Underrated cards

Underrated cards
Sunday 13/01/2013, 15:51
0 the oracle - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
78 messages
Underrated cards
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open CasketEnglish - Sunday 13/01/2013, 15:51

Sorry started this one before but dont want to bring it up. please keep to ELO specific!

Ill start us off:

Spudd: sorry this guy gets like no attention at all. i know 4 damage may seem painful at times.... but look not all card have to be oh yah big power big damage now go die! this card is a great wall great ability + bonus synergy. one more thing i would like to mention is the low minimum on this guy, that 1 pill can change a game at times.

Ward hg: way overlooked due to fierce competition. honestly, at least half the time I would prefer this card to Cyb Lhia, since he is not limited to turn 1. look at all his counterparts, Laura is 3 stars, Lilou has 7 power, Luba has 1 more star AND 1 less damage.

Bloodh: how often do you see a card with 9 life gap capability WITH protection. people say Piranas is all about pillz manip and Bloodh doesnt fit into the theme blahblah bad card. I say no, leave him to last round and you will not regret having him in your deck.

Liam: only viable SoA for Skeelz, and very splashable in decks actually. often overlooked by Redra and Sasha, but I would recommend try to have all 3 in your deck.
« Previous12345678Next »

71/78
hashburki - Imperator - REIGN OF THE SUPREMES English
Wednesday 10/04/2013, 00:34

Gatline : Sorry, Brianna is better, Brianna can viewed as 8/5 +8 attack, only that you get the extra pill afterwards. So in the first 3 rounds Brianna is better in the last round Gatline is better. But yes Gatline is no doubt good but faces competition (Bryan Brianna Arnie Isatis (mono). Come to think of it her base stats and ability are same as of Tuck Petra or Raeth.

Veronica : Is underrated or at-least used to be. A Muze bluff + Veronica used to be devastating but since Muze's banning and Malicia's unveiling Veronica has very little synergy with the other clan members

Bloodh : yes he's a good card, better than Miss Lizbeth and less susceptible to DR. But since Piranas don't have a DR or a Heal card or any defeat + life card for that matter, they have to win 3 rounds, thus Selma helps that cause better. If Piranas had good defeat cards and DRs, we would see Bloodh being used.

Shakaarti is Underrated IMO
Leela is Underrated
Quasichoco is Underrated
72/78
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Wednesday 10/04/2013, 01:17

@Hashburki:

Brianna can't be viewed as 8+8 attack for a very simple reason: She is NOT 8+8 attack.
Gatline beats Brianna or any other unmodified 8 power without SoA up to 8 pills.
What you're trying to say is "Brianna get a pill back so you can pill her harder." While that is true, in the event that she loses her round, that puts you at an even bigger disadvantage... And if you overpill with her against 1 pill, you've probably made your game 50/50.

I am not saying Brianna is worse than Gatline. IMO Brianna IS a little bit better, but her biggest asset is the 8/7 stats she brings vs SoA clans, vs Gatline's 7/7.
73/78
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Wednesday 10/04/2013, 09:27

@hashburki

It is very rare that Bloodh is actually more DR resistant than Miss Lizbeth. Any playable DR in ELO will have an equal effect against either.

There MAY be the odd case against something like Zornado or Peeler, but that is extremely rare (and only causes a 1-gap difference). Just saying.

@ghelas

*nods in agreeement*

Oh yeah, and:
Shakaarti = not really sure. Possibly 'underrated', but I have don't have the experience with her to give any real support to that.
Veronica = ehh, she really isn't that good. I think her 'underratedness' is justified.
Leela = pretty good. I doubt she's underrated though; most P-cat players would strongly consider her (and play her according to the other half-deck)
Quasichoco gets played, and not any less than is deserved.

That is all for now.
74/78
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Wednesday 10/04/2013, 11:27

Victoria is underrated, usually people would run Tolliver or even Wardog over her, but Victoria gives so much control over SoA cards, you shut down any card with SoA.
75/78
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Thursday 11/04/2013, 04:18

Victoria: yah i thought she was underrated too until i started using her. she is honestly not that great, mainly because of 4 damage. a good SoA needs to have good damage output to backup, hence Nahomi.

Bloodh: i still think he is really underrated. not true, if you have him a lot of times you can pretty much just win 2 rounds, mainly because SoB stops like a lot of damage clans already. Save him till last turn, always.

Brianna: yah she cant be viewed as +8 attack, because that is ONLY if you win. but yah greatest asset is solidness.

Lulabee: honestly not much can stop her. for the record, she is usually better than Hefty (+2 power is usually more useful on 5*?). i dont really see 6 damage as a big problem (Rolph had 6 damage too), and not many cards can reduce a full 6 damage. maybe Daddy Jones is too good to ignore sometimes tho.
76/78
KitsuneKatsumi - Imperator - XiongDang English
Thursday 11/04/2013, 18:40

Shakaarti doesn't and shouldn't see play because her ability is courage based, which overlaps with X-0DUS. X-0DUS is 1 star less with a better ability (SOA), for 1 less damage. Shakaarti's most valuable quality is that she keeps the Vortex bonus against bonus: SOB clans. However, X-0DUS's SOA is even more valuable against Piranas or Nightmare. SOA also means X-0DUS' s 6 damage is much better protected than Shakaarti's 7.

7/7 is a great base line for Shakaarti but her ability SOB should have been unconditional.

Lulabee: Obsolete these days. You are correct, she compares with Hefty. But Hefty is only used in standard. Hefty's damage is too weak compared to Dorian, Glenn, Herman or Lady to see play in ELO. Same with Lulabee, SOB is just not good enough of an ability to justify a sub-par 7/6 base line, especially in a clan that has some of the best 5* characters available.
77/78
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Thursday 11/04/2013, 23:02

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Shaakarti is 7/7 with great pill recovery without her ability, so she can easily hit in an off-Courage turn. Putting her and X-0 in the same deck is just fine. Shaakarti doesn't see play because Vortex has better 5*s, but she's not, strictly speaking, a bad choice. Very useful vs both SoB and SoA decks, either of which can give Vortex trouble.
78/78
WMDuessel - Imperator - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 21/04/2013, 16:59

Fizzle. This card is amazing, it's Junkz's Maurice/Marina! I know Gibson has similar stats and arguably a more versatile ability, but Fizzle is such a good opener because you can just old her, and deal damage. She's in that crowded Junkz 4* department, but to see that she isn't even considered for a deck... I'll be using her for sure.

« Previous12345678Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals