better because of bonus and Ulrich is banned
Noodile Cr -- Tyd: same
Gertjan: Taljion plain better

see Roots has good cards.
92/273
E10din - Titan English
Saturday 19/01/2013, 20:28

Comparing cards in different clans never works, so don't try and validate your argument by doing so. if you truly want to validate your argument, do it empirically, not by saying x>y therefore x is amazing.
93/273
Fanta Pants - Guru - aussie crusaders English
Sunday 20/01/2013, 03:28

Oracle we obviously have hugely varying opinions on what an amazing card is. Via my definition and amazing card controls the game, they force your opponent to play their entire hand differently. (Liam doesn't sway the way i play my entire hand). Via your definition Defeat: + 2 life is amazing.

Jeena is sub par. Provides 1 function. Good cards provide multiple roles, as far as i can see she does one.

Ojibway is by far their best 5* but they have no depth. Most clans have at least 3 5* cards that can fit within the synergy of a deck. Roots have 1.

Outside of Roots maybe 4 of their cards would be used.

I'm sick of arguing with you. This thread was meant for discussing the bans on cards. Let's keep it that way.

If anything less bans would make the game more interesting. Balance in the meta game is nice, but it also makes it far less fun. Bring back some cards from times gone by so we determine if they're still broken in the current meta game.
94/273
Cyber - Event team - E X C A L I B U R English
Sunday 20/01/2013, 08:56

"lets compare them to Piranas which have a less useful bonus
Tuck -- Raeth: Raeth is slightly better, but pretty much the same thing, so Tuck is better.
Jeena -- Ulrich: again arguably better because of bonus and Ulrich is banned
Noodile Cr -- Tyd: same
Gertjan: Taljion plain better"

@oracle: You cant compare cards this way. Lets say Ulrich is unbanned, Ulrich makes a better DR against Jungo, Berzerk, La Junta, Fang Pi Clang. Different clans work differently. You should NEVER compare cards with similar abilities when both of them are in different clans. All of them serve differently in a deck.

@Fanta: Jeena is still amazingly good even without his bonus.
95/273
Sunday 20/01/2013, 14:52

Look of course Liam doesnt sway your entire hand he is a 2*.... what would oyu want, 8/8 SoA? point is it would stop you from just bluntly sending out your Kenny Cr without thinking. defeat: + 2 life coupled with SoA is GODLY on a 2*, ever faced those pesky Flanagan, Spiaghi? yah thats right Flora is amazing agianst those.

ok I take back the comparing clans part. but Rosen is still usable 12 damage fury could be threatening. thing is Roots was not even meant for 'bam nuke now go die' play. it is meant for low econ pill play, ie trying to win with 3 rounds or bluff well and fury on one card win 2 rounds.

it just makes me think you have never played Roots, well Roots has gotten me to top 25 two straight weeks, lets see you try that.
96/273
E10din - Titan English
Sunday 20/01/2013, 17:25

Whoa. first of all cut the logical fallacies. in one post you've managed to have at least 3, ad hominem, argument from authority and slippery slope. secondly, yes i don't do well with Roots. they don't fit my playstyle. i much prefer Piranas/Junkz to Roots.
97/273
Fanta Pants - Guru - aussie crusaders English
Monday 21/01/2013, 01:03

I've play Roots to my highest Elo score, i know how they work.

All I suggest is that people see Roots as a greater threat than they are.

Rosen has potential. If she had 1 more damage she'd be their best 5*. Sadly she doesn't and this makes her a gimmick rather than a powerhouse card.

As i've stated before i want 2* cards which can change a battle, and as i've said before i want to remove more bans not add them. Boonie Ld and Gil FTW
98/273
Monday 21/01/2013, 03:33

Those are called op cards @fanta pants. yah they should release 8/8 SoA for the Rescue clan, cuz that would make games a breeze. and look, at times cards like Trey, Hawkins or Belle can pack a punch. Hel can do a total of 8 life gap, whilst Sheitane can do 9. is that what you want?

in the current meta, i think Jean is possibly one of the most powerful cards available. 8 power SoA immune to DRs? sign me up.
99/273
-Montrosity- - Titan - Symphony English
Monday 21/01/2013, 05:05

You should know elo is about balance, believe it or not some clans/cards break this balance. I for one don't really mind, as its your tactics which direct your game.

For example, if you know Uppers are weak against SOA. Thus not many players would go mono Uppers, in the latter case why not unban Zatman. I havent been around that long when he was in the elo, but l dont see him as a threat.

I''ve been told before each and every clan has its own weaknesses, therefore counter-clans to oppose them. IMO l think balance is slowly being created thus as oracle calls op cards don't decide matches. Like Palmer and Virginia, their surprisingly strong cards but being 5 stars is what prevents them being 'op'.

Thus my reasons for Zatman
100/273
0 Nomi - Imperator - the courtyard of shadows English
Monday 21/01/2013, 07:12

Zatman works the same as Lehane. A super annoying and unfair wall. Also, unlike Lehane, he has 4 damage, a sort of noticeable amount you can't just let through.

« Previous12...789101112...2728Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals