Hi, There have been a few cases of scamming lately so I'm making this thread to help players not get scammed and to help players who have been scammed.
---How not to get scammed or hacked---:
- NEVER follow a link that someone has sent you unless its ether http://www.urban-rivals.com/
or a well know fan site. Links from http://www.urban-rivals.com/
usually hyper-link so you don't need to copy them and you can check this page: http://www.urban-rivals.com/en/community/fansites.php
to find a list of known fan sites. REMEMBER if you are unsure or it sounds too good to be true don't follow the link.
- NEVER give your password to anyone, this includes Friends and people who say they are Moderators or Admins. No admins or moderators will ask for your password and players will never need it, Moderators have no use for your password and admins can access your account without it.
- NEVER put your password into a website unless its the Urban Rivals homepage: http://www.urban-rivals.com/
This website should only ask you for it once per login and it will always be http://www.urban-rivals.com/
- Make sure you have your actual current email address connected to your account. This will allow you to change your password if you need to.
---What should I do if I receive a scam message---
- Don't follow the link or give them your password.
- Send a screen shot of the pm and a link to the player's account page to support. http://www.urban-rivals.com/en/staff/contactus.php
- Send the same thing to a Moderator. http://www.urban-rivals.com/en/staff/moderators.php
- Don't send abusive pms to the player or start a "witch hunt" with the player-base. The person sending the pm might of been hacked themselves and Support and Moderators will sort things out.
---What should I do if I am hacked/scammed---
- Change your password as soon as you can, also change the password for the email account you have connected to your account and your Facebook account.
- Contact support, they will look into the player who accessed your account as well as what has happened. They have been known to return stolen cards to players accounts but keep in mind they warn every time about it and if the support team discover that you had been trapped because you want some strange free ticket or free credits then the support team might not recover your collection (reported as cheating attempt).
- You can also contact a moderator.
I hope this guide help and remember stay safe
edited by UM_AaaBattery Monday 06/10, 12:52