Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Strategy and Tactics: General

You think you've built the ultimate Deck? You believe you've got great strategy ideas? Share those ideas with your rivals.
13671 subjects - 144958 messages

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

« Previous12...604605606607608609...683684Next »       search the message board

Sunday 09/03/08

6 messages
English Gryazzie - last answer from 0- JP, Sunday 09/03/2008, 16:04.
Which is better? Bryan or Getrud???
13 messages
English Kate - subject is closed
Any ideas guys???
8 messages
Português Zhupons - last answer from TheScathed, Sunday 09/03/2008, 07:20.
Well this abilitys are not very used but still they are suppose to work in benefit of the owner so I don't get why this abillitys can reduce the card's damage and power...

I mean, for example, if I'm using Laetitia against Colin Laetitia power should not be changed since she has higher power but her power comes down from 4 to 3! So in this case it would be better if she had no ability!

My point is that, I think it would be better if this kind of abilitys had limits. If a card has 4 power than the ability only kicks in if the opp card has 5 or higher power! Or is it really supose for the ability to have it's bad part?
28 messages
English TheScathed - last answer from TheScathed, Sunday 09/03/2008, 07:07.
All maxed:

Roots
Narendra
Noodile
Ratanah
Yookie

Nightmare
Estalt
Sheitane
Dieter
K Cube

Your opinions, please.
Saturday 08/03/08

4 messages
English Calibann - last answer from LOA_MadPirate, Saturday 08/03/2008, 03:54.
I only found one other post about battle points but it was not the same as what I am seeing from time to time. First let me say I have gotten 30-35 points in a battle before often so I know it is possible but many times I get nowhere near what I have calculated. Recent example:

I came to the battle with 14 stars:
"The number of points awarded to the winner is equal to 25 minus the sum of the levels of the 4 characters in your team (showed by the yellow stars)"

So I should start with 11 if I win right?

My level 2 beat level 5 so 5 more points, that brings us to 16.

I lost the next battle

Next battle level 3 beat level 5 so 5 more points bringing us to 21
Last battle my level 5 beat level 3 so 2 more points bringing it to 23 total.

"Bonus if victory by KO and you have pillz left : remaining pillz * 2 Points"

I had a KO with 3 pillz left so 6 more points for a total of 29. Please tell me if I have any of this wrong because I only got 16 points in this particular battle.

I have encountered this situation dozens of times where my math does not seem to come close to what I actually get.

Am I reading something wrong?

I even had a battle where the guy used all his pillz first round and I was using Rescue so ended up with all 12 pillz brought 17 stars to the battle and won the least 3 rounds, I only got 13 points, I should have had 24 just for the pillz as it was a KO. Things like this have happened often

Thanks
26 messages
English Teh HOBO - last answer from LOA_MadPirate, Saturday 08/03/2008, 02:40.
I'm not sure how many of you play CCG's but a common term is "metagame", this refers to a lot of things; amount of different decks being played, popular decks, dominant decks and rotation of the dominant strategies(or new strategies to replace them). A healthy "meta" includes many things, notably variety of choice and rotation in some form or another.
So what does that little lesson have to do with UR? Well, I don't believe the meta to be all that healthy right now(yes this is another post about Rescue). Can Rescue be beaten? Sure, lots of ways, but those ways all restrict you to either using ONLY those strategies that beat Rescue or Rescue themselves. So other decks get thrown out the window, for example who uses Freaks, show of hands? Didn't think so, Freaks is all but unplayable, they weren't a popular deck to begin with now with Rescue(as a whole) being so much better than the best Freaks deck possible and with everyone using SOA/SOB it's unplayable.
This is why Rescue is a destabilizing force in the meta, because it forces you to either use them or cards of similar power(Uppers, Nightmare, Montana, to a lesser extent GHEIST and Pussycats), or use Rescue themselves. The solution isn't creating more powerful cards, then you just get "power creep", this is a bad thing as it doesn't solve the underling problem and creates the same problem in a new form(see:Yu-Gi-Oh, Black Lotus, pre-redoux SWCCG). IMO the solution is to lessen Rescue make the bonus attack +2.
More to come.
4 messages
English Twitchie - last answer from Blue Zero, Saturday 08/03/2008, 00:44.
I've been saving my clintz and so far i have to Dwain Cr in the Nightmare clan.And up to XU52 in Ghiest But im unsure on an acceptable deck build for these two decks. I want to make an ELO deck out of them. If not a tourniment ready deck i have tried it in the past but it ended up in failure.
Friday 07/03/08

6 messages
English Blue Zero - last answer from Tanto89, Friday 07/03/2008, 11:28.
Any ways on how can i make this deck more Bluffy?
anyways will do
Timmy
Sheitane
Glorg(i know you'd say Kenny but im not that rich)
Dieter
Blaaster
Vermyn N 3*
Juicy Lord
Saddy
6 messages
English Oldrepublican - last answer from Ilzhahkha, Friday 07/03/2008, 10:03.
I reely like Nightmare and i have every card except Kolos, Timmy, Glorg, and crs
what should i put with Nightmare to make it most effective, or should i go pure Nightmare
p.s. id appreciate it if som1 would exchange with me so i could get Kolos, Timmy, or Glorg
7 messages
English SinisterDexter - last answer from Baron Brixius, Friday 07/03/2008, 09:24.
The rules for ELO say that if you don't play for "a few days" your ELO score will start to drop. I can't play on weekends. How long, exactly, from my last fight will my score start to degrade?
1 message
Ok..this is my deck..trying out with Freaks

deleted
deleted

too lazy to type it out..
Thursday 06/03/08

6 messages
ελληνικά pl91 - last answer from _Mr-I_, Thursday 06/03/2008, 19:43.
I didn't know where else to put it but do you know what g.h.e.i.s.t stands for?????i know you will say because of sigmund.but in his biography it is written like this(g.h.e.i.s.t).doesn't that mean that it stands for something???thnx
5 messages
Português Volfield - last answer from 0- JP, Thursday 06/03/2008, 12:09.
Im still lvl11

Kati
Macumba
Windy Mor
Xia Leming

Cassio
Charlie
Feelyn
Yayoi

Tks in advance for any tips
9 messages
English hiro23 - last answer from 0UC K-Ryder, Thursday 06/03/2008, 08:47.
Hi, im looking for some Ulu Watu/Bangers build. ELO ofcoz. is this deck reasonable? if not im open for some propositions including Bangers or Ulu Watu.

thx
16 messages
English LOA_Burrito - last answer from LOA_MadPirate, Thursday 06/03/2008, 04:06.
13 cards in this deck

Robin

Zdrone

William

Amy

Aurelia

Carlos

COPPER

Klaus

Josh

Luis

Miss Chloe

Rebecca

Skiner

rate it change some stuff do what ever to help me
10 messages
English TNT_Shadow - last answer from LOA_MadPirate, Thursday 06/03/2008, 03:42.
Wat Leader would go best with a Montana deck?
would it be Hugo maybe?
36 messages
English 0-FS WMD - last answer from 0- JP, Thursday 06/03/2008, 03:14.
It was requested that I repost my Nightmare/GHEIST Deck. Unless I get an absolutely horrible draw or I play a large amount of pillz and lose by say just a few attack (gotta play defensively if that happens) I normally don't lose with this deck.

GHEIST: 12*

Bristone - 3*
Dr. Saw - 4*
Leviatonn - 3*
Z3r0 D34d - 2*

Nightmare: 13*

Hel - 2*
Kenny - 4*
Nistarok - 5*
Sheitane - 2*

That was my original. I recently made a few deck changes as I like that Timmy has more power. Even by 1 it can make a difference. This deck is a little more expensive though.

GHEIST:

Bristone - 3*
Selsya Cr - 2*
Leviatonn - 3*
Z3r0 D34d - 2*

Nightmare:

Dieter - 3*
Kenny - 4*
Nistarok - 5*
Timmy - 3*

Remember you don't ALWAYS have to play offense. I play defense sometimes. The game takes more then having the perfect deck. You have to think ahead. I will normally play to win on Sheitane or Timmy. Poison hurts. If it is my turn and they have lots of stop ability Gimp it. Throw them up with maybe 1 pill or 0 pillz. people WILL use a stop ability to stop poison most of the time. Either one of these guys if used on first turn does more damage then expected. Timmy can do up to 8 damage. 2 initial and then 2 every turn. Sheitane can do up to 7. I am not counting fury because it is pointless with these cards.

IF you get through and they are poisoned. LET THE POISON DO ITS WORK! gimp a battle or 2 and then take it with the last one if you can. Kenny is strong but you dont NEED fury use it sparingly.
8 messages
English someperson - last answer from 0- JP, Thursday 06/03/2008, 03:07.
17 messages
English PanzerElement - last answer from 0- JP, Thursday 06/03/2008, 02:32.
I was thinking of making a Nightmare/Uppers ELO deck, heres my current idea:

Nightmare - 12*
Dieter 3*
Hel 2*
Kenny 4*
Timmy 3*

Uppers - 13*
Jackie 4*
Rubie 3*
Samantha 3*
Zatman 3*

Any suggestions on how to improve it?
9 messages
English ewikcartman - last answer from 0- JP, Thursday 06/03/2008, 02:25.
I have this as a deck, its gotten me 5-0 so far.

Leader:
Ambre (5)

GHEIST:
Leviatonn (3)
Morlha (2)
Vladimir (5)
Z3ro D3ad (2)

Montana:
Mona (3)
Ottavia (3)
Ricardo (2)

Any advice? any changes?

« Previous12...604605606607608609...683684Next »       search the message board

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals