Underrated cards

Underrated cards
Sunday 13/01/2013, 15:51
0 the oracle - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
78 messages
Underrated cards
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open CasketEnglish - Sunday 13/01/2013, 15:51

Sorry started this one before but dont want to bring it up. please keep to ELO specific!

Ill start us off:

Spudd: sorry this guy gets like no attention at all. i know 4 damage may seem painful at times.... but look not all card have to be oh yah big power big damage now go die! this card is a great wall great ability + bonus synergy. one more thing i would like to mention is the low minimum on this guy, that 1 pill can change a game at times.

Ward hg: way overlooked due to fierce competition. honestly, at least half the time I would prefer this card to Cyb Lhia, since he is not limited to turn 1. look at all his counterparts, Laura is 3 stars, Lilou has 7 power, Luba has 1 more star AND 1 less damage.

Bloodh: how often do you see a card with 9 life gap capability WITH protection. people say Piranas is all about pillz manip and Bloodh doesnt fit into the theme blahblah bad card. I say no, leave him to last round and you will not regret having him in your deck.

Liam: only viable SoA for Skeelz, and very splashable in decks actually. often overlooked by Redra and Sasha, but I would recommend try to have all 3 in your deck.
« Previous12345678Next »

51/78
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 30/01/2013, 10:00

You dont have to use Jungo every week! but i am just saying that even with a few of their characters banned they are STILL very useful, trust me. Nahema is not like toptier, but definitely a nuke to be reckoned. and the reason to use Jungo is actually the 2*s, if ppl have not realized. Pegh + Jean are one of the best 2* combos in the game, and Rodney is very nice to have as well.

Buck is not really good, Ayah is just crap. Buck is not usable outside of mono, and in the current meta often gets butt kicked.
52/78
AGPrinz - Titan - 'AktivGaming' English
Wednesday 30/01/2013, 11:13

Ayah isnt crap. Its basically a guaranteed 9 - 7, it really doesnt have a weakness to soa OR sob.
53/78
Wednesday 30/01/2013, 11:38

No, not guaranteed..... firstly, first round he is unusable.

secondly, if your opponent so happens to have soa AND sob in the same hand, then, yah.

thirdly, 9/7 for a 5* is nothing to boast about.... many cards of the same level can reach that, maybe even more.
54/78
Tsuda_hkg - Guru - HKG English
Wednesday 30/01/2013, 13:13

9/7 for a 5* is just nothing. Buba 10/7, Isatis 9/8, Coby 8/7 +8atk, Asporov, Shogunn and Buck 9/7.
All are 4* and usable every round.
55/78
teSG-Light - Hero English
Thursday 31/01/2013, 18:31

Sasha in a half deck is very underrated.

Veronica of Pussycats is mildly underrated.

Ditha is very strong in the right deck.

Cyb Lhia is extremely underrated, even with her current price...... (yes I went there, I said that)

Varoslav is underrated as well. 7 power is decent for Freaks, and 3 damage is respectable on a 3* for this particular clan. The pill manip is also pretty strong. The only downside is that you have to make extremely good calls. There is already small room for error when playing Freaks. There is no room for error with Varoslav.

Mawpin and Eadh are often overlooked because people tend to Artus and Phyillis.

Yumi of FCP is situational powerful.
56/78
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Friday 01/02/2013, 00:52

Cyb Lhia: I think some players underrate her but I think most experienced Vortex users know that she is clearly the best 2* Vortex, one of the best Vortex character period, and one of the best 2* characters in ELO period.

Varoslav: Freaks have two better pill manipulators in Baldovino and Grudj. Now, pill manipulation + poison is a rare and excellent combination of abilities but it may not be what you want on a 3*, and a 3* 7 power character may also not be what you want to throw out on turn 1 when you could be throwing out an 8/4 or an 8/6. So the problem of Varoslav is that, although he has a topend combo of ability + bonus, you don't necessarily want to draw it twice (i.e. Varsolav + Grudj is a weaker draw than Quasichoco + Grudj). Saving a * is worth considering, but I'd rather cut corners somewhere else than go from Grudj to Varoslav.

Mawpin: Weakness is being a 5 power character with a conditional combat ability. This will absolutely lose you games. At full ability, he is a 3* character but he isn't always that. The risk is not worth the reward in this case.

Eadh: He is an above average 2* character but in Nightmare he is only #3 power reducer at best, certainly behind Azgroth and Edwin.

Agree with you on Sasha, Veronica, Ditha and Yumi. Although I don't think Ditha is the 5* you want going past 1300.
57/78
Friday 01/02/2013, 15:20

Cyb Lhia: well not underrated, i see her a lot. thing is she has very few synergy with clan mates (due to all being damage cards) and she has high minimum. well for a 2* of course she is great great. but kinda ironic, since you usually dont want to pill on 2*s. honestly, in situations i prefer Ward hg because slightly more consistent and unpredictable and available all rounds.

Varoslav: Varoslav is kinda bad, sorry ignoring bonus wise, he is STRICTLY worse than Tremorh. well definitely usable, but with no power/attack manip 7 power is weak weak, so is 3 damage. weak to most stuffs, and as kitsune said there are better higher star replacements.

Mawpin: hes actually great and not underrated i see him quite a lot. while Artus always comes first, it is your choice between Phyllis, Mawpin and Eadh.

Eadh: how is he behind Azgroth? your comparisons are terrible lol... Azgroth has FOUR terrible damage. Edwin is less solid against SoA.

Sasha: Skeelz is not meant for half deck, and 7/2 4-16 attack is not that great, thats why. Belle Liam Redra are all better options in that way.

Veronica: sorry crap card 0 synergy with ability/ bonus and 7 power is bad.

Yumi: beaten by competition (ie Chan and Kusuri) dont need a third 3 star for fpc and confidence is unattractive.

Ditha: shaky shaky shaky, but she will work against the right hands. 7 power tho again

edited by RG LoA Friday 01/02/2013, 15:20
58/78
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Sunday 03/02/2013, 03:44

Veronica's art, that's what's underrated! Awesome art for all 4 of her developments. Her art embodies what the Pussycats are all about.
59/78
Monday 11/02/2013, 07:18

Another list that i have come up with:

Greesh: i know, 6 power. but seriously TEN DAMAGE if used on first turn? i mean, Piranas ALWAYS had a problem with low damage, why isnt this guy used??

Glenn: often often overlooked. competition in clan is true, that includes Dorian (banned constantly), Hefty, Herman, Lady. but with so many SoAs around, he is the second (or third) most solid card when faced with those. everyone's like oh crap Avola so scary, well this guy has a minimum i know, but he can be used in HALF DECKS, as well as better when matched up against SoAs. greatest first turn bluff ever.

Kuei: i think this guys as close as getting banned possible? possibly, i mean if it had straight out SoB everyone would start using him no doubt. revenge is conditional, but it is the easiest to activate out of all those abilities. i honestly think this guys tied with Kerozinn Cr, but all i hear when ppl say Fang Pi Clang 5*s are the latter, Tsubame and Yoshida. this guy gets no mention?
60/78
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Monday 11/02/2013, 08:21

Greesh: if players wanted a SOB poisoner they would use Nightmare? Sheitane (who is probably more likely an underrated character) is a min. 1. There's Ector? Greesh doesn't play well with Ector. Andsom is a bigger threat and isn't played. Piranas don't have a problem with damage: only if you play too many < 4 damage guys (Hawkins, Puff, Amiral, Trey) do you have a problem with damage. If you play him on turn 1 and win, you are at a pill disadvantage. Very difficult for Piranas to win from there. Piranas are about being a threat every turn. That has no synergy with Greesh. Their biggest need is more dependable anchors on turn 4. They are not lacking threats on turn 1.

Glenn: Competition as you said, especially also since there is 4* Glenn (Kayazan), 3* Glenn (Oxen) and 2* Glenn (Gail Ld), But she isn't overlooked or underrated. She is a near topend 5* and one of the most difficult characters to play against on turn 1.

Kuei: SOB is only a mediocre ability on a 5*, it is more suited for 2* characters, and on top of it Kuei's SOB is conditional so that means that his ability will fail on occasion. Not to mention that FPC is not lacking in topend unconditional SOB characters at 3* (Shifou), 2* (Marlysa Cr) and quasi 4* (Futoshi Ld). Kerozinn and Yoshida's non-conditional fighting abilities are much, much better, so Kuei never really enters the discussion. Heitachi is a more useful character not even considering he is a * less.

« Previous12345678Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals