I don't understand the game mechanics!
Thursday 05/07/2007, 11:59
nervy - Senior English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
37 messages
I don't understand the game mechanics!
nervy - Senior - Undercover DevilsEnglish - Thursday 05/07/2007, 11:59

Hi all!
It's become pretty annoying. My card+pills gives me better strenght than my opp but nevertheless I loose the round. If in game mechanics there are some math or logics so I haven't find nothing! It's make me mad! Besides it keeps repeating!
Is there anyone who can explain this to me?
« Previous1234Next »

31/37
W00DY - Master - Team America English
Monday 09/07/2007, 13:57

Well I've lost all but three of my (close / I should win) matchups today, Maybe I pissed the randomizer off when I told it's mother it fondles little kids.
32/37
W00DY - Master - Team America English
Monday 09/07/2007, 14:05

I have counted 11 times.... 11!!!, between ever having it occur to the opponent, that I failed to move the bar while attacking. I'm pretty sure that number will increase...
33/37
Gone4eva - Senior English
Tuesday 24/07/2007, 07:03

I Used My Kharl lvl 2 Bonus Activated And Fought A Jackie Lvl 4 Bonus Activated
I Used 0 Pillz In My Character My Opponent Used 4 Pillz

Still My Kharl Wins??????

I Can't Think With This Randomness..............But I Think It's Soo Hard To Fight
34/37
0-Jade - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 24/07/2007, 12:42

Kharl who has 2 attack against a Jackie who has 32 attack. Kharl has less than 1% chance of winning and yet won? My you are one lucky guy.
35/37
0 Prophet-Cr - Titan English
Tuesday 24/07/2007, 13:08

Close thread anything to do with random factor close it , we don't get anywhere
36/37
Jerre Muesli - Titan Deutsch
Tuesday 24/07/2007, 17:51

True, I lost an elo match yesterday where he had put 5 pillz on his 5 power (25 attack) and me 7 pillz on my 7 power (49) and I lost it. It sucks, but just move along. People tend to know they got lucky and say 'whoo, I got lucky there'
37/37
A_N_N_A - Titan Česky
Tuesday 24/07/2007, 19:23

As said many times:
1) randomness makes games fun, next time you will be asking to have only 4 char deck and preconstructed boosters and that will be tottally dull
2) random and non-random rulesets have quite different strategies; if you want to emulate the random game in non random fashion you should calculate the chance to win times card damage, so both cards "win a bit", but that would lead to totally unfun game

Also:
1) winning 25 vs 49 is common, its is more then one in three chance, betting majority of your pills on the outcome of this is pretty poor bet; nothing wrong with game when you lose like this; if you want to even out the odds, play more games
2) winning 2 vs 32 should be quite rare BUT if you keep playing agains such "impossible" odds, you will win one combat in about 4 games; for my feeling, this chance is way too high for the ratio
3) note that generally playing lot of pills vs lot of pills tends to be very risky business

Maybe all we really need is an example in the rules: 5 pow with 5 pills vs 7 pow with 7 pills tend to "score" 1:2.

« Previous1234Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals